Friedman: Hanifin, Tanev and Zadorov : I think they are calling around and gauging the market. I can see teams like Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver showing

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Craig Conroy when he sees Brad's number pop up on his phone

200.webp

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
If Zadarov was offered to the leafs for free I’d politely decline.

The leafs would need to lose Gio to open up
a roster spot and probably Domi to make cap work.

I’d much, much rather have gio at his cap hit then Zadarov at his.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
How’s Tanev holding up? I know the Flames have a relatively deep defense but while 0+1 in 11 GP probably doesn’t matter so much for a defensive guy - he’s a -5 and average just 18:29 per game total which is more depth defenseman territory and even counting for no PP time, a significant decrease from years past.

I just wonder with him turning 34 in a month if he’s still the guy I think a lot of fans on this forum assume he still is which is a frontline defensive dman. Seems like he is definitely more a nice veteran depth add at this point than a guy who is going to say, solve Edmonton’s defensive woes.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Edmonton wouldn't be after Hanifin, the left side is already overloaded. The guy Kenny Holland would back up the truck for is Tanev.
Yeah, I just think the Canucks will overpay the most for Tanev because of history there and desire to reward the team. I think he is worth a 2nd + b prospect from any playoff team that needs a defenseman. Any trades to the Canucks or Oilers would have to be way beyond that IMO.

Now is the time to pay to get out of some bad deals.
Do you mean Hanifin + Kadri or something? None of the the contracts on the Flames D are bad

• Haha
Reactions: Paddys Pub

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
There's no current GM that knows the Flames D core better than Treliving. He will for sure be trading with his former team. I think it's Tanev or Hanifin. I would opt for Tanev.
Yeah if this is true, I think Brad goes for Tanev, cheaper to,acquire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad