Handball

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I had to prioritize beach volleyball, but I don't see how Denmark can lose this now. Even if handball is rarely decided in the first half - Denmark are just too experienced to get stressed if Spain ends up making the game closer.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Should be a good game. If Denmark continues to play 7 against 6 it will probably end up 47-3 to France though :laugh:

It's a strange tournament to me. It doesn't feel like any of the teams are playing up to their potential.

I think Denmark will win, but they would have to play better than they did for much of the second half today if that is to happen.

If France win I guess the only team to beat them would be Norway - so that works as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France hasn't been dominant, but have got the job done.
4 straight Olympics final. Final in basketball and volleyball as well.
Good day.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Should be a good game. If Denmark continues to play 7 against 6 it will probably end up 47-3 to France though :laugh:

It's a strange tournament to me. It doesn't feel like any of the teams are playing up to their potential.

I think Denmark will win, but they would have to play better than they did for much of the second half today if that is to happen.

If France win I guess the only team to beat them would be Norway - so that works as well.
They usually only do it when the game is suited for it.

The teams are tired, no breaks this season, many games.

Second half was just Spain being Spain.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Difficult to criticize the Norwegian women's team in general, but always surprising how such an experienced team can so often end up playing in such a headless way. This is not the first time.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well done Russia. Felt like an 80% performance by Norway, but part of being good is being good when it matters - Norway weren't.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
How would you guys rank the 15 best nations in Handball right now? (men)

1: Denmark
2: France
3: Spain
4: Croatia
5: Egypt
6: Norway
7: Germany
8: Portugal
9: Hungary
10: Slovenia
11: Iceland
12: Serbia
13: Russia
14: Poland
15: Sweden

Clearly a Euro dominance. I do expect Brazil, Argentina, Japan and Korea to do better than they are.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Regarding women handball, im shocked how good Sweden played in the group stage and made semifinals. Nobody expected this.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
told you guys about wanne...

Screenshot-8.png

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Long time ago I have seen the Danes be so bad.

Outmatched physcially.

The refs have been giving a tiny edge to the French, with 1 pen that was not a pen, and a goal that should have been an attacking error.

But, no excuses, the French are better, and are getting all the 2nd balls.

This game is Frances to loose.

Can’t see how Denmark get back into this game.

Nothing works for them so far.

100% sure France takes this handidly.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Normally I would agree, but when you got Landin things can change. He is one of very few that can close shop for 10 mins and then Denmark will be in it again.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Normally I would agree, but when you got Landin things can change. He is one of very few that can close shop for 10 mins and then Denmark will be in it again.
I don’t see it happening tbh - For that to happen we need to score :laugh:

I see the same signs as when Spain manhandled us in the 2013 WC final.

We have been stunted, and look like scared little kids.

I hope you are right, but the French look super human physically today.

We look lost.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don’t see it happening tbh - For that to happen we need to score :laugh:

I see the same signs as when Spain manhandled us in the 2013 WC final.

We have been stunted, and look like scared little kids.

I hope you are right, but the French look super human physically today.

We look lost.

You are only 4 behind with so many ridiculous technical mistakes as well. Not sure if it is possible to play any worse at least in the last 30.

I think France will win of course, but this is not over.

Unfortunately I don't think France will run out of energy like Russia did against Norway. But it was a bit similar. Norway played much like Denmark, but they almost caught up with the Russians in the end.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
You are only 4 behind with so many ridiculous technical mistakes as well. Not sure if it is possible to play any worse at least in the last 30.

I think France will win of course, but this is not over.

Unfortunately I don't think France will run out of energy like Russia did against Norway. But it was a bit similar. Norway played much like Denmark, but they almost caught up with the Russians in the end.
I am 99% sure France runs up the score.

Don’t have any faith in Denmark today, we have been horribad.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
So similar to the Norwegian women. So much experience and so much quality, but suddenly it looks just off.

Not to take anything away from France. Even Denmark at their best do not always beat France of course.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Quality now is just so low. A shame that this is quite typical for handball tournaments. The players are just too tired at the end of the tournament.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Felt like that last 2mins was compensating a bit that France had gotten 4 and Denmark 0. Then again the last 2mins on Karabatic was also quite questionable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad