Trade: Harden to BKN, 4 1sts, 4 swaps, Oladipo, Exum, Kurucs to HOU, Allen, Prince to CLE, LeVert to IND

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
If the Nets find a way to terminate Kyries contract this could work. Otherwise these 3 together is pretty volatile.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Not sure how great of a fit Harden will be, but this is a great trade for Brooklyn. Gives up a couple of spare pieces to get a star, even if there are questions about the fit. Indiana does well to swap a pending UFA (who didn't appear to want to re-sign) for 3 more seasons of Levert. Houston did what they could, I guess.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Not sure how great of a fit Harden will be, but this is a great trade for Brooklyn. Gives up a couple of spare pieces to get a star, even if there are questions about the fit. Indiana does well to swap a pending UFA (who didn't appear to want to re-sign) for 3 more seasons of Levert. Houston did what they could, I guess.

I mean sure if you’re playing 2K.....

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

The other way to look at it, is that the Nets love to help other franchises rebuild. They just finished their rebuild of the Celtics not that long ago, now time to do the same for the Rockets.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Seems like a bizarre fit and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how things go on and off the court.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
The other way to look at it, is that the Nets love to help other franchises rebuild. They just finished their rebuild of the Celtics not that long ago, now time to do the same for the Rockets.

It would be true if the Rockets didn't owe OKC a bunch of 1sts/pick swaps over the same time period. OKC is going to reap the rewards for this Harden trade.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Harden, Durant, and Irving (when his "personal leave of absence" is up) all on one team.

This is either going to go better than I think, or the Nets are about to enter another phase of helping another team out by giving away unprotected 1st round picks.

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I mean sure if you’re playing 2K.....

I don't how Harden will fit in Brooklyn, but I don't know how he's not a massive upgrade over Levert, so Brooklyn probably isn't worse off. It's just questionable if this will put them over in the East. To me, it's a trade worth making.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Too many ball dominant players on the Nets now. If they all buy in that’s an insane trio. Don’t know if I see it happening though.

Reactions: John Price

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
While the haul is basically what they gave up in the Boston deal, at least they are getting an in his prime player. Not a bunch of old dudes who are clearly past their prime.

Really thought he was going to Philly tho with the Morey connection

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad