Proposal: Hanifin to Dallas

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Valuable player on a Cup contender.

1st rate penalty killer and his line is always a shut-down line. Very good defensively and good at faceoffs.

Main problem is He gives very little offense (though did score a shorty last night).

Reason he is viewed as a possible trade piece is he makes 3.5m and Dallas is hard against the cap. So if there is any option to bring in a top 4 defenseman which might be the piece which makes Dallas a cup contender or even favourite in West...faksa may have to be the moveable piece.

Dallas has Dellandrea as the 13th fwd at moment who can come in and support the 4th line and defensive game similair to faksa.

So while his play is beneficial in the playoffs, they can cover his lose on their 4th line and PK. Yet free up salary for an important defensive piece.

Still a good player though.
Thank you. FWIW I loved Dellandrea's game last playoffs, I'd love to add him to my team. Thanks for your response!

Reactions: catters078

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’d rather call up and play Petrovic for the rest of the year than lose Bourque.

Besides that the Stars should be looking for a RHD partner for Miro.
You want a first pair defender in the middle of the season that’s a RHD. Ummm. Good luck with that.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
You want a first pair defender in the middle of the season that’s a RHD. Ummm. Good luck with that.
Never said first pair. Defensively sound top 4 quality will do more than well as a partner for Miro. Would be exponentially better compared to what he has had to lug around the past couple of seasons. C Miller, corpse of Suter etc.

Reactions: piqued

Girthybowlofchili

Jan 17, 2024
Stars should acquire Tanev as well.
Hanifin-Heiskanen
Harely-Tanev
Lindell-Hakkanpa

would be the best D core in the league. Tanev only fetches a 2nd imo. Unless someone is really desperate.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Hanifin-Heiskanen
Harely-Tanev
Lindell-Hakkanpa

would be the best D core in the league. Tanev only fetches a 2nd imo. Unless someone is really desperate.
Did suter go back in this trade? Cause no way he waives that NTC. Although, I would love to get rid of him. Seems a bit of fantasy here.

Girthybowlofchili

Jan 17, 2024
Did suter go back in this trade? Cause no way he waives that NTC. Although, I would love to get rid of him. Seems a bit of fantasy here.
I was hoping they would just scratch him. Definitely a fantasy though lol. I was just saying it would be an insane top 4. I actually don’t think we have room for multiple defenseman, I think we’d be over the 23 roster players cap now that I think about it. I think Hanley and Lundqvist are 1 way deals so they can’t be sent down for another roster spot if I remember correctly.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Hanifin-Heiskanen
Harely-Tanev
Lindell-Hakkanpa

He SHOULD only fetch a 2nd, but I think his handedness and playoff style will lead someone to overpay. It would be nice after the underpayment for Zadorov. The premier player we have to trade IMO is Hanifin. He's much better than people think.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Dallas wins the Cup with Noah
I hate to admit it, but if Edmonton gets a defensive D that can move the puck and McDavid keeps not cherry picking for the 1st time in his career I think Edmonton is the favorite. I've been hoping McDavid would just keep chasing Art Ross trophies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I hate to admit it, but if Edmonton gets a defensive D that can move the puck and McDavid keeps not cherry picking for the 1st time in his career I think Edmonton is the favorite. I've been hoping McDavid would just keep chasing Art Ross trophies.
Dallas-Edmonton WCF would be a great series. Winner wins the Cup. I don't think the teams in the east are very good.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Dallas-Edmonton WCF would be a great series. Winner wins the Cup. I don't think the teams in the east are very good.

As a Stars fan, it's getting really annoying losing in the playoffs to the team that eventually wins it all. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad