Friedman: Hanzal talks heating up (multiple teams interested)

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
CapFriendly only lists Mac as a RW not Center but if he can play Center then yes he would be an excellent add for Arizona for Hanzal but would MB trade McCarron probably not for a pending UFA.

I'm not sure why they have him on the wing, because both he and Hudon play center. I've mentioned that Bergevin has very little motivation to move McCarron. But who knows. Could be extra pieces involved at that point.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
I know Hudon. I really wanted the Yotes to draft him. I'm a fan from his amateur days. I just never thought he'd become a pro center. As far as I know he's still a winger? Is that not right?

Yes, Hudon is a winger.

CapFriendly only lists Mac as a RW not Center but if he can play Center then yes he would be an excellent add for Arizona for Hanzal but would MB trade McCarron probably not for a pending UFA.

McCarron can play both wing and centre but Habs have always projected as a centre.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm not sure why they have him on the wing, because both he and Hudon play center. I've mentioned that Bergevin has very little motivation to move McCarron. But who knows. Could be extra pieces involved at that point.

Some times they do that, They don't always have the right player lined up with their right positions. That's why i usually always google their names and you usually get more of an accurate description.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If you are citing scoring, I don't think you understand the player being offered.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
I know Hudon. I really wanted the Yotes to draft him. I'm a fan from his amateur days. I just never thought he'd become a pro center. As far as I know he's still a winger? Is that not right?

Hudon is a natural winger, but the Habs are grooming him as the Plekanec's successor next season. He's a solid two-way player.

Last edited:

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
Hanzal and Duclair for Strome and Bailey.......If more needed do what needs to be done 2 bottom dwelling Teams Arizona and Islanders.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
The only way the Yotes get any return on Hanzal is if the trade happen really soon. The longer they wait, the less they get.

Hudon just got called up.

Doesn't mean anything, but certainly an odd timing.
Radulov is sick and won't be playing tomorrow. They called up Chris Terry earlier this week but he did not do much of anything.

Last edited:

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
The only way the Yotes get any return on Hanzal is if the trade happen really soon. The longer they wait, the less they get.

Radulov is sick and won't be playing tomorrow. They called up Chris Terry earlier this week but he did not do much of anything.

they also have ghetto and carr up aswell

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

As I said, it could mean nothing. If they plan on sending Terry back, I don't know why he hasn't been sent back already.

I don't know what's the ETA on Flynn either, but if he's near a return, that makes two extras up front.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
realy hope hudon is not a trade bait. realy dont get why he never had his chances hes chances. hes the kind of guy who will be better playing with better people, his puck possesion is crazy and its something we lack. in my head hes always been our top prospect since 2-3 years and never understood why ghetto was even getting called before him. i woulnt be suprise if ghetto performs better than lekhonen

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
id say edmonton should jump on this... short term use draisailt on wing with mcdavid allowing them to put eberle with hopkins for 2 scoring lines

then if hanzal can be resigned it allows the team to deal hopkins to vegas for the much needed upgrade on defense and depth forward next year

it makes more sense having hanzal as your 3rd line center than it does hopkins moving forward

might require a 3 way trade if arizona wants a young forward that can play immediately

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad