Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Here is our Foster Pup, Gabby the Gremlin

iyVkFrO.jpg

She'll likely be available to adopt for anyone in the NYC area at some point in the next few weeks, though, we might opt to adopt her ourselves. She's a big sweetie though.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Here is our Foster Pup, Gabby the Gremlin

iyVkFrO.jpg

She'll likely be available to adopt for anyone in the NYC area at some point in the next few weeks, though, we might opt to adopt her ourselves. She's a big sweetie though.

Three Rules.

1. Do not feed after midnight
2. Do not get wet
3. Do not expose to sunlight

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I really want to play that as well. The single player looks like exactly what I want from a doom game. It's a shame video games cost so much but what can you do.

I want the remastered COD4 without having to buy Infinite. I don't have much time for games these days anyways, haven't spun up CSGO in a few months. I still want to build a SteamOS box but thats not in the budget right now.

#PCMasterRace

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I have no interest in a lot of the popular games of today. I dunno why. Probably because it's......well, it's yet another shooter. And then another shooter. Yawn. Doom came back? Hilarious.

Maybe it's just because I'm a Nintendo honk and they just won't put out anything interesting anymore :cry:

Clock

May 13, 2006
I really want to play that as well. The single player looks like exactly what I want from a doom game. It's a shame video games cost so much but what can you do.

I have no interest in a lot of the popular games of today. I dunno why. Probably because it's......well, it's yet another shooter. And then another shooter. Yawn. Doom came back? Hilarious.

Maybe it's just because I'm a Nintendo honk and they just won't put out anything interesting anymore :cry:

The best thing that I can say about Doom is that it's actually Doom.

There's no reloading. There's no recharging health. You can take multiple hits. It's not a horror game. You begin killing things five seconds into the game. You hit "forward," you're running at 50 mph.

I feel the same way about shooters, Afino. Couldn't care less about CoD or whatever.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My son is good at some shooters, we don't have too many but we do have a few. I do however make one exception and that's for a couple of Wargaming's titles -- both World of Tanks and World of Warships. It's a bit more tactical, there is no recharge, and when you're dead... well... you're dead. It isn't realistic, but it can be fun. And there is no whirling about like a child on speed in a ball pit at Chuck E Cheese.

We ran through a couple of games with the kids from UbiSoft -- Valiant Hearts and Child of Light. The kids loved them both, even if things aren't all daisies and sunshine at the end.

I played the hell out of the old Medieval: Total War but haven't done much with the later games. Modding things was a hoot.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Honestly, I've got a DS and XB1....I play old SNES games on my 3DS mostly these days

Super Metroid is still one of the best games ever created.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I want the remastered COD4 without having to buy Infinite. I don't have much time for games these days anyways, haven't spun up CSGO in a few months. I still want to build a SteamOS box but thats not in the budget right now.

Saw the preview for Infinite Warfare and scoffed at another mind-blowingly generically bad 'futuristic' shooter that has plagued CoD recently.

Then I saw the trailer for Battlefield 1.

Yes please.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Saw the preview for Infinite Warfare and scoffed at another mind-blowingly generically bad 'futuristic' shooter that has plagued CoD recently.

Then I saw the trailer for Battlefield 1.

Yes please.

Funny how cyclical this is. It doesn't seem long ago that the gaming community was sick of WW1 / WW2 era shooters and wanted something more modern.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Funny how cyclical this is. It doesn't seem long ago that the gaming community was sick of WW1 / WW2 era shooters and wanted something more modern.

Yeah, certainly. Probably a tough spot to be in. They have now three companies that make Call of Duty games (Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer Games). These guys basically rotate each year.

I'm sure Infinite Warfare has been in the works for quite a bit of time, and as you said, the cycle moves kind of fast. Infinity Ward was probably working on this before the new hatred of futuristic games was really taking off. And now, they've released a trailer on YouTube that is the 2nd most disliked video on YouTube of all-time.

413K likes, 2.6m dislikes.

Battlefield, at least for now, made the right move going back in time rather than forward.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I've been playing Unreal tournament 2004, Team Fortress 2, and League Of Legends for the last decade+. The first two games are the best games I've ever played.

Clock

May 13, 2006
That's right COD, push more people to Titanfall.

Is that game still a thing? I remember it getting lots of hype, then people were playing it for about two weeks, and then it seemed like everything stopped. I've never played it myself.

I've been playing Unreal tournament 2004, Team Fortress 2, and League Of Legends for the last decade+. The first two games are the best games I've ever played.

UT 2004 was great. I still load that up every once in a while. I used to love playing the bots. Oddly, I never played TF2, though I was a huge TFC fan. I was an utter murderer as the medic.

The oldies are fun to play though, for sure. I'm doing a replay of Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast right now and it still holds up pretty well.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Is that game still a thing? I remember it getting lots of hype, then people were playing it for about two weeks, and then it seemed like everything stopped. I've never played it myself.

UT 2004 was great. I still load that up every once in a while. I used to love playing the bots. Oddly, I never played TF2, though I was a huge TFC fan. I was an utter murderer as the medic.

The oldies are fun to play though, for sure. I'm doing a replay of Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast right now and it still holds up pretty well.

Add me on steam, (Awwufelloff) I could always use a good medic. I'm an amazing heavy/sniper. I play a round/2 on most nights. Going to look to test out overwatch soon as well. Seems like a hybrid of those 2 games.

I played so much jedi outcast on the gamecube. That game was incredible!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

The kids bought it for me as a gift when it came out. And I played it... and I hated it. I was expecting a mech-combat sim, not a FPS with a really, really, big suit of armor to wear. I hate respawning games I suppose. My son recently started playing it. He enjoys it and I'm glad he's getting some use out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad