OT - NO POLITICS Happy New Year, Days Getting Longer, Warmer Weather, Kenan, Oh Boy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Went out at 9:30am to shovel, by then it was up to my knees (I'm 5'6"). Cleared off everyone's stairs and my truck, then cleaned out in front of the basement doors of the 2 buildings. Glad I did because now I won't have as much to shovel later on. Thankfully it is light & fluffy. And btw got caught in a whiteout & was completely disoriented. I don't recommend it.

Reactions: eightspokedb

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
20220129_170731.jpg

20220129_170524.jpg

20220129_170513.jpg

It's still coming down. The winds are insane. We've shoveled 4 times and it j7st keeps coming. Dad might wait until tomorrow to use the snowblower. It's a lot.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I have 10.5" on my doorstep. We definitely have 24" here. The wind has calmed down as well which is good.

I'm not looking forward to digging out my car tomorrow

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
National Weather Service confirms Worcester officially a blizzard.

woohoo!

Im pretty tired. Driveway not too bad if not for drift up to my waist
Thankfully its powder. But man is it friggen cold.
Thinking one more time tonight back deck and front stairs/walkway.

Tackledriveway again in morning.

The town gave up trying to get up here with dump truck.
Sent a big ass front end loader.That thing leaves huge snowbank.

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Haven’t seen a plow in about 7 hours. Our street looks crazy

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
National Weather Service confirms Worcester officially a blizzard.

woohoo!

Im pretty tired. Driveway not too bad if not for drift up to my waste.
Thankfully its powder. But man is it friggen cold.
Thinking one more time tonight back deck and front stairs/walkway.

Tackledriveway again in morning.

The town gave up trying to get up here with dump truck.
Sent a big ass front end loader.That thing leaves huge snowbank.

We are around 3 1/2 inches and windy and yes Wally it is Friggin cold here too I saw the high today around 20 and currently it is only 10 degrees. I only went outside to get the mail and empty the recycle barrel and am not doing the driveway until tomorrow morning when the wind should be died down, I hope anyways. My snowblower starts right off but with it being cold it takes three different times for it to stay running. I don't plug it in because we keep the car in the garage. So, tomorrow morning driveway and back deck and stairs and the upper deck we don't clear but not looking forward to the clean-up.

Reactions: Gee Wally

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
so i tried the snowblower. i usually shovel. probably about 10 inches here.
i swear im more tired after using the snowblower than shovelling.
took me like 10 effin minutes to start the thing. Then pushing it up and around the driveway.
is it really easier???
last storm. for sure. because that stuff was heavy. but this storm i shouldve just shovelled

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I shoveled a small path through the foot of snow so I could feed the birds and squirrels. Other than that, I haven't left the house.

The guy who plows my driveway has been once but there is another 6 inches now.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I found the snow drift. Hopefully they will have it knocked down and moved by morning.

full

I can handle what is between the cars

full

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bride ever since she was a child had Friendlys Jubilee Roll ice cream for the Holidays.
Silly but it broke my heart when I went looking for one but they no longer make them.

WILBRAHAM, Mass. (WWLP) – Friendly’s will no longer be producing their ice cream rolls due to a decline in consumer demand.

In a statement sent to 22News from Friendly’s, the company has decided to “exit the ice cream roll business.” The Friendly’s Jubilee Roll is a New England holiday tradition. The ice cream rolls are usually sold in Friendly’s restaurants and grocery stores during the end of the year. The announcement includes all of their ice cream rolls.

“This may be disappointing news to some of our ice cream fans, but we at Friendly’s are excited to focus on optimizing our broad portfolio of ice cream cartons, novelties, and cakes to best meet the needs of our customers for every occasion or celebration big or small,” said Kim O’Brien, Media Relations for Friendly’s.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
10:46pm. Dad has been out there for 2 1/2 hours now. My sister and I have taken a break from shoveling. He is now in full snow blower mode.

I dont know another man as strong or determined as my dad. He will be 82 in February. And he lives for this. He used to plow Admirals Hill back in the day as a side gig while he was a Sgt.

20220129_224207.jpg

20220129_224226.jpg

20220129_224231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad