Handball

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
No disrespect to France, but I wish Denmark had played like that against Norway (not that I think Norway would have won it anyway).

I would argue Denmark lost it. When was the last time you saw a team that good making so many strange decisions and mistakes? I honestly cannot remember ever from a mens team.

It doesn't matter though. France are worthy winners and you can only beat what is in front of you. If Denmark had played better France might have upped their game as well.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Close in the end with Denmark winning 2nd half.

But not enough.

Congrats France, just when the French haven’t won anything since 2017, they come back.

OG is just their groove.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
No disrespect to France, but I wish Denmark had played like that against Norway (not that I think Norway would have won it anyway).

I would argue Denmark lost it. When was the last time you saw a team that good making so many strange decisions and mistakes? I honestly cannot remember ever from a mens team.

It doesn't matter though. France are worthy winners and you can only beat what is in front of you. If Denmark had played better France might have upped their game as well.
I agree, Denmark lost this more than France won it.

France were very good in defence for good stretches, but when Denmark stopped making stupid mistakes they caught up, it was just too late in the game.

Haven’t seen them this bad since 2013 WC final.

Gidsel btw missed a golden opportunity to equalize with 15 secs left, and fumbled the play - But it should have been a freethrow for Denmark aswell, so there’s that.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Final ranking[edit]

RankTeam[13]
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png
Denmark
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
Egypt
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany
21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
Norway
23px-Flag_of_Bahrain.svg.png
Bahrain
23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png
Portugal
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil
23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan
23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png
Argentina
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

All Star Team[edit]

The all-star team was announced on 7 August 2021.[14]
PositionPlayer
Goalkeeper Vincent Gérard
Right wing Aleix Gómez
Right back Yahia Omar
Centre back Nedim Remili
Left back Mikkel Hansen
Left wing Hugo Descat
Pivot Ludovic Fabregas
MVP Mathias Gidsel
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Also typical for Norway - when the pressure is off (women) they just smash Sweden.

I honestly don't get it. That team is so experienced and full of players who have won everything, but for some reason in the Olympics they just choke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad