Post-Game Talk: Harry Potter vs. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Caps @ Preds, 2/9/16, 8 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
I predict a Caps win 4-3, but it will feel bad because all 3 Predators goals will be Forsberg.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Nashville is a really good team with some really bad goaltending this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Washington gets outplayed but they stay in the game or win it. Going to say 4-3 but not sure which team will win.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
People need to stop with the Forsberg thing. It's done and over with. The trade was nearly three years ago and neither the coach nor the GM that orchestrated that debacle are here any more.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I predict Ribeiro will get an unsportsmanlike after he gets leveled with a clean hit by moaning to the ref.

Last year we outplayed (IMO at least) Nashville in both meetings but came up short (Nashville scored 8 goals on 58 shots total in two games and Holtby was less than stellar - he was pulled in the 2nd game I believe)

Hopefully we see MJ and Orpik back soon. Richards played his best game so far vs Philly but we need MJ for 3rd line offense. Richards too slow to keep up with Chimera and Wilson.

Paul Gaustad is still in the league and 90% of his zone starts are in their D zone. The more Dzone faceoffs we can force the more Gaustad we will see.

Fisher and Johansen always play good vs the Caps and I'm sure Forsberg is still bitter we traded him.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Finally a game I get to go to!!! Living in KY is a huge blow to my attendance at games hoping for a big win for my daughter's first game and my son's 2nd.

Johannes de Silentio

Aug 6, 2015
Washington, D.C.
I'm really hungry for one of the following:

a) a juggernaut offensive performance where mostly our high point scorers pad their stats a bit; or

b) a stalwart defensive effort where Holtby gets the shutout but is clearly helped by our team defense, not just Holtbeast going into God mode.

Obviously both would be great, but either of those in conjunction with a win would be very welcome after some sluggish play and close wins lately.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I feel badly for Nashville. I want them to do well and they have kind of faltered this year. Still a dangerous team, though, so the Caps will have to be sharp. Let's go Caps!!!

Goaltending has let them down. Adding Johansen was a good move though. They're going to make the playoffs but they can't beat the Hawks.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Hawks just barely got by them a couple of times. It'd be nice to see the Preds finally take them down. :)

I wish they did, but the Hawks seem to have their number in the playoffs. If the Hawks lost to the Preds without an injury to a key player, it would be a major upset. There is always hope for the Preds, if Rinne goes back to playing like a Vezina caliber goalie again.

On an unrelated note, I find it funny to see how many people mistake Johansson for Johansen and vice versa.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Mojo being back is certainly good news for the PP, but it's also good news because it means the third line should be more potent offensively again. Richards has tried his hardest but it's clear so far he's only a 4th liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad