Trade: Harden to BKN, 4 1sts, 4 swaps, Oladipo, Exum, Kurucs to HOU, Allen, Prince to CLE, LeVert to IND

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I am not a Celtics fan but they are more rootable than the Nets

Nets suck this year anyway. They started off strong with a 2-0 or 3-0 start then suffered lol

They are most definitely not.

Wonder how long Nets will put up with Harden's shit. He pulled an AB to get out of Houston. Will he suit up for them? Maybe. But for how long? Would they even entertain an extension?
IIRC hes under contract until at least 2023

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
While the haul is basically what they gave up in the Boston deal, at least they are getting an in his prime player. Not a bunch of old dudes who are clearly past their prime.

Really thought he was going to Philly tho with the Morey connection
The players they gave up are infinitely better than those they gave up for Pierce and Garnett, along with picks.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if kyrie and harden can put their egos aside and co-exist, i don't see how the nets don't make the finals

but that's a massive IF. this could all go to shit right away

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Lebron going to win his 5th ring beating this horribly built nets team. Hes going to be clear GOAT sadly after this year.

The nets team was better and more equipped to win with their great depth and bench prior to this deal. Harden is going to shoot bricks come playoffs, kyrie will be cancerous and KD will lose touches despite being the only guy who can outplay lebron any given game.

Lavert/Prince/Allen/ along with Harris, Jordan and Dinwiddie was a great 5 man supporting piece for KD + Kyrie.

Now they have barely any shot creators and makers left outside of their big 3 with 1 guy who is a known playoff no show, 1 who really seems to not be their mentally sometimes and KD who should have full offense run through him with skilled finishing pieces

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
While the haul is basically what they gave up in the Boston deal, at least they are getting an in his prime player. Not a bunch of old dudes who are clearly past their prime.

Really thought he was going to Philly tho with the Morey connection
Can you blame Morey?

That's a ****ing **** ton to give up for one guy.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Going to be one weird ass locker room with him, kyrie and Twitter kd.
Either going to work real well or blow up spectacularly.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'd be really pumped to be a Rockets fan right now. Brooklyn needs to make the finals absolute worst case scenario for this to look good at all. Cleveland fares pretty well here too, and I never really got the Oladipo hype even though he's a good player. Interesting trade but most of all I'm happy for the Rockets.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Too many ball dominant players on the Nets now. If they all buy in that’s an insane trio. Don’t know if I see it happening though.
Durant, Westbrook, and Harden failed to win a championship, and that was with a prime Ibaka.

Sep 19, 2008
I really dislike Harden as a player, I find him insufferable to watch, and he’s been making me dislike him as a person the last few months now with some of his actions.

I think for this to work everybody needs to buy in and everybody needs to realize KD is the guy.
harden would never be second fiddle or take a complementary role

he must be the man

this is w hy this will fail.

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

he must be the man

He isn't an impactful player if possessions don't run through him, yet isn't good enough to lead his team to a championship.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

he must be the man

Harden was the 3rd option in OKC for his first 3 seasons in the league and would have continued to do so in OKC if they ponied up the money for him, so it's not like he's never had to play second fiddle at anytime in his career.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
It's a sexy trio, talent-wise, on paper. Their depth is gutted though. They have Harris, DeAndre, Shamet, Jeff Green, Luwawu-Cabarrot as their supporting cast/bench. Lost Jarrett Allen's rim protection, LeVert's shot creating, Prince's supporting scoring.

And their team is based around 2 headcases, and 1 (albeit, a superstar) guy in his first season back from a very serious injury. The tougher thing for them I think will be durability during the season. They'd be scary in the playoffs, when depth is less of an issue, but there are 60+ more games to go through to get there, and if they lose any of these 3 for a significant amount of time it'll hurt them badly.

Sep 19, 2008
Might not even make it to the first practice before these massive egos start clashing.
Don't worry. They'll handle it themselves, they're the coaches of the team. (As opposed to Steve Nash who was hired to do the job) :rolleyes:

What an embarrassment

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Harden was the 3rd option in OKC for his first 3 seasons in the league and would have continued to do so in OKC if they ponied up the money for him, so it's not like he's never had to play second fiddle at anytime in his career.

I’m sure every stat imaginable points to the opposite, but I honestly think that his time in OKC was when Harden played his most effective basketball.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad