GDT: Hard Times: Your New Jersey Devils @ Washington Capitals, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kink is much better than Cory, but I don't even know if he's average
Pretty much this.

Quoted and liked for truth.

I think he's average, but is he average if he plays 50-60 games a year? Maybe not....

Reactions: Jets012

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If they can hold this to losing 4-2, I think that is actually a fantastic result for them. 2 goals is a lot for them.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Nico is having a good two-way game. This was a totally winnable game. The 5 minute flaccid PP and the 4+2 PK just killed this team.

So bummed for Brett too who was really skating well.

Reactions: VaxjoDevil

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Totally agreed. We're not a top team by any measure but no way in hell are we this ****ing bad.

I refuse to believe this is solely on the players. Do they deserve some blame? Absolutely. They've dogged it on too many occasions. The lack of structure is disturbing and reflects poorly on the coaching staff who refuse to make adjustments

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So will Shero say ''Oh, this team plays for Hynesy!'' since we're spending some O-zone time and scored another goal? I'd write it off to ''Caps are turtling, took their foot off the gas''.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Kink is definitely an average starter. He's not a backup. He's had a bad game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm guessing all of you "Give up on the season" types haven't looked at the standings recently. The Metro is a mess. We're still very much alive no matter how this game goes.

It's just not going to remain this way for all 82 games. What's the lowest realistic point total you think makes the playoffs, 89? Points are only going to be harder to get later in the season.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Jim Korn was a great trade by Lou, from Buff

He helped us get into the playoffs in 88

Tough but good hands around the net

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
This is easily Kinkaid's worst game of the season. Between this or the Nashville game, as far as the quality of goals allowed, not necessarily quantity.

Do I think Cory is better though? Hell no. I think he's shot to ****, and I think Kinkaid is just a backup. He's done an admirable job, but do I want him as a 3 year starter? No way.

I still think Hynes is really not doing right with the goalie situation and (IMHO) its negatively affected the team. As bad as Cory was for some of those games, Hynes basically hasn't given Cory (the supposed legit team starter) any sequential games to get himself going after injury. He got thrown in randomally. So he's either the starter, or not. Not good for team morale, and team expectations. Trade him away or buy him out if the organization thinks not highly of him, don't let the coach treat him like a scrub when he has been the team legit starter seasons prior

A bunch of Cory's games were crap, but there was one or two games in the losses that he played reasonably well, particularly one where he shut down the other team and NJ lost only by 1 goal or it was a one goal deficit until the doors were blown off by a massive 3rd period collapse.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's just not going to remain this way for all 82 games. What's the lowest realistic point total you think makes the playoffs, 89? Points are only going to be harder to get later in the season.

Fire Hynes now and see if it wakes them up at least.

It definitely won’t change if we sit on our hands and do nothing.

Reactions: Blender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad