OT - NO POLITICS Happy Holidays, Darker Earlier, Snow, I'm Scared!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Oh no....If you get it you will probably not get too sick.

Hoping for the best

I feel like we are all going to get it eventually. I have hope that being vaccinated will make it far less dangerous.

Take care. I hope you and the bride will be fine.

yeah, I agree in that I think everyone will get it.
Like you hoping our vaccines keep us out of the hospital and alive.
My niece had it, for second time, the past week. Knocked her on her ass. About 5 or 6 days.
My son says he feels like he got hit by a truck.

The Bride has an appointment to be tested tomorrow.

I couldnt get one yet. Plus there are none to be purchased out here. Son # 2 that lives with us still gets tested every 3 days for school/work.
So I’ll see what the week brings.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
yeah, I agree in that I think everyone will get it.
Like you hoping our vaccines keep us out of the hospital and alive.
My niece had it, for second time, the past week. Knocked her on her ass. About 5 or 6 days.
My son says he feels like he got hit by a truck.

The Bride has an appointment to be tested tomorrow.

I couldnt get one yet. Plus there are none to be purchased out here. Son # 2 that lives with us still gets tested every 3 days for school/work.
So I’ll see what the week brings.
:crossfing

Reactions: Gee Wally

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
45D8002D-2083-4C82-ADC9-653646A4FE01.jpeg

Photos don’t do sunsets here justice

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We set a record for high temp in Nashville yesterday. I think it reached 78. Oh, and we were also under a tornado watch.

Currently, it is sleeting outside and they are expecting up to two inches of snow. :snow:

o_O

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Two days ago it was the mid-80s, yesterday it was 60s, today it's 30s with 2 inches of snow.

This is how people get sick....

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Two days ago it was the mid-80s, yesterday it was 60s, today it's 30s with 2 inches of snow.

This is how people get sick....
Indeed it is. I’m still a bit congested but the fatigue is pretty much gone. At this point my cold is gone only for allergies to make their presence known.

I did a bit of cleaning over the weekend and I took down my Christmas decorations and forgot to wear a mask. Im paying for it now.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Indeed it is. I’m still a bit congested but the fatigue is pretty much gone. At this point my cold is gone only for allergies to make their presence known.

I did a bit of cleaning over the weekend and I took down my Christmas decorations and forgot to wear a mask. I'm paying for it now.

Sorry to hear that but your lesson reminds me not to make the same mistake. My decorations go down tomorrow, putting aside my mask for it now....

Also, you may already know this but a nurse told me you have to switch daily allergy medications(over the counter like Claritin) every 2 to 3 years.
Bodies build up a resistance to the effects and the results diminish over time. Switching the medicines resets this decline.
It's worked for me so far...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Sorry to hear that but your lesson reminds me not to make the same mistake. My decorations go down tomorrow, putting aside my mask for it now....

Also, you may already know this but a nurse told me you have to switch daily allergy medications(over the counter like Claritin) every 2 to 3 years.
Bodies build up a resistance to the effects and the results diminish over time. Switching the medicines resets this decline.
It's worked for me so far...
Glad I could spare you the same fate with dust lol.

I’ve been on and off Zyrtec but have been on it steadily for less than a year. Claritin did nothing but make me want to sleep. I took Allegra years ago and it worked for about a month and then stopped.

The goal with the shots is to be completely off of the pills by the end of the year

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was on the fence when I was shopping, but I'm growing increasingly pleased with my decision to go hybrid.
My Honda is on it's 12th year. I am looking at cars but will wait until the chip shortage resolves.

It may be too soon for an electric car as I would rather they were more established. Then again, my next car may be my last car.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
My Honda is on it's 12th year. I am looking at cars but will wait until the chip shortage resolves.

It may be too soon for an electric car as I would rather they were more established. Then again, my next car may be my last car.
They definitely aren't cheap, but I'm definitely going full electric for my next car. Gonna go with one gas powered for road trips, and electric for trips around the city.

F-150 Lightning is what it'll be for me. Gonna have to wait a while since Ford stopped taking orders for them. They are already booked up for 200,000.

My buddy just bought a Volvo XC40 Recharge and loves it. I've driven it and its really nice. A little glitchy with the software package, but nothing major.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Agree all around here.

I wasn't ready to go fully electric so I went hybrid with a 17+ gal gas tank. The electric motor gets me going, and up usually to around 25mph, although I can buzz up to 40ish if I'm gentle enough. Efficiency varies wildly between 35-45 depending on weather and speed.

The auto industry is a mess now. You're definitely better off keeping the Honda. Another thing to consider is that you'll have a much harder time finding your 5 speed with your next purchase, particularly if it's even remotely new.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They definitely aren't cheap, but I'm definitely going full electric for my next car. Gonna go with one gas powered for road trips, and electric for trips around the city.

F-150 Lightning is what it'll be for me. Gonna have to wait a while since Ford stopped taking orders for them. They are already booked up for 200,000.

My buddy just bought a Volvo XC40 Recharge and loves it. I've driven it and its really nice. A little glitchy with the software package, but nothing major.

I feel like this has been common with a lot of models in the last few years. Even when it's major failures and transmissions need to be replaced, it's never the unit itself, but rather an electrical control component

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don't suppose I'm permitted to talk Covid in here, but my god Ontario is locking down again with an announcement at 11 and I just can't anymore.
I think as long as you stay out of the politics you can lightly post on COVID.

Bottom line (IMO) is we are all going to get it eventually so go get your vaccine, so you don't end up really sick, in the hospital or dead.

Also wear a mask. The little kids cannot yet get the shot and you don't want to give it to them.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Agree all around here.

I wasn't ready to go fully electric so I went hybrid with a 17+ gal gas tank. The electric motor gets me going, and up usually to around 25mph, although I can buzz up to 40ish if I'm gentle enough. Efficiency varies wildly between 35-45 depending on weather and speed.

The auto industry is a mess now. You're definitely better off keeping the Honda. Another thing to consider is that you'll have a much harder time finding your 5 speed with your next purchase, particularly if it's even remotely new.
yeah ...I guess I will (for the first time in my life) have to get an automatic rather than a standard. Bummer.

I was looking at the Subaru Crosstrek, Honda HRV or Mazda 30. The Crosstrek is a favorite of Consumer Reports.

For now I am keeping the Accord.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Car prices are insane right now.

I was very lucky to buy a 2018 at the peak of Covid -- June 2020 and it's worth 9K more today than I paid for it 18 months ago. Of course if I sold it, I'd end up needing to replace it at todays high prices, but the point about the huge increase in car prices stands.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad