Friedman: Hanzal talks heating up (multiple teams interested)

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
CapFriendly only lists Mac as a RW not Center but if he can play Center then yes he would be an excellent add for Arizona for Hanzal but would MB trade McCarron probably not for a pending UFA.

He was converted to centre 3 years ago in London, has been playing there ever since.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Hopefully MB has been talking with Arizona. I think it may be early to make such a move also. But remember, the Petry deal at the deadline 2 years ago was being negotiated for months before it happened, apparently.

member 256847

Habs don't really need him
Danault is playing well and we have Galchenyuk and Pleks

Since Danault has moved up the 4th line looks mediocre. I'd rather see Danault back to 4th line duty with an upgrade at 3C for better depth.

Hanzal makes sense, all dependent on the price.

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
Hopefully MB has been talking with Arizona. I think it may be early to make such a move also. But remember, the Petry deal at the deadline 2 years ago was being negotiated for months before it happened, apparently.

its not too early to make moves this is actually getting close to where most teams know what they have and what they will need to get for the playoff run so theyll be some deals come in soon enough

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Hanzal is definitely a Marc Bergevin kinda deal. LOL
Why get actual talent when you can get a part-time playing project.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
If the sharks are interested, it's probably something around Tierney for Hanzal. If Hertl is injured again I could see SJ targeting Hanzal. Even if they want to move Hertl back with the Joes, I could see SJ making an offer. Hanzal would help immensely in the faceoff circle

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Hanzal is terribly underrated from fans in the East. Obviously, the health concerns diminish his value on the trade market so the Yotes can't expect a great return for an often injured UFA to be. Hudon from Mtl might be a good pick for them for the future. He also is terribly underrated afaic. Good hockey trade if the $$$ can be figured out.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Hanzal is terribly underrated from fans in the East. Obviously, the health concerns diminish his value on the trade market so the Yotes can't expect a great return for an often injured UFA to be. Hudon from Mtl might be a good pick for them for the future. He also is terribly underrated afaic. Good hockey trade if the $$$ can be figured out.

As for $$$, Desharnais would have to be involved but that's not necessarily a bad thing for Arizona. He'd help while the young guys are developing and there's even a slight possibility that they could flip him at the deadline. Habs could even retain a bit.

C Desharnais (.75M retained)
C/LW Hudon
2017 3rd rd. pick (2nd if Hanzal plays 15 playoff games)

~for~

C Hanzal
C Mueller

We'd likely try to get you to add Mueller for the Ice Caps. They'd need him after losing Hudon and other call-ups.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
anders lee , nyi #2

give or take a b level prospect toss in that chayka likes .

thats the best I can do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad