Hard not to like the Leafs this year, no?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
They are the toughest team in the NHL now (outhitting Boston 1015 to 745 --outfighting us at least 2-1 and I wouldn't bet on us in a bench-brawl) and they play the game the right way --when you see how they dealt with Kaleta tonight it brings a tear to the eye. :nod: Great stuff --Kaleta tries to hide behind Scott when the big boys want him (like always) so they do the ol end-around and have MacLaren fight Scott (so that he and the linesmen are occupied) and Orr is free to green-light the dirtbag. If he gets Kaleta's visor off right away and Kaleta eats one of those punches then he would have missed a lot more games than Richards did. Anyway, here it is:

Maybe bad timing for this thread with our game against them this Saturday, but when we are not playing them I find them to be a team I really enjoy watching this year. Anybody else in this boat?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Still hard to like them

Take a trip over to the prospects board or the main forum (specifically the polls section) and you will see why. Pretty sure there was a Crosby vs Kadri poll a few weeks ago

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Still hard to like them

Take a trip over to the prospects board or the main forum (specifically the polls section) and you will see why. Pretty sure there was a Crosby vs Kadri poll a few weeks ago

Ya, their fanbase makes it hard to like them. So many fans that the wackjobs are pretty prevalent. If you ignore the fans and focus on the players they are easy to cheer for (against other teams... like Buffalo/Montreal etc).

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Ya, their fanbase makes it hard to like them. So many fans that the wackjobs are pretty prevalent. If you ignore the fans and focus on the players they are easy to cheer for (against other teams... like Buffalo/Montreal etc).

I'd probably agree with you on that. I had no dislike for them at all until I registered here haha.

They have a tough team though this year. I really can't stand Phaneuf though, such a fake tough guy

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
They are the toughest team in the NHL now (outhitting Boston 1015 to 745 --outfighting us at least 2-1 and I wouldn't bet on us in a bench-brawl) and they play the game the right way --when you see how they dealt with Kaleta tonight it brings a tear to the eye. :nod: Great stuff --Kaleta tries to hide behind Scott when the big boys want him (like always) so they do the ol end-around and have MacLaren fight Scott (so that he and the linesmen are occupied) and Orr is free to green-light the dirtbag. If he gets Kaleta's visor off right away and Kaleta eats one of those punches then he would have missed a lot more games than Richards did. Anyway, here it is:

Maybe bad timing for this thread with our game against them this Saturday, but when we are not playing them I find them to be a team I really enjoy watching this year. Anybody else in this boat?

Kaleta GOBBLED that right! :laugh:

Maybe this is what we need.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I'd probably agree with you on that. I had no dislike for them at all until I registered here haha.

They have a tough team though this year. I really can't stand Phaneuf though, such a fake tough guy

Agreed. I still wouldn't want him catching me with my head down though --big boy that knows how to hit hard despite all his other issues.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
That was a bad ass video though I will say

Made me smile a little bit

Kaleta has had a rough last few weeks haha

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Kaleta GOBBLED that right! :laugh:

Maybe this is what we need.

How would we pull it off though? We couldn't. Thornton would have to fight Scott (yikes) and then Kaleta would kill either Pie or Soup in a fight.

We really need McD on our 4th line on a permanent basis and put Paille in for Pan'god'awful. At least Lane has some speed, ability to hit...and we know he has willing fists. What does Pandolfo bring to the table?
--Oh, I forgot the love for the Merlot line --if GC and ST cannot be a functioning 4th line without Paille holding their hand then they need to find new employment.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I've never really hated the Leafs. I think it's a lot easier to hate them when you live it in Canada. Haha. Honestly, it seems like they're mostly irrelevant. The times that they have been on top they havent inspired hate like the habs and sabres.

Hell...I got a kick out of Domi. He was entertaining. Ill always owe him for KOing Ulf with that sweet sucker punch.:nod:

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Still hard to like them

You're probably overexaggerating for effect, but no there wasn't lol.

We have our fair share of crazy fans no doubt, but it doesn't help when trolls from other fanbases constantly **** on us. That's why it's only going to get worse :laugh: There's always going to be that one guy who logs everything into his memory and then as soon as there's any semblance of success, he bumps up every thread known to mankind to make the trolls eat their words.

Honestly though, especially with Kadri, can you really blame us? Almost every expert on HF told us he was going to be a bust and he was probably the most compared prospect over the last 3 years on here (lost count of how many "x vs Kadri" polls and threads there were), and he would always be on the losing end, no matter what.
It's nice to see someone succeed when everyone else was so sure he would amount to nothing.

Anyway, enough of that. I respect your team and that's what I would want the Leafs to become ultimately.

I've always been more of a fan of a dominant puck possession and forechecking team with lots of sandpaper over the finesse teams like Vancouver and Montreal.

Enjoy the back-to-back, hopefully the losing streak to Boston doesn't reach 10 :facepalm: :laugh:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
So when you say "play the game the right way" are you also referring to them squandering 2 goal leads, and going 1-3-3 in their last seven?

Then yes, as a division rival, sure, I like what the Leafs are doing. :laugh:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Interesting that Kaleta took a loooong run at Franson before that (which is what lead to that) but didn't record a single hit the rest of the night after that. hmmmm

Must not have been feeling so safe anymore in the caring arms of Scott.... against Toronto anyway, methinks.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012

Jesus, Kaleta was swallowing Orr's fists. That was beautiful.

Toronto's got a pretty good team this year. Kahdri is really turning out well for then, I wouldn't pull comparisons to Crosby, but he's got some pretty slick moves up his sleeve. Kinda funny, it was almost 4 months ago these fans were begging for people to take him in trades. He seems like one of the key pieces of their offense.

I've never really hated them either, I actually respect their fan base for sticking with them for so long. I just think I have so sort of dislike for them because my father told me to have a dislike for them :laugh:

Anyway, good video. Always like seeing Kaleta's teeth being forced down his throat.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

We have our fair share of crazy fans no doubt, but it doesn't help when trolls from other fanbases constantly **** on us. That's why it's only going to get worse :laugh: There's always going to be that one guy who logs everything into his memory and then as soon as there's any semblance of success, he bumps up every thread known to mankind to make the trolls eat their words.

Honestly though, especially with Kadri, can you really blame us? Almost every expert on HF told us he was going to be a bust and he was probably the most compared prospect over the last 3 years on here (lost count of how many "x vs Kadri" polls and threads there were), and he would always be on the losing end, no matter what.
It's nice to see someone succeed when everyone else was so sure he would amount to nothing.

Anyway, enough of that. I respect your team and that's what I would want the Leafs to become ultimately.

I've always been more of a fan of a dominant puck possession and forechecking team with lots of sandpaper over the finesse teams like Vancouver and Montreal.

Enjoy the back-to-back, hopefully the losing streak to Boston doesn't reach 10 :facepalm: :laugh:

It was Kadri vs something insane

All you need to do is search Kadri poll and just laugh

Kadri vs Duchene, Eberle, Ryan, etc.

Some Leaf fans seem cool and level headed like yourself, but there are so many that I just cannot stand haha. I also think Brian Burke is probably the most annoying human in the world. Once he left, it was already a little easier to like you guys, but still.

The amount of Franson and Hamilton comparrisons I've seen in the old Hamilton thread is enough to permanently make me dislike the Leafs haha

CJ17

Oct 15, 2005
MA

I watched a game earlier this season on HNIC vs Montreal and they dominated physically. I loved them that night. They looked like world beaters. I doubted they could keep that up and they haven't. But they are much better than they have been in recent years,

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
You all in the States can like em but try living in Hamilton!!

We are an hour south of Toronto and everytime I turn on the TV or Radio I get to hear about the future hall of famer Kadri, the saviour Gardiner and about how Carlyle is clearly the best NHL coach since Bowman.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I never disliked them really. I like how they're playing this year with guys like

Orr
Mclaren
Frazer

I have been a fan of Grabovski and Nikolai Kulemin for awhile

JVR and Kostka have also both grown on me

For awhile I hated Orr because Leafs fans would always bring him up in regards to Lucic. After seeing him take down Scott hard to hate him. Also when he took on like 3 Canadiens themselves........

Only teams I "Hate" are Habs and Nucks and to some extent Sabres

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
You all in the States can like em but try living in Hamilton!!

We are an hour south of Toronto and everytime I turn on the TV or Radio I get to hear about the future hall of famer Kadri, the saviour Gardiner and about how Carlyle is clearly the best NHL coach since Bowman.

My condolences. I can't even imagine if they had Seguin and Hamiliton how much those guys would be revered there. Hype to an absurd degree seeing as how the are both from the G.T.A.

Kadri is solid and he's going to eventually fit in nicely in the NHL as a solid second line center who can jump to the first line when needed. I think the hype around him has to do with a few things, Leafs fans talking him up and reactionary rival fan bases sick of hearing it and trolling his name about for laughter purposes.

The truth of the matter is I see him as a consistent PPG producing center usually putting up between 19-25 goals a season. To Leafs fans he will be thought of and worth more than he actually is, and this won't ever change. Being from Ontario and not far from Toronto will do that.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario

You, Lou and I think along the same line. Kind of nice to be linked that way with two big boys here.:)

Here's what I love about the Leafs this year.

Orr and McLaren have not hurt this team when they are on the ice and that is a very good start for them. If they hurt the team they don't see the ice time they do. It goes to show they are more then just tough guys.

They have made other guys bigger on the team because they are riding along side the two toughest guys in the NHL.

But I will say Colt I do disagree on how the Bruins would of handled it.

Eg. Look at what Chara did in the Montreal game. The one thing Boston does better then anyone else I feel is react to a situation on the spot. They don't need to do the planned fight thing. It would of been handled right away, and I think you will agree with me, guys like Lucic, McQuaid, Horton and Chara all fight better right away then having to wait for it.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I agree with you. Example this year with Seguin and last year when Torres head shotted Ference......McQuaid went straight in.........

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
you know the reaction of Kipper and Mac is EXACTLY why I want Kaleta on this team. People ****ing HATE him and if you can get people to hate you THAT MUCH you are doing SOMETHING right. It's the same reason I loved Avery, Barnaby and currently LOVE Komarov

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
We should like each other, everyone hates the two of us anyways(lol).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Tougher for sure, not taking any BS from anyone, they were barely a touch tougher than the Habs last year and Carlyle has them playing team tough which is great however, IF they hang onto a playoff spot, you won`t convince me they`ll maintain half that toughness as guys like Orr won`t even see the ice for if they do....they`ll be out in 4

Not convinced we won`t see a full on tank coming down the stretch either

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
Not enough bad things can happen to Kaleta. Easily one of the biggest punks in the league.
I wouldn't want him on the Bruins or on any team I even kind of like. Absolutely gutless.
Great to see Orr tune him up like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad