OT - NO POLITICS HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Got an air fryer for Christmas and i have a feeling i am about to consume chicken fried in plastic fumes. I’m so freakin excited to try this thing but I’ve heated and washed it so many times now I’ve lost count.

Your worlds about to change...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
RIP Farmville

safe_image.php

It's game over for FarmVille, as Flash also buys the farm

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Your worlds about to change...

so i got the plastic smell out by heating a bit of vinegar in it first. I just loaded it with a dozen chicken thighs and drumsticks, and cooked on the chicken setting. I added 2 minutes cuz i filled the basket and the thighs on the bottom are still not done. They also aren’t the highest quality pieces of chicken I’ve ever purchased though

But for a first attempt, NOT BAD

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
so i got the plastic smell out by heating a bit of vinegar in it first. I just loaded it with a dozen chicken thighs and drumsticks, and cooked on the chicken setting. I added 2 minutes cuz i filled the basket and the thighs on the bottom are still not done. They also aren’t the highest quality pieces of chicken I’ve ever purchased though

It makes everything better...

Depending on initial quality of course, but you will see improvement.
You will also have to play with the times manually. I know in my oven to air fry I have to add a few minutes to get the right kind of crispy.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I've found with our air fryer it's necessary to turn and swap from top to bottom the pieces of whatever you're cooking, as the ones on top will usually cook faster as that's where the hot air comes from. Do that once or twice while frying and it generally produces good results. Good luck!

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Santa brought these kids way too much shit and my house is bursting at the seams. I spent the last four hours purging JUST my daughters room and organizing her closet. I also moved the heaviest bookcase style bed frame of all time and nothing broke...except for my back.

the kitchen is full of trash now, my daughters room needs a vacuum in the worst way, i need to wash all the bedding, and then move all the doll houses and desks BACK into the room...and that will wait until the morning. Now i rest.

starting 2021 with some work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad