OT - NO POLITICS Happy New Year, Days Getting Longer, Warmer Weather, Kenan, Oh Boy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2022-1-30_0-37-24.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We ended up with a little over a foot.

In a little while I will get my warm clothes on and shovel the front of the garage (about 8 feet) where he plow doesn't seem to be able to get.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Spent 5 hours last Thursday cleaning a church. 5 hours later the pastor texts me saying he and all his family have Covid.
:facepalm:

Spent Friday dreading I might now have it.
Felt funny Saturday but thought I was just psyching myself out.

I wasn't. Sunday and I have quarantined myself in a room away from the family.
Got plenty of books and movies.

I'm fluish. Not a bad temperature. No breathing issues.
Thankful for that.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Spent 5 hours last Thursday cleaning a church. 5 hours later the pastor texts me saying he and all his family have Covid.

Thankful for that.
Take care of yourself and I hope all will be well

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Just finished snowblowing and cleaning up outside... it (like you boys and gals said) is pretty much powder... shoveled the deck and used the push broom to make it look neat and nice.. we probably got (in Hooksett) 10 inches I'd say, hard to judge with the drifts

Reactions: BMC and Gee Wally

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Thankful for that.

Take care. Hopefully it passes quickly.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Thankful for that.
Take care! May your symptoms be mild.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I got lucky and the plow guy not only moved the snow fro in front of my car but also jump started my car and then cleaned out my parking space for not only me but the guy who lent me his jumper cables.

The snow was up to my thighs and I am 5'1"

Subaru is getting an angry phone call from me because this is the 2nd time in 2 weeks that even after running it and driving it daily that the battery died and it is only a year old.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My neighbor lent me her portable battery jumper. Anyone here know of a good one that won't cost me an arm and a leg? I just need it to be portable and jump the car. I don't need it to actually charge the battery as the car will do that on its own. Thanks!

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I got lucky and the plow guy not only moved the snow fro in front of my car but also jump started my car and then cleaned out my parking space for not only me but the guy who lent me his jumper cables.

The snow was up to my thighs and I am 5'1"

Subaru is getting an angry phone call from me because this is the 2nd time in 2 weeks that even after running it and driving it daily that the battery died and it is only a year old.

Be sure nothing is happening like a dome light being left on all the time

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
We lost Howard Hesseman today.

Dr Johnny Fever is a legend. WKRP in Cincinnati never gets it’s due for how good a comedy is. I laugh uncontrollably every time I see the turkey drop episode. Dr Johnny Fever signing off. Be cool my babies.

The bomb scare episode does it for me. Johnny going off about the phone cops ("They know what I did here today!") has me rolling on the floor.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In the first episode, Dr. Johnny Fever announces the station’s changeover from elevator music to rock ‘n roll with a record scratch and a proclamation.

“All right Cincinnati, it’s time for this town to get down! You got Johnny, Dr. Johnny Fever, and I am burning up in here. We’re all in critical condition, babies, but you can tell me where it hurts because I got the healing prescription here from the big KRP musical medicine cabinet. Now, I am talking about your 50,000-watt intensive care unit, babies!”

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
In the first episode, Dr. Johnny Fever announces the station’s changeover from elevator music to rock ‘n roll with a record scratch and a proclamation.

“All right Cincinnati, it’s time for this town to get down! You got Johnny, Dr. Johnny Fever, and I am burning up in here. We’re all in critical condition, babies, but you can tell me where it hurts because I got the healing prescription here from the big KRP musical medicine cabinet. Now, I am talking about your 50,000-watt intensive care unit, babies!”

.....BOOGER......

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I have more little petunia sprouts and I thinned my tomato plants now that they have their scalloped leaves forming.

Thinning means I pulled the plants that were really small so that they wouldn’t leech the nutrients from the stronger one.

My lettuce has started to sprout the very inner part of a head of lettuce. If this was to ever get damaged then the plant stops growing.

All in all so far so good and I am just waiting for my Gazania’s to sprout which should be later this week hopefully.

For all our gardeners, got any soil recommendations for potted plants?

I’m hoping to transplant the basil and flowers into pots and the soil I did buy I need to return as the reviews online said there are mold spores in it.

Thanks!

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
We lost Howard Hesseman today.

Dr Johnny Fever is a legend. WKRP in Cincinnati never gets it’s due for how good a comedy is. I laugh uncontrollably every time I see the turkey drop episode. Dr Johnny Fever signing off. Be cool my babies.

"Ladies and gentleman, it's time for more rock and less Nessman."

Great cameo in Spinal Tap as well:

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Waiting on Subaru to come jump my car to take it to the dealership.

I suspect it may be my auto start draining the battery or my alternator is defective because my car is 2 years old :(

So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad