Happiest player in Montréal?

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Romanov, he did an interview on a Youtube Russian channel and he was constantly praising the craziness of MTL fanbase.

Gotta keep that kid here Marc! He loves it here!

Could very well be but for now he only got to experience the high with Habs Cinderella playoff run. Let's see how he feels when inevitable downturn comes around.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Could very well be but for now he only got to experience the high with Habs Cinderella playoff run. Let's see how he feels when inevitable downturn comes around.
Byron experienced lots of ups and downs and seems to still enjoy it here. We will see how the young players adapt.

Reactions: dinodebino

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kovalev
Koivu
Markov
Gallagher
Mike Keane (tattoo of Habs on his chest)
Begin
Bouillon
Gorges

I think koivu was proud of being a canadiens player, but he also went through some of the worst that Montreal has to offer, which probably annoyed him too.

I think being a non French speaking captain was considered a bigger deal during his time. Then there was that koivu/Ribeiro dynamic that turned political. And of course, there was the time that the media invaded koivu's hospital room and took a picture of his injured eye back in 06.

Nevertheless, I think saku would have been happy enough to continue on in Montreal, but the Habs had different ideas, and completely ripped the team apart in 2009.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I feel like it is any heart and soul type of player. Fans adore them and they quickly become fan favourites. It’s players like that who have limitations but still get the most out of themselves. Those seem to be the happiest because of how they are cheered on.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Tough question as its hard to know how they really feel. The extroverted ones like Domi, PK etc will loudly profess how much they enjoy it but does that mean they like it more than the quiet guy.

Of the current roster, probably Gally, Petry, Armia, Price. They are the 4 guys who having played here signed an extension when they could have tested the UFA market.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Another vote for Subban. He clearly enjoyed being here. All his pedigree on and off the ice proves it.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
I would say Henri Richard and his 11 Stanley Cup rings.

images3.jpeg

Reactions: BLONG7

MolleSon

May 21, 2018
With the CH today... I think Byron, Gallagher, Perreault, Paquette. The rest go where the money flows...
With the CH 30-40-50 years go... Name them... Even Frank Mahovlich was happy to play in Montreal!!!

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Andrei markov may have been quiet, but I think he was really happy here.

He pronounced his love for the city multiple times. We never heard a peep of him wanting out, and played his entire NHL career here. When he couldn't agree to terms with Montreal, he decided to leave for the KHL than to play for another NHL team.

Yeah Andrei became a Canadian citizen to boot, so he must've really liked it here.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I remember Oleg Petrov being the happiest guy around in his days, even became canadian citizen.

Also, while (to me) he got a lot of undeserved flak in his time, haven't seen Tomas Plekanec name come out, guy is praising Habs and Montreal pretty often on Twitter, and when he was traded to Toronto, you could see the sadness in his face.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
I remember Oleg Petrov being the happiest guy around in his days, even became canadian citizen.

Also, while (to me) he got a lot of undeserved flak in his time, haven't seen Tomas Plekanec name come out, guy is praising Habs and Montreal pretty often on Twitter, and when he was traded to Toronto, you could see the sadness in his face.
I remember Petrov! One rare happy moment from that period.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yeah Andrei became a Canadian citizen to boot, so he must've really liked it here.

Well he was very concerned the Habs would keep Sheldon Souray over him as he did not want to leave Montreal, if that helps you determine if he was happy or not.:dunno:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kirk Muller and Mike Keane both cried when they were traded.
Muller loved playing in Montreal

I don't disagree, but some of those tears probably had to do with the situation he was going into as much as the situation he was leaving behind.

This was the era of that fisherman logo in long Island.

Reactions: Tyson

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I don't disagree, but some of those tears probably had to do with the situation he was going into as much as the situation he was leaving behind.

This was the era of that fisherman logo in long Island.
Kirk Muller cried after being fired along with Claude Julien.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad