Trade: Harden to BKN, 4 1sts, 4 swaps, Oladipo, Exum, Kurucs to HOU, Allen, Prince to CLE, LeVert to IND

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I really dislike Harden as a player, I find him insufferable to watch, and he’s been making me dislike him as a person the last few months now with some of his actions.

I think for this to work everybody needs to buy in and everybody needs to realize KD is the guy.

Yeah, Harden can say all he wants that he just wants to win a title, but I think he means that he wants to win a title while being the #1 guy and scoring 30+ per game. I'll believe it when I see it that he's ready to do what it takes and stop being a chucker in the playoffs.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
And their team is based around 2 headcases, and 1 (albeit, a superstar) guy in his first season back from a very serious injury. The tougher thing for them I think will be durability during the season. They'd be scary in the playoffs, when depth is less of an issue, but there are 60+ more games to go through to get there, and if they lose any of these 3 for a significant amount of time it'll hurt them badly.
2 headcases? More like 3 headcases.

Only a headcase would create fake burner accounts on social media in order to defend himself and detract from his critics.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Yeah, Harden can say all he wants that he just wants to win a title, but I think he means that he wants to win a title while being the #1 guy and scoring 30+ per game. I'll believe it when I see it that he's ready to do what it takes and stop being a chucker in the playoffs.
To borrow an analogy from White Men Can't Jump:

"James Harden would rather look good and lose, than look bad and win".

That was the difference between Billy Hoyle and Sidney Deane.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
2 headcases? More like 3 headcases.

Only a headcase would create fake burner accounts on social media in order to defend himself and detract from his critics.

That's fair. I excluded Durant from the 3 initially because he at least seems laser-focused on basketball and isn't skipping practices/games.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Losing Jarrett Allen is the worst part of this deal. I question the need for this, unless there's something about Kyrie coming down the pipeline we may not know about.

On its face though, they gave up wayyy too much. I can't believe all those picks are unprotected. They didn't learn the first time?

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
After Harden's recent comments about the team "not being good enough", someone on the Rockets (perhaps Boogie Cousins?) should have approached him from behind. Then put him in a sleeper-hold.

Once Harden was out for the count, the rest of the team could have taken turns shaving Harden's beard off.

It could have been done Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake from WWF style.

Reactions: Del Preston

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
James Harden ate his way out of Houston.
Now that he’s in Brooklyn with KD, he will try harder then ever plus get into game shape.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
After Harden's recent comments about the team "not being good enough", someone on the Rockets (perhaps Boogie Cousins?) should have approached him from behind. Then put him in a sleeper-hold.

Once Harden was out for the count, the rest of the team could have taken turns shaving Harden's beard off.

It could have been done Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake from WWF style.

Boogie had some pretty pointed words today, prior to the trade.

Reactions: Power Man

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
To be honest, Brooklyn was definitely not a contender in the East before the trade, and now they're maybe a contender, TBD. So I think this trade was well worth it. Gotta maximize the window that they have now.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
If the Nets get a title out of this it will be proof of concept that you do not need a brain to build a championship team in the NBA

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
NBA blockbusters are always wild.

That’s a ton of future picks but I think it’ll be worth it if they win it all. A lot of jokes about there being only one ball but I’d be a lot more concerned about their defense than offense. The Nets already had a terrible defensive team and now they traded their best defensive player (Allen) and added Harden. They might’ve felt they had to do something with the weird Kyrie stuff and at least now they’re guaranteed to have two stars. Who knows how it turns out with the personalities involved but it should be entertaining to watch.

Not bad for the Rockets considering Harden put them in a terrible spot. I would’ve much preferred the Sixers deal and getting a sure thing like Simmons. They also should’ve gotten Allen instead of the Bucks pick from the Cavs. They have Wood and Cousins but they probably could’ve flipped Allen elsewhere for more. Still, Oladipo and controlling the Nets picks for 7 years isn’t bad right now and could be great in the future.

Good job by the Pacers jumping in and getting a signed Levert for an expiring Oladipo, who didn’t want to be there anyways.

Great job by the Cavs. Stole Allen for a late Bucks pick and for taking on Prince’s contract.

So when do we hear about Ben Simmons’ trade demand because Morey tried to move him in this deal?

Reactions: dahrougem2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad