Proposal: Hanifin to EDM for Nugent-Hopkins and 10th overall pick.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I'd easily pass as Edm.

With D in this draft, you could feasibly find a better defenseman than NH with 10OA and not have to give up a good player in RNH.

Reactions: OnanTheBarbarian

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Thats awful for EDM as is the OP.

EDM needs two things: more scoring wingers and a top 4 RD.

Giving up a C they are playing at W and their only upside winger to add a LD, when they already have Nurse, Klefbom, Sekera and Russel as LD? Thats awful.

I could see something around 10 OA and Faulk from an EDM POV.

Hoffman and Ceci
There is your scoring winger & your #4 RD

Send the 10th overall and a 2nd next year I’d even take Kassian for the remainder of his contract to free up salary.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Hoffman and Ceci
There is your scoring winger & your #4 RD

Send the 10th overall and a 2nd next year I’d even take Kassian for the remainder of his contract to free up salary.
I don't think Ceci has as much value as he used to. Not enthused about taking him back.
I like Hoffman, but would he waive for Edmonton?
Due to cap constraints more than Kassian's salary has to go the other way if we're picking up Hoffman ($5.187 Million) and Ceci (RFA).

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I don't think Ceci has as much value as he used to. Not enthused about taking him back.
I like Hoffman, but would he waive for Edmonton?
Due to cap constraints more than Kassian's salary has to go the other way if we're picking up Hoffman ($5.187 Million) and Ceci (RFA).

Well, I really have no idea if he would wave but I think riding shotgun with McDavid would pretty fun for a creative speedster with a cannon like Hoffman :)
I agree Ceci may not have value he had last year but he’s still an average #4 RD & I think a team that’s not his home city would do him wonders.
Do you have any other 2 year contracts that fit the bill?
Seems to be pretty good value - Hoffman is a true sniper with great wheels and some pretty great hands.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
I agree with everything you said above.
However Hanifin isn't worth the 10th and RNH. That is an overpayment. As 'Canes fans you might argue that it would take an overpayment to move Hanifin. While this is debatable, I can guarantee you Edmonton is not the club to make any such offer. They have a lot of LHD. They're short on RHD.
Not the right fit for Edmonton at this time. Now if they move one of their LHD in another deal....
It will in fact take overpayment to get Hanafin out of Carolina. I think Faulk would be more affordable.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
Is there a reasonable, mutually beneficial deal that could bring Pesce to Edmonton? I know he isn’t the ppqb that Edmonton wants, but his handed ness and acumen would go a long way to solidifying our back end.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Is there a reasonable, mutually beneficial deal that could bring Pesce to Edmonton? I know he isn’t the ppqb that Edmonton wants, but his handed ness and acumen would go a long way to solidifying our back end.

Not likely. Pesce’s handedness and defensive acumen is already going a long way to solidifying Carolina’s back end. He’s signed for 6 years x $4 million per.

If the Canes moved Pesce then one of their immediate needs becomes a top-pair RHD. What could Edmonton offer to make that worth it for the Canes? Would have to solve an even bigger issue (#1C/#1G) so there isn’t a fit that I see.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
These two teams are sub-optimal trading partners at this point. Maybe there was a deal to be had 2 years ago, but I don’t think that’s the case anymore. The Oilers can’t afford to trade one of the few quality forwards they have for what Carolina has to offer (defense), or trade quality future assets for Carolina’s talent approaching UFA age (Skinner/Faulk.) Carolina shouldn’t be selling low on anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad