Proposal: Hampus Lindholm for Nylander + Dermott + 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Am I missing something on Lindholm? His defensive stats are pretty average at around 50 CF%. Although, he starts way more shifts in the DZ on a pretty poor team. Dermott and Lindholm may be pretty even defensively, Dermott has a 55% with heavy OZ starts so it probably ends up balancing out. Both are lefties, Dermott was on pace for just under 25 pts at 22 y/o, and Lindholm paced for about 30 at 25 y/o. So far, Lindholm's best pace for points on the back end has been just below 40. Dermott has a slightly higher WAR/min while Lindholm has an even 1 WAR and Dermott comes in at .700. I'd go as far as to say Toronto would make a mistake trading Dermott for Lindholm straight up if cap didn't exist. The value difference here definitely isn't even a late first but to add Nylander? That's insane. Nylander makes a lot, yes, but he plays well defensively and had a pace for over 40 points last year in an "abysmal" season. I'd say if you set the over/under for his point pace this season at 55, I'm taking the over with everything I own. This trade is brutal for TML and the only thing they get out of it is losing a young defenseman for maybe a slightly better, slightly older one, about 2.5M in cap space, give away a winger who has hit 61 points at 20 and 21 and lose yet another 1st. That's 3 years in a row without a first and as a Rangers fan, I know that's a dangerous path.

Did you just use raw CF% to try and evaluate Lindholm defensively and then suggest he and Dermott are in any way comparable in their own end?

Lindholm over the past 4 seasons has some of the best defensive metrics in the league all while playing the toughest minutes on the Ducks.

NateB19

Feb 25, 2016
This is why advanced stats need to be checked at times. As a Leaf fan, this is a f'ing ridiculous thing to say, lol. Calm down with your stats maybe watch a lil more hockey.
Dermott comparisons:
WAR: Jones, Skjei, Ghost, Brodin
WAR/min: Trouba, Theodore, Lindholm
GAR: Dumba, Brodin, Ghost
Zone entry and exit %: McDonagh, Slavin, Muzzin
Shot rates: Faulk, Slavin, Hedman, Sergachev

I watch plenty, but stats are also helpful. Lindholm is a better player but Dermott is not far off and has all the possibility to become just as good. It would be foolish to trade him at 22 when he's producing this way. It's not like TML are in a situation in which their window closes in the next 2 or 3 years and need to push for someone who is a bit better now. They have time. That's my point.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Things that are stupid:

Judging Hampus Lindholm based solely on his performance last year (when the Ducks were overall a tire fire)
Judging William Nylander based solely on his performance last year (when he shot 5.4%)
Saying Dermott is almost as good as Lindholm right now (because of excellent metrics in sub-top 6 minutes)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Am I missing something on Lindholm? His defensive stats are pretty average at around 50 CF%. Although, he starts way more shifts in the DZ on a pretty poor team. Dermott and Lindholm may be pretty even defensively, Dermott has a 55% with heavy OZ starts so it probably ends up balancing out. Both are lefties, Dermott was on pace for just under 25 pts at 22 y/o, and Lindholm paced for about 30 at 25 y/o. So far, Lindholm's best pace for points on the back end has been just below 40. Dermott has a slightly higher WAR/min while Lindholm has an even 1 WAR and Dermott comes in at .700. I'd go as far as to say Toronto would make a mistake trading Dermott for Lindholm straight up if cap didn't exist. The value difference here definitely isn't even a late first but to add Nylander? That's insane. Nylander makes a lot, yes, but he plays well defensively and had a pace for over 40 points last year in an "abysmal" season. I'd say if you set the over/under for his point pace this season at 55, I'm taking the over with everything I own. This trade is brutal for TML and the only thing they get out of it is losing a young defenseman for maybe a slightly better, slightly older one, about 2.5M in cap space, give away a winger who has hit 61 points at 20 and 21 and lose yet another 1st. That's 3 years in a row without a first and as a Rangers fan, I know that's a dangerous path.
Yikes

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Value favors ducks but that makes sense cause if you want the ducks to move their best player youll have to overpay a bit.... and the package is solid but id pass

Nylander is gunna bounce back, i dont think hes an 80 point player like people are suggesting but he should be a steady 60+ point guy. Anaheim is deep on winger no need really.

Dermott is decent prob a 4-6 guy imo, think he gets over rated a bit.

The 1st is 2 years out, by that time our young players will be workin into the line up and that 1st wont be that needed, + itll be late.

The trade makes us a worse team overall, were prob not in the market for trading dmen anymore, i also think there would be more appealing packages if we put lindholm on the table... that better fit the teams need.

Thought these threads were done

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Lol what? Love Lindholm but have to think Toronto laughs you out of the building for this one sided trade. How are you even a leafs fan?
He isn't a Leafs fan hes a troll who just tries to make Leafs fans look bad by posting outrageous trades that are universally unliked

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Chris pronger played on the second pairing for Anaheim

Yeah anyone who thinks Lindholm wouldn’t instantly be the Leafs best defensive defenseman and second best Dman overall is deluding themselves. Playing on the second pairing doesn’t mean he’s not a top pairing Dman on every team in the league.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah anyone who thinks Lindholm wouldn’t instantly be the Leafs best defensive defenseman and second best Dman overall is deluding themselves. Playing on the second pairing doesn’t mean he’s not a top pairing Dman on every team in the league.
Lindholm would be behind
Rielly
Muzzin
Barrie
Ceci
Dermot
Liljergren
Sandin
Lindholm

If you think differently ill respond with HAHA, i hate these threads i thought leaf and ducks dmen threads were against the rules now

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Dermott comparisons:
WAR: Jones, Skjei, Ghost, Brodin
WAR/min: Trouba, Theodore, Lindholm
GAR: Dumba, Brodin, Ghost
Zone entry and exit %: McDonagh, Slavin, Muzzin
Shot rates: Faulk, Slavin, Hedman, Sergachev

I watch plenty, but stats are also helpful. Lindholm is a better player but Dermott is not far off and has all the possibility to become just as good. It would be foolish to trade him at 22 when he's producing this way. It's not like TML are in a situation in which their window closes in the next 2 or 3 years and need to push for someone who is a bit better now. They have time. That's my point.

Lindholm is playing the toughest minutes on the Ducks while Dermott is getting sheltered minutes. Comparing their analytics is completely useless.

Dermott is a fine young defenseman, but his impact is not even close to Lindholm.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Lindholm would be behind
Rielly
Muzzin
Barrie
Ceci
Dermot
Liljergren
Sandin
Lindholm

If you think differently ill respond with HAHA, i hate these threads i thought leaf and ducks dmen threads were against the rules now
he could be behind Rielly, Barrie and if we get top end Muzzin maybe even him which would put Lindholm on the 3rd pair.
We are fairly deep on the right side so Kap is an option but we don't have the right add to go for Manson. Would need to be a decent player getting 2 mil maybe Hyman?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah I saw it, didn't see any 30 point players getting 7m.
Neither have I. Nylander came close if you only look at the first year( well 54 games) his cap hit was almost 7, but it would be silly to judge a player on the first 54 games of a new contract. No one could seriously argue that. Eberle just signed for 5.5 coming off a 37 point season and he just turned 29.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
he could be behind Rielly, Barrie and if we get top end Muzzin maybe even him which would put Lindholm on the 3rd pair.
We are fairly deep on the right side so Kap is an option but we don't have the right add to go for Manson. Would need to be a decent player getting 2 mil maybe Hyman?
I assure you every kings and avs fan would trade barrie and muzzin for lindholm pretty easily.

We have no rhd outside of manson he cant be moved

Reactions: Trojans86

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah the value in general is very good but this deal just doesn`t help Ducks at all, even the opposite actually.
Nylander would be our best winger but if we lose our best D in this deal, it doesn`t work for us even with those added pieces.

We will rather play this all out with the wingers we have (where some of them are inexperienced and unproven) but we keep our blueline SOMEWHAT respectable. But it is thin as hell, if anyone have a top4 RHD for cheaps, hit Bob Murray up :sarcasm:

Reactions: JackFr

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Yeah I saw it, didn't see any 30 point players getting 7m.

I guess his previous before seasons of 60 points don't mean nothing. Instead we will based it off a season where he had no training camp and missed the first part of the year. Good logic. Maybe use your head and realize camps are a bigger deal then you think. When he goes for over 60 this year are you going to say the same. How about in 3 to 4 years from now when his deal looks like a steal.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The value isn't terrible, but it doesn't fit a need for either team. Both teams decline, and are better off keeping their own pieces.

On the other hand, the Leafs sure could use Manson, but there is no way that Anaheim can move him either, (even with a sizable overpay) unless they want to try Holzer on their top pair....

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The value isn't terrible, but it doesn't fit a need for either team. Both teams decline, and are better off keeping their own pieces.

On the other hand, the Leafs sure could use Manson, but there is no way that Anaheim can move him either, (even with a sizable overpay) unless they want to try Holzer on their top pair....
Ya wed basically need a rhd back in the move... which wouldnt make sense for toronto

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Anaheim says Hell No

Leafs says yes please...getting a top pairing dman and helps solve CAP problem
bonus is to get rid of the overpaid softie

The Toronto fans say Nylander is Gretzky in one thread and complain about him being soft in next thread. Yawn

And Lindholm is a stud on an insanely good contract.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Without discussing team needs, this is waaaay too much value going in Anaheim's direction. Lindholm is obviously not worth that much.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
:ducks2

Nylander, William ($6,962,366)
Dermott, Travis ($863,333)
2021 1st round pick

:leafs

Lindholm, Hampus ($5,205,556)

Leafs blueline:
RiellyBarrie
LindholmCeci
Muzzin Liljegren
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Setting value aside, I'm surprised that nobody has said that the proposal is not actually possible (or if they did, I missed it). Toronto's 1st round pick in 2021 is already encumbered in the Marleau deal, since the 2020 1st is top 10 protected and becomes 2021 should the Leafs pick be top 10 in 2020. While it's extremely unlikely the Leaf's pick in 2020 is a top 10, it is still a condition of the Marleau trade and thus Toronto's 2021 first round pick cannot be traded to another team or used in an offer sheet until the decision is made on the 2020 pick next June.

Reactions: HockeyHead21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad