Hard not to like the Leafs this year, no?

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Something I noticed about Scott after the fight with McLaren, Scott has sections of his jersey set to tear up in fights so he has room to move.

I thought there was a very specific rule on this?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Way too small of a sample size to be making any conclusions about how good a team they are.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
You all in the States can like em but try living in Hamilton!!

We are an hour south of Toronto and everytime I turn on the TV or Radio I get to hear about the future hall of famer Kadri, the saviour Gardiner and about how Carlyle is clearly the best NHL coach since Bowman.

Er, yeah, no. It's the complete opposite. This team gets bashed by the media all the time. If anything, the team's defensive woes are talked about more than all of those things you mentioned combined. This team has sucked for the last 8 years, the media isn't suddenly going to start praising them.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
They are the toughest team in the NHL now (outhitting Boston 1015 to 745 --outfighting us at least 2-1 and I wouldn't bet on us in a bench-brawl) and they play the game the right way --when you see how they dealt with Kaleta tonight it brings a tear to the eye. :nod: Great stuff --Kaleta tries to hide behind Scott when the big boys want him (like always) so they do the ol end-around and have MacLaren fight Scott (so that he and the linesmen are occupied) and Orr is free to green-light the dirtbag. If he gets Kaleta's visor off right away and Kaleta eats one of those punches then he would have missed a lot more games than Richards did. Anyway, here it is:

Maybe bad timing for this thread with our game against them this Saturday, but when we are not playing them I find them to be a team I really enjoy watching this year. Anybody else in this boat?

You think they will duck Kassian like the Bruins did all night? :laugh:

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007
Every northeast team has toughened up as a result of us. I still take us over leafs in a bench brawl. After orr, mclaren, Fraser they have nobody... Lookin foward to playing them back to back this weekend. Macdermid better be in there.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Every northeast team has toughened up as a result of us. I still take us over leafs in a bench brawl. After orr, mclaren, Fraser they have nobody... Lookin foward to playing them back to back this weekend. Macdermid better be in there.

Yet according to some posters the Bruins duck and chicken out vs all these big bad teams. Now that's a :laugh:

Last edited:

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Has anyone here ever hated them? I like beating them, but I have no hate for Leafs or their fans.

Habs on the other hand...

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
They just ignore the Sabres, leafs and now Sens tough guys...that's all..:sarcasm:

You mean the "goons" that cant play hockey ? Name a "goon" that plays for Boston that is there ONLY to fight. (kash,orr,scott?) thats all they can do.

Differance is the Bruins are tough and can fight when needed. No need to fight the slugs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
They are the toughest team in the NHL now (outhitting Boston 1015 to 745 --outfighting us at least 2-1 and I wouldn't bet on us in a bench-brawl) and they play the game the right way --when you see how they dealt with Kaleta tonight it brings a tear to the eye. :nod: Great stuff --Kaleta tries to hide behind Scott when the big boys want him (like always) so they do the ol end-around and have MacLaren fight Scott (so that he and the linesmen are occupied) and Orr is free to green-light the dirtbag. If he gets Kaleta's visor off right away and Kaleta eats one of those punches then he would have missed a lot more games than Richards did. Anyway, here it is:

Maybe bad timing for this thread with our game against them this Saturday, but when we are not playing them I find them to be a team I really enjoy watching this year. Anybody else in this boat?

If the Bruins do not dress MacDermid vs them they crazy.Put it that way.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You mean the "goons" that cant play hockey ? Name a "goon" that plays for Boston that is there ONLY to fight. (kash,orr,scott?) thats all they can do.

Differance is the Bruins are tough and can fight when needed. No need to fight the slugs.

Orr and Kassian are far better HOCKEY PLAYERS then Jay Pandolfo...it cannot even be argued...

No need to fight the slugs? That's called spot picking. Bruins used to take on all comers...what happened this year? Self preservation for the shortened season>?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
MacDermid already dropped Fraiser.Bruins have to dress him for that advantage in the mind,That leaves Orr and Maclaren to worry about rest the Bruins.Trust me,if Bruins do not dress the kid the Leafs will try some things with Lucic etc.they want them tradeoffs.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Laffs have a come a long way...their top 9 overall right now is pretty far superior to ours...but our D and goaltending is worlds better...

In what way ? Did I read the standings correctly this morning ? I think your being a little hard on our beloved Bruins :)

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

But they play much better when they fight and get physical. I know it's irritating to see the same point being made game after game, but I agree with WBC in a way. I don't mind that they aren't dropping the gloves every game, but I'd like to see it, and I'd like to see them get back to the way they used to be. That's when they're most successful.

Orr and Kassian are far better HOCKEY PLAYERS then Jay Pandolfo...it cannot even be argued...

No need to fight the slugs? That's called spot picking. Bruins used to take on all comers...what happened this year? Self preservation for the shortened season>?

I really believe a lot of it is self preservation. That, and the fact that the third line sucks. If the third line is producing, you can afford to have another guy sit for 5.

As far as overall physical play, the refs have to be playing a part in that. I don't want to sit here and scream about how the refs hate the Bruins, but it's pretty clear they don't get the benefit of the doubt, and that probably stops Lucic from throwing some hits and getting in some guy's faces.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
MacDermid already dropped Fraiser.Bruins have to dress him for that advantage in the mind,That leaves Orr and Maclaren to worry about rest the Bruins.Trust me,if Bruins do not dress the kid the Leafs will try some things with Lucic etc.they want them tradeoffs.

The Leafs 4th line is running around like crazy....they may not take no for an answer..

When Lupul comes back, generally McLaren will sit, so on Monday it won't be a problem.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Leafs are definately trending upward. They're a gritty team and if i HAD to pick ONE thing that I think their new coach has done for them, I'd pick that he made them think of each other as TEAMMATES not just coworkers. These guys swarm like Bee's, and give a great effort. Almost reminds of me the sens too. MacLean and Carlyle have done a good job with what they have. Toronto's awful Defense and Ott's injuries yet you couldn't tell at the moment.

Jesus you look at our division and that's why our division is so much better than everyone expected.

Ottawa got Maclean
Toronto got Carlyle
Montreal got Therrien
Buffalo - Fired the tard.

God Help us if Buffalo finds a coach that turns them around too

Their fanbase can go pound sand however

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Where did he come into this ? I thought we where taking about goon hockey players.

#11 #20 #22 are pretty good players no ? Are you saying you would rather have badass slugs like Kass and Orr over our guys ?

You win a cup with our 4th line, you watch the playoffs from a driving range with the " toughguys " the leafs have

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Where did he come into this ? I thought we where taking about goon hockey players.

#11 #20 #22 are pretty good players no ? Are you saying you would rather have badass slugs like Kass and Orr over our guys ?

You win a cup with our 4th line, you watch the playoffs from a driving range with the " toughguys " the leafs have

No, I'm saying I would rather have Kassian or mcLaren on our team then Pandolfo or MacDermid.

Vs the Laffs, especially with McQuaid out it would be nice to roll a bottom six of

Paille-Spoons-Pervs
Kassian-Soup-Dangles.

That's it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad