Weekes: Hanifin to sign extension around 8 years, $7M AAV?

beckstreaker07

Jul 2, 2009
I don't get it; the tweet in OP says "wouldn’t be surprised to see them agree to an 8 Yr Contract Extension in the neighborhood of 7M AAV".

To me that reads like he's making a guess that it's even in the works at this time; why is everyone running with $56m over 8 years like it's a done deal?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The Flames offered him an 8 years x 8.5 million deal though.

Between not wanting to play for a Canadian team and the current state of the Flames, it shouldn't be surprising he turned down an extension.

I wouldn't want to waste my best years on a rebuilding/re tooling team either. Vegas has somewhat of a tax advantage sure, but they're also the reigning champions and are going to be a cup contender for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Devonator

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't get it; the tweet in OP says "wouldn’t be surprised to see them agree to an 8 Yr Contract Extension in the neighborhood of 7M AAV".

To me that reads like he's making a guess that it's even in the works at this time; why is everyone running with $56m over 8 years like it's a done deal?
I don't think he would throw the number out if he hadn't heard something. And, is it just me, or has Weekes become one of the more accurate guys in the last year or two?

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

paragon

May 5, 2010
People here acting like 7M is a massive cap hit in 2032. It's not.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
I’m sorry, but exactly what was preventing Hanifin from agreeing to 8x$7M two days ago when it could’ve helped the team that gave him $30M see a little return on that investment.

Thanks for coming up small in every big moment you ever played in.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Clearly he's just waiting until after the deadline to sign to make sure Vegas doesn't flip him before the ink dries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad