OT - NO POLITICS Happy Holidays, Darker Earlier, Snow, I'm Scared!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Hubby was reading a promotional email from Kryptek Outdoor Group when he yelled to me from the other room (making me think his chair was on fire). He noticed our own dear Bradley in the promo email (uncredited - I wonder if Brad knows he's promoting something that's not March&Milco?)
upload_2022-1-3_12-34-59.png

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Car prices are insane right now.

I was very lucky to buy a 2018 at the peak of Covid -- June 2020 and it's worth 9K more today than I paid for it 18 months ago. Of course if I sold it, I'd end up needing to replace it at todays high prices, but the point about the huge increase in car prices stands.
Really? This seems unheard of/unprecedented

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Really? This seems unheard of/unprecedented

It's crazy.

The chip shortage is causing a huge uptick as there are so many fewer cars available.

I dropped my daughters car off at the dealer for an oil change last week and the lot had about 1/3 of what it usually has for inventory.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It's crazy.

The chip shortage is causing a huge uptick as there are so many fewer cars available.

I dropped my daughters car off at the dealer for an oil change last week and the lot had about 1/3 of what it usually has for inventory.

this is exactly how nuts it is.
My oldest boy just bought his end of lease 2019 Honda Insight for $13, 700.
They are selling for $25K to $27K . Used in lots.

nuts. Just nuts.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Car prices are insane right now.

I was very lucky to buy a 2018 at the peak of Covid -- June 2020 and it's worth 9K more today than I paid for it 18 months ago. Of course if I sold it, I'd end up needing to replace it at todays high prices, but the point about the huge increase in car prices stands.
Used car prices are nuts.

Reactions: sarge88

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It's crazy.

Last time I was at the Honda dealer there was about 50 new cars there. Usually, they have about 800.

Reactions: sarge88

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
this is exactly how nuts it is.
My oldest boy just bought his end of lease 2019 Honda Insight for $13, 700.
They are selling for $25K to $27K . Used in lots.

nuts. Just nuts.

If anyone has a second car that's somewhat reliable and ok enough to be the daily use vehicle, now is definitely the time to sell one.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Agree all around here.

I wasn't ready to go fully electric so I went hybrid with a 17+ gal gas tank. The electric motor gets me going, and up usually to around 25mph, although I can buzz up to 40ish if I'm gentle enough. Efficiency varies wildly between 35-45 depending on weather and speed.

The auto industry is a mess now. You're definitely better off keeping the Honda. Another thing to consider is that you'll have a much harder time finding your 5 speed with your next purchase, particularly if it's even remotely new.
A coworker recently bought a new Toyota that's either hybrid or full electric, and the noise the motor makes is just... depressing lol.

I need my car to sound like it has some guts. :laugh: (She says, as she drives a grandma 2008 Saturn :biglaugh:)

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
A coworker recently bought a new Toyota that's either hybrid or full electric, and the noise the motor makes is just... depressing lol.

I need my car to sound like it has some guts. :laugh: (She says, as she drives a grandma 2008 Saturn :biglaugh:)

The whir of the electric motor is straight out of the Jetsons lol. It took me some getting used to for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad