Happiest player in Montréal?

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Probably the guy with 10.5 million reasons.

He could also have been happy with the Kraken. He does not talk much apparently but to stay so many years in this passionate market he must be comfortable playing here.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I would say everbody on that team? According to la poche bleu, Montreal is maybe one of the toughest market, but as a player, if you are giving your 100%, everything gonna be forgiven and thats true. Every player who came here were saying that Montreal was one of their favorite place to play. Some people gonna prefer more quiet place but i don’t believe it when people are saying; Montreal doesnt attract players. In fact, We acquired many good players in the past, especially on UFA market but we just focusing on who didnt select montreal..

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
I know it's going to sound cheesy but guys like Bouillon and Bégin and Lapierre really seemed like playing for the Habs was the end game. They seemed to thrive here despite their limitations.

Reminds me Edmundson was also happy to come play here. I certainly was last year.

Reactions: Licou

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I know it's going to sound cheesy but guys like Bouillon and Bégin and Lapierre really seemed like playing for the Habs was the end game. They seemed to thrive here despite their limitations.
Lapierre said the same thing about Bergeron. Un qubecois fier...

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
I know that one of them was Stephane Quintal. I don't remember the specifics cause it was long ago......
But after he played for the Habs.
He didn't want to play ANYWHERE else.
If I remember correctly, he even went into a big depression after he left here.

Reactions: amethyst

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
I know that one of them was Stephane Quintal. I don't remember the specifics cause it was long ago......

Wow, did not know that.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Did you get drunk tonight? Way too much love...

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
The only thing is common that I have with a professional hockey player is the fact that I have been playing hockey since I was 5. So I can't really relate to their realities.

But if I try and picture myself being NHL caliber I can't see myself not wearing the CH... At worst, I wouldn't mind playing for Toronto or Boston, as weird as it sounds. Hockey for me is a passionate sport when I play it and it would just feel wrong to play it for a non rabid crazy crowd if I was at that highest level possible.

Just my 2 cents.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am guessing Caufield. He got a good first experience and he has become an instant success with the fans...

Reactions: holy

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Michael Ryder in his second stint :sarcasm:

When we were eliminated in 5, he packed his things and left without talking to any journalist.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad