Friedman: Hanifin, Tanev and Zadorov : I think they are calling around and gauging the market. I can see teams like Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver showing

Ledge And Dairy

Thanks for the lesson and attitude. You are right, age and injury have zero correlation. Also "conditional 1st" isn't the same as "1st" is it?
Where did I say anything about his value anywhere in this thread?

And yes age is irrelevant when we are talking about a 2-4 month window. When people talk about age of an athlete it's about how they will perform down the line of their contract. Kadri for example is playing well right now but how he will play in 3-4 years is what deters potential buyers.

If your worried about an injury then that is a completely different matter. Is a player more likely to get hurt the older they are? Sure but we are still talking about players in peak physical condition. The difference in risk between Tanev(33) or someone like Peeke(25) getting hurt doing is pretty negligible since all players are in high danger of injury every game in this sport.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Tanev has huge injury history, I wouldnt wait too long if I was CGY in trading him. His stock plummets obviously if/when he gets banged up.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Noah hanifin for William Wallinder (future LHD) and Ben Chiarot for cap balance

Elias Lindholm for Fabbri + Marco Kasper (C prospect 8 overall) or 2025 1st rounder

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Not really, last year they were just outside the playoffs and most thought they just needed a coach change, now they're almost basically bottom 5 with a new coach.

We replaced one defensive coach with another defensive coach though. There is virtually no creativity in the attack. Its no wonder we are struggling on that. The current personnel are not a bunch of bangers and grinder players to work in that system is the problem imo.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The OP link.

All Canadian teams.

Might as well just toss a grenade.
The rumor this summer is that Hanifin wanted to go to the USA so yeah, this rumor makes little sense. Part of the value of a rental is that you hope the guy sticks around if the fit is good

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I think that an Oilers and Flames trade would look like

Dylan Holloway + 2nd

for

Tanev @50% + late pick.

Oilers make cap room for this trade by putting Campbell on LTIR or something similar
You can't just stick a player on LTIR. They actually need an injury unless they can get away with mental issues base on the stress of the game. I am not sure it would fly.

I also don't think I would give up Holloway for an often injury Tanev , Looking at Holloways stat line doesn't tell the story of this player. Rather give up a 2nd and a 3rd or something like this

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
They were better last season and hanging around a playoff spot all season. The problem clearly wasn’t Sutter. Francis already said there will be a sell off.
Francis says alot of things.

Im not doubting the sell off, but it will not be draft pick heavy returns I am tellin ya

Not really, last year they were just outside the playoffs and most thought they just needed a coach change, now they're almost basically bottom 5 with a new coach.
they are 2 games below .500 and its november relax

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
View attachment 768925

They also talk about it on Flames nation with Mr. noodles. This guy is NOT worth 7.5M for 8 years.

Hanifin changed his mind in the deal so in other words he declined it. TRADE HIM! Hanifin doesn’t want to be a Flame.

He’s getting it, wherever he goes. Maybe he’s really happy with where he’s traded and signs for a little cheaper, like $7 million per, but nobody should be surprised if he gets that kind of cash.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It would take a bit more than Wallinder..

Wallinder, Hanas, Chariot and a 2nd for Hanifin
That’s about what I’d ask for if I were the Flames. Obviously Wallinder would likely be in the deal, and there would be a current dman, and at least another good prospect like Hanas. Whether that dman is Chiarot or Maatta, it would likely be one of them.

Detroit is one of the very few teams, in a position to move a D prospect as good as Wallinder.

Btw…. They don’t lose the game this afternoon if Hanifin is in their lineup, after Walman went down. Chiarot just can’t play those type of minutes. It killed the Wings having him play those important minutes. .

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Calling around? IMO they should be shopping for who they want in return not just gauging the market.
Although they are not that far out of a WC spot yet.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
That’s about what I’d ask for if I were the Flames. Obviously Wallinder would likely be in the deal, and there would be a current dman, and at least another good prospect like Hanas. Whether that dman is Chiarot or Maatta, it would likely be one of them.

Detroit is one of the very few teams, in a position to move a D prospect as good as Wallinder.

Btw…. They don’t lose the game this afternoon if Hanifin is in their lineup, after Walman went down. Chiarot just can’t play those type of minutes. It killed the Wings having him play those important minutes. .
100%

That's why SY needs to get on this and make it happen before too many more of these games and losses like up

Reactions: Petes2424

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
If the Flames are going to rebuild then they should look at trading Andersson for a bounty. As a Canucks fan it would be fitting if we acquired him given the Flames selected him with our 2nd round pick.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If the Flames are going to rebuild then they should look at trading Andersson for a bounty. As a Canucks fan it would be fitting if we acquired him given the Flames selected him with our 2nd round pick.
Hey, y'all got that stud Sven Baertschi though

Bond

May 10, 2012
I think he’s the most valuable piece on the roster

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I think he’s the most valuable piece on the roster
Yep but he's at that awkward age where he's not old but maybe too old for a team that's possibly looking to embark on a rebuild (ie. How old will he be once the Flames are ready to contend again?)

Of course it's always possible that due to Huberdeau's massive contract and several other factors the Flames elect to keep trying to retool and compete. I'm really curious to see what happens with Lindholm and Hanifin. If they both re-sign them obviously it doesn't make sense for Calgary to deal Andersson.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Yep but he's at that awkward age where he's not old but maybe too old for a team that's possibly looking to embark on a rebuild (ie. How old will he be once the Flames are ready to contend again?)

Of course it's always possible that due to Huberdeau's massive contract and several other factors the Flames elect to keep trying to retool and compete. I'm really curious to see what happens with Lindholm and Hanifin. If they both re-sign them obviously it doesn't make sense for Calgary to deal Andersson.
Yup. I feel like they have to deal with the UFAs before trading him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad