OT: Happy National Paper Airplane Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I've been playing Unreal tournament 2004, Team Fortress 2, and League Of Legends for the last decade+. The first two games are the best games I've ever played.

TF2 is awesome, but I mostly stopped playing when they kept adding more and more weapons.... and ****ing hats.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Add me on steam, (Awwufelloff) I could always use a good medic. I'm an amazing heavy/sniper. I play a round/2 on most nights. Going to look to test out overwatch soon as well. Seems like a hybrid of those 2 games.

I played so much jedi outcast on the gamecube. That game was incredible!

I was a TFC person, not TF2. Which was funny, because I used to stalk the various gaming news sites way back when for news on TF2.

Anyone remember that lag-benefitted ISP Valve was apparently working on for a time?

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Is that game still a thing? I remember it getting lots of hype, then people were playing it for about two weeks, and then it seemed like everything stopped. I've never played it myself.
I picked it up for a song in one of the "hey, remember we hyped this game up?" sales a couple years ago, but haven't played it in a year and a half. I hit it pretty hard for a while when it wasn't outrageously popular, but I never had trouble finding a match or anything. The fact that I was a medium sized fish probably says something about the pond being small, though.

The parkour aspect added a lot to my experience. It wasn't just about pulling a trigger as quickly as someone's in the crosshairs, but it was about seeing a building in the distance and knowing you could conquer it. You should conquer it. Then pulling the trigger as quickly as possible as you were jumping off the building.

MechWarriors was a fun game from my youth, so I have fond memories, and the giant robot part of Titanfall added an element while managing balance. The brat factor (population size was probably the only thing at work here) wasn't bad. The maps were large and pretty.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The kids bought it for me as a gift when it came out. And I played it... and I hated it. I was expecting a mech-combat sim, not a FPS with a really, really, big suit of armor to wear. I hate respawning games I suppose. My son recently started playing it. He enjoys it and I'm glad he's getting some use out of it.

Yeah, I suppose that was the point of the game, but I also found there to be way too many Titans on the battlefield at one time.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I've been playing Unreal tournament 2004, Team Fortress 2, and League Of Legends for the last decade+. The first two games are the best games I've ever played.

I started playing CS in 99, and been playing it in various versions since then. Back in HS we would LAN the original UT demo on the PCs in the computer lab.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I was a TFC person, not TF2. Which was funny, because I used to stalk the various gaming news sites way back when for news on TF2.

Anyone remember that lag-benefitted ISP Valve was apparently working on for a time?

I remember when TF2 was going to be a realistic game with realistic graphics and real weapons. Its a shame Valve can't count to 3 on anything.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Any time TSN Radio wants to stop playing the Hip after every clip would be fine with me. Being sad enough about Gord's condition without it being pointed out over and over and over and over.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
So burnt out. Memorial Day weekend couldn't have better timing. Spending it travelling to Texas for a wedding so it's not a "true" relaxing long weekend, but it will be really good to shut off the brain for a bit. Taking Tuesday off as well, but I've booked my day up with other work related items like helping my old boss and doing some consulting.

Need to recharge.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
TF2 is awesome, but I mostly stopped playing when they kept adding more and more weapons.... and ****ing hats.

It's still really fun. But I do agree the micro transactions were a bit much. I still have the default load out for all the classes. :laugh:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I remember when TF2 was going to be a realistic game with realistic graphics and real weapons. Its a shame Valve can't count to 3 on anything.

There are enough realistic shooters out there. TF2 and UT2k4 were incredible games to me because of the futuristic component to them. The movement, team play, and weapons are what make them great. My favorite realistic shooters was Battlefield 2/COD4.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
There are enough realistic shooters out there. TF2 and UT2k4 were incredible games to me because of the futuristic component to them. The movement, team play, and weapons are what make them great. My favorite realistic shooters was Battlefield 2/COD4.

I just can't get in to any of the Battlefield games, tried way back with '42 and with the Desert Warfare mod, I bought Battlefield 3 and just played the campaign and that was it. I played the **** out of COD4, only multiplayer that would draw me away from CS. MW2, MW3, Ghosts, I couldn't get in to the multiplayer, I guess I'm not drawn to the large environment types, I've always like the faster play of CS or the smaller maps of COD4. I've always only got the Infinity Ward developed COD titles and loved the single player campaigns.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Getting into BoJack Horseman thanks to a new roommate...think I need a couple more beers to truly appreciate this show :laugh:

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA

Valve really doesn't make games period nowadays. They seem to be more about building up Steam to be an OS and their hardware.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I just can't get in to any of the Battlefield games, tried way back with '42 and with the Desert Warfare mod, I bought Battlefield 3 and just played the campaign and that was it. I played the **** out of COD4, only multiplayer that would draw me away from CS. MW2, MW3, Ghosts, I couldn't get in to the multiplayer, I guess I'm not drawn to the large environment types, I've always like the faster play of CS or the smaller maps of COD4. I've always only got the Infinity Ward developed COD titles and loved the single player campaigns.

I have the '43 version and received hate-mail from the guy who tops the stat leaderboard. He and his friends are great at the game and eventually they start spawn camping and carrier camping, etc... So one day I wound up in a game against them and having seen their tactics, I decided to simply focus on killing his ass. I shot him down twice, which surprised him. Then he decided to come over and try the "fly low and jump onto the carrier" thing... but I had relocated to a landing craft and simply machine-gunned him on the deck. The next game spawned and I was again on the other team, so I went sniper and killed him 7 more times. He sent me voice messages saying my teammates were complaining... about me killing him. Endless good times.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
I can't wait for my four day weekend to start.

I've already had 5 days worth of crazy at work.

Looking forward to my first day off since the 15th. Had some stressful days over the May Long working on the LRT.

Going for drinks with a cougar from the gym on Saturday, which is the extent of my excitement over the last 2 months. Here's to good times.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I can't wait for my four day weekend to start.

I've already had 5 days worth of crazy at work.

My son has a 4 day weekend from school and it's all he's been talking about this week.

He woke up this morning and kept saying "today needs to go by fast so I can start my weekend".

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My son has a 4 day weekend from school and it's all he's been talking about this week.

He woke up this morning and kept saying "today needs to go by fast so I can start my weekend".

My kids have the four day weekend, as well.

But, I think my daughter is more excited that tonight is her first soccer game of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad