Happiest player in Montréal?

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
I know that one of them was Stephane Quintal. I don't remember the specifics cause it was long ago......
But after he played for the Habs.
He didn't want to play ANYWHERE else.
If I remember correctly, he even went into a big depression after he left here.
He loved playing here as much as Danault. Signed in NY for the $$$ and then wanted to come back to finish his career here.

Reactions: Mr Mom

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Romanov, he did an interview on a Youtube Russian channel and he was constantly praising the craziness of MTL fanbase.

Gotta keep that kid here Marc! He loves it here!
you wouldn't be happier to see eichel here?

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
oh shit !

i said Kovalev but there was also that Subban guy that enjoyed playing for the Habs
True, Subban enjoyed the spotlight and seemed to be happy here. I will always remember his comment regarding the Bruins and his hospital foundation.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Corey Perry, habs fan growing up. He can’t wait to finally play in front of a full bell centre.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
8481540.jpg

Close thread

Reactions: Big Empty

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Romanov, he did an interview on a Youtube Russian channel and he was constantly praising the craziness of MTL fanbase.

Gotta keep that kid here Marc! He loves it here!
Romanov posted a story on instagram yesterday, he was in Quebec city and put the caption : Quelle belle ville. In French. I think he really likes it here.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Has to be DD, I knew he was toast when he left here. Probably missed papa terribly.

Reactions: dinodebino

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
You can never truly know these days. First, some people know how to communicate to their advantage and play the right fiddle. Second, these things can change quickly, for professional or personal reasons.

My gut feeling tells me Jeff Petry is at the right spot in his career to be happy playing here, and seems so.

In recent history, PK Subban clearly had Montreal tattooed on his heart, and the fact that he still seems to have tells me it was truly heartfelt.

Historically, anyone playing for the team in the 60s/70s was probably REALLY happy to keep winning and winning while the city was economically and culturally booming.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'd say Subban for sure, I don't remember another player being elevated by the pressure and spotlights the way he was.

I know that one of them was Stephane Quintal. I don't remember the specifics cause it was long ago......
But after he played for the Habs.
He didn't want to play ANYWHERE else.
If I remember correctly, he even went into a big depression after he left here.
Les Rangers, un échec pour Quintal - TVA Sports

He signed there for the big paycheck, but quickly realised it was a big mistake, and missed the city and being surrounded by friends and family. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying he regretted his big contract, similar to Brisebois.

Reactions: Mr Mom

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Andrei markov may have been quiet, but I think he was really happy here.

He pronounced his love for the city multiple times. We never heard a peep of him wanting out, and played his entire NHL career here. When he couldn't agree to terms with Montreal, he decided to leave for the KHL than to play for another NHL team.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Reminds me Edmundson was also happy to come play here. I certainly was last year.

yeah I agree. Edmundson was like a 5-6th defenseman in Edmonton and Carolina ur turned into big minutes steady physical defenseman here. Apple when Petry was out Edmundson Weber and Chariot logged big minutes 22+ per night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad