OT - NO POLITICS Happy New Year, Days Getting Longer, Warmer Weather, Kenan, Oh Boy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
:brrr:It 18 degrees at my house this morning. The other day it was 45. New England weather: If you don’t like it wait awhile it will change!

Reactions: LSCII

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Booster scheduled for today. Sucks that I'm not further past this stupid cold, but it is what it is. The f***ing thing has been hanging around for nearly 3 weeks now.
Good Luck. I hope you feel better soon !

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Getting mine tomorrow and I'm supposed to fly Friday. Could be a real treat.

I don’t know what to expect. The first two I had no issues with at all. My wife really struggled with her second dose, but I was fine. I’ve heard from a bunch of friends that they did react poorly after the booster despite not having done so for their previous shots. Could get ugly. Could be fine. Lol

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Once again , thank you for all the well wishes re Mrs. Odaat, was a long day yesterday but from all accounts, the surgery went well. Mrs Odaat was unsurprisingly much braver than I. The surgeon says she removed the mass under her breast, they are keeping her in an isolation room at the hospital for one more day to allow her to heal and get a bit more rest before returning home

My mother in law is here with us now which is wonderful as I`m one of the fortunate one`s whose In-Law`s are amazing people and she`ll be here at least for a few weeks to help me with some cooking and essentially being here for her daughter. It felt like the surgery took a dozen hours but all told, about 3.5. Mrs Odaat weak yesterday but that is normal. I`ve taken the day off and we`ll go be with her for a bit today but due to a recent outbreak of Covid at the hospital we are not going to be permitted to stay more than 15 minutes each although her room is in a different part of the hospital, just grateful they are allowing us in at all, not sure that would be the case if not fully vaccinated/boostered and an employee of the Health System myself?

Again, thank you so much everyone for the much appreciated words of kindness and support

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Once again , thank you for all the well wishes re Mrs. Odaat, was a long day yesterday but from all accounts, the surgery went well. Mrs Odaat was unsurprisingly much braver than I. The surgeon says she removed the mass under her breast, they are keeping her in an isolation room at the hospital for one more day to allow her to heal and get a bit more rest before returning home

My mother in law is here with us now which is wonderful as I`m one of the fortunate one`s whose In-Law`s are amazing people and she`ll be here at least for a few weeks to help me with some cooking and essentially being here for her daughter. It felt like the surgery took a dozen hours but all told, about 3.5. Mrs Odaat weak yesterday but that is normal. I`ve taken the day off and we`ll go be with her for a bit today but due to a recent outbreak of Covid at the hospital we are not going to be permitted to stay more than 15 minutes each although her room is in a different part of the hospital, just grateful they are allowing us in at all, not sure that would be the case if not fully vaccinated/boostered and an employee of the Health System myself?

Again, thank you so much everyone for the much appreciated words of kindness and support
Andrew, I am happy the surgery went well.

I will say I am not surprised you get along well with your mother-in-law. Many times, it is a two-way street in getting along with others, and you seem like a good guy.

Take care of yourself too

Wishing the best for the Mrs.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I'm so glad it went well, remember we're here for you & Mrs ODAAT :)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

We’ll be thinking of you and your wife.
Please keep us posted.
I certainly know what you are going through. Reach out anytime if you’d like.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I don’t know what to expect. The first two I had no issues with at all. My wife really struggled with her second dose, but I was fine. I’ve heard from a bunch of friends that they did react poorly after the booster despite not having done so for their previous shots. Could get ugly. Could be fine. Lol

I got my booster two weeks ago and I was one of those people who basically had zero reaction to the first two Modern shots besides a sore arm. With the booster, I was pretty fatigued between 24 and 48 hours after getting it, and had a sore arm, but was otherwise fine (no temperature). Basically felt like I was back in college and had just pulled an all-nighter.

I think one of the keys to not having a reaction the first two times was that, besides just drinking a ton of water after getting it, I took the next day off from work, which I didn't do this time. I also happened to get my flu shot at the same time, so no idea if that might have played a part.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I got my booster two weeks ago and I was one of those people who basically had zero reaction to the first two Modern shots besides a sore arm. With the booster, I was pretty fatigued between 24 and 48 hours after getting it, and had a sore arm, but was otherwise fine (no temperature). Basically felt like I was back in college and had just pulled an all-nighter.

I think one of the keys to not having a reaction the first two times was that, besides just drinking a ton of water after getting it, I took the next day off from work, which I didn't do this time. I also happened to get my flu shot at the same time, so no idea if that might have played a part.

I drink an ungodly amount of water every day and that’s why I don’t think I reacted to it the first time. At least I hope so…lol

Reactions: Ladyfan

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
keep us posted. ill know what im in for.
might try and get my booster in a couple weeks. no issues with first 2 shots.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Read this tweet thread. What a nightmare. Those poor people :(

I was stuck in a 2+ hour traffic stoppage on I-81 in Virginia a few years in 90+ degree heat. We had to turn off the car at one point because we were worried about running out of gas. I made up a rule right then that I'd never my gas get below half-full on a long trip again.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

"Oh I got Moderna for my 1st and 2nd and then a Pfizer booster and I felt fine for a day and yadda yadda yadda"

It's all a mess. I gave up trying to figure it out. I decided either I'd be totally fine, or I might feel a little crappy for a day.

Either way you're doing your part in keeping yourself, your family, and others safe. I guess that's all there is to say for sure

Reactions: Ladyfan

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Same - I had no reaction to either, but several I know who were the same were absolutely clobbered by the booster.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
"Oh I got Moderna for my 1st and 2nd and then a Pfizer booster and I felt fine for a day and yadda yadda yadda"

It's all a mess. I gave up trying to figure it out. I decided either I'd be totally fine, or I might feel a little crappy for a day.

Either way you're doing your part in keeping yourself, your family, and others safe. I guess that's all there is to say for sure

Everyone reacts differently.
Booster gave the Bride a headache.
Me? Sore arm. Nothing else.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Drinking lots of water worked for me too

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The kids are getting their 1st shots tonight. They were bribed with the promise of IHOP for dinner lol
I haven't eaten at IHOP in years. They closed the one in our town a while back and I don't even know where the closest one is.

Their butter pecan syrup is the best.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I haven't eaten at IHOP in years. They closed the one in our town a while back and I don't even know where the closest one is.

Their butter pecan syrup is the best.

We've taken the kids there a few times and they were blown away lol simple thrills. It's the syrup for them. Sugar sugar sugar sugar!

I remember getting it (and Bickfords!) in college all the time. It was the perfect, cheap midnight meal. Way more expensive now, same with Friendly's. Not the best breakfast, but it's fine.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
We've taken the kids there a few times and they were blown away lol simple thrills. It's the syrup for them. Sugar sugar sugar sugar!

I remember getting it (and Bickfords!) in college all the time. It was the perfect, cheap midnight meal. Way more expensive now, same with Friendly's. Not the best breakfast, but it's fine.
Bickfords was the best.

I got these while in OK and they are great. You can buy them at Target and online as well

a21a5ae9-1502-430d-90c3-8b53adc5234f.353e98d16f9e2953338f66f60b1e3e2c.jpeg

Reactions: TD Charlie

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
People already having issues with our new Blue Cross plan and customer service. Plus their website is pretty squirrelly. I expected better from a major carrier.

It's already been a week and it's only my second day back after two weeks of vacation. I want to go home, build a blanket fort, crawl in and eat snacks the rest of the day. :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
People already having issues with our new Blue Cross plan and customer service. Plus their website is pretty squirrelly. I expected better from a major carrier.

It's already been a week and it's only my second day back after two weeks of vacation. I want to go home, build a blanket fort, crawl in and eat snacks the rest of the day. :laugh:
I hope it gets better soon for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad