Happy New Year

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
We are very close to Blue Hill. Ellsworth, technically West Ellsworth on Upper Patten Pond.

It took us several years to find land we loved, most if what is for sale there is on Graham Lake, which means your lakefront property is 100 ft through the mud in summer .

We got about 2 acres, 280ft of waterfront, and its great since there is no public access to the pond (pond is 338 acres, about .5 mile wide, 2 miles long. ) On the end of a cul-de-sac, when we are there there will be 9 people on the road year round. Eagles, Loons And the bass fishing is fantastic. Cant' wait

Oh and if you are in the area be sure to visit Josies Cafe. Looks like a 7-11 inside, until you get to the dining part. Food is fantastic.

In a few years you can stop by for a visit !

Wow what an awesome location. Easy into Ellsworth but you can explore blue hill peninsula , MDI, and deer isle forever really. Down East and mid cost not far away either

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I want to wish each and every one of you the safest and happiest of a New Year.

Please be safe celebrating tonight. I want to see everyone back tomorrow with a hangover but ready for a great year.
Same to you Dom and everyone on here! This is a daily place for me to visit with mostly like-minded Bruins fans so thanks for the year of chin wagging! New year's was mellow and today's Birthday plans are the same which I'm grateful for! Bring on 23 and more of this Wagon!!

Reactions: BMC

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Wow what an awesome location. Easy into Ellsworth but you can explore blue hill peninsula , MDI, and deer isle forever really. Down East and mid cost not far away either
After visiting several times, we decided we had to be east of 95 and decided on Ellsworth area.

We couldn't find anything on the big lakes (Branch, Phillips, Green) and when this one came up we had stayed on the same pond before. We actually peeked through the windows of the house 2 doors away when it was for sale so we knew the area well. One of my requirements was smallmouth bass, and according to Maine (outdated) website, this pond has no smallmouth bass. I found that not to be true after fishing it for about 5 minutes.

This pond is perfect for us as kayakers and paddleboard, since no public boat launch or access. Our neighbor says one person has a motor boat, they are a summer resident who comes twice a year, boats end to end and then goes home.

After looking for so long we were afraid someone else would get it so be bought it sight unseen. Went up a month later and loved it right away. Was very lucky that the listing agent had used a wrong comp, and it was listed very high....our realtor said that's not right, let's offer way less. Ended up getting it for $41K less than listing.

Meant to be

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
We are very close to Blue Hill. Ellsworth, technically West Ellsworth on Upper Patten Pond.

It took us several years to find land we loved, most if what is for sale there is on Graham Lake, which means your lakefront property is 100 ft through the mud in summer .

We got about 2 acres, 280ft of waterfront, and its great since there is no public access to the pond (pond is 338 acres, about .5 mile wide, 2 miles long. ) On the end of a cul-de-sac, when we are there there will be 9 people on the road year round. Eagles, Loons And the bass fishing is fantastic. Cant' wait

Oh and if you are in the area be sure to visit Josies Cafe. Looks like a 7-11 inside, until you get to the dining part. Food is fantastic.

In a few years you can stop by for a visit !
Great corner of the world up there - family's got a place in Brooksville we've been going to for generations of summers

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1672672288584.jpeg

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Amen to that. Fortunately I never did the New Year’s Eve out thing, always thought it was amateur hour.

Not to say I didn’t wait in line in horrible clothing choices on freezing nights for terrible bars in my day, just not on NYE.
My best NYE I was outside a pub in Dunoon Scotland BAREFOOT for the countdown....I don't remember WHY I was barefoot.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad