Proposal: Hampus Lindholm for Nylander + Dermott + 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019
Too substantial a package to give up for Hampus Lindholm.

If you think Nylander is even close to a cap dump, have fun trying to watch Anaheim try to score a goal this year.
Hey Stephen, I can give you 50 reasons why I should should be the one for you.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I love how all the leaf fans are like “ lol Toronto laughs in your face and hangs up” and everyone else is like “decent value but doesn’t make sense for Anaheim”. If leafs fans could look at it objectively for a second

•A young 60 point 2nd line scoring winger who doesn’t bring much else

•A young bottom pairing D who has top 4 potential

• a late 1st

For

• 25 year old fringe 1D who’s one of the best defensive dman in the league.

If the team names were reversed, leafs fans would be saying the exact same thing.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I love how all the leaf fans are like “ lol Toronto laughs in your face and hangs up” and everyone else is like “decent value but doesn’t make sense for Anaheim”. If leafs fans could look at it objectively for a second

•A young 60 point 2nd line scoring winger who doesn’t bring much else

•A young bottom pairing D who has top 4 potential

• a late 1st

For

• 25 year old fringe 1D who’s one of the best defensive dman in the league.

If the team names were reversed, leafs fans would be saying the exact same thing.
so if we reword it to fit reality
its a
young winger/center who has hit 60 twice and has 80 point potential
young D who looks like he will be top 4
1st

for a top pair D man who would play 2nd pair on Toronto

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
so if we reword it to fit reality
its a
young winger/center who has hit 60 twice and has 80 point potential
young D who looks like he will be top 4
1st

for a top pair D man who would play 2nd pair on Toronto

What makes you think Nylander has 80 point potential maybe, maybe if everything falls into place one year but he’s never gonna be an 80 point player year in year out. Who cares if Lindholm would play on the 2nd pair? That would be good for the leafs, they would finally have a good d core and could utilize them as 2 top pairings like Nashville did.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Of all teams, Leafs fans should know the importance of d-men. Trading Lindholm means the Ducks have 2 top 4 D, and no #1 (borderline or otherwise). If Nylander couldn't put up 70 (or even pace it) on an offensive powerhouse, there is no way he'd put that up on a Ducks team that's going to go through some growing pains over the next couple years as they incorporate young guys in. Ducks need to add a top 4, not subtract one, and just avoid big deals all together for the next few years. They aren't contenders to add big pieces

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
If you think Nylander is the player he was for the first 20 games last year then this is a fair proposal.

If you're smarter then that this trade makes zero sense.

Reactions: JackFr

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
I hate seeing rude replies but this trade is f***ing terrible and completely insane. Nylander could play center on most other teams, leafs are just stacked there. And everyone and their mother knows Nylanders having a massive rebound season. Dermott is a solid piece and has top 4 potential and then we throw a first on top of that.

Lindholm is a solid d man but leafs do not need another lefty. At all.

I want Ritchie though.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
I now know why you said what you did. But it is something I could never laugh at or agree with.

Yeah it wasn't great but I did say it.

Nylander Dermott and a 1st? C'mon mate that's an insane payment. Dermott is a legit offensive defenceman. You'll see this year. You think Leafs gonna add Nylander, let alone a 1st? It's not even close IMO.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019
Yeah it wasn't great but I did say it.

Nylander Dermott and a 1st? C'mon mate that's an insane payment. Dermott is a legit offensive defenceman. You'll see this year. You think Leafs gonna add Nylander, let alone a 1st? It's not even close IMO.
I mentioned revisiting this after the season when Nylander either bounces back or doesn’t. Same could apply to Dermott’s value.

I’m no nhl employee though so I definitely have no say.

NateB19

Feb 25, 2016
Am I missing something on Lindholm? His defensive stats are pretty average at around 50 CF%. Although, he starts way more shifts in the DZ on a pretty poor team. Dermott and Lindholm may be pretty even defensively, Dermott has a 55% with heavy OZ starts so it probably ends up balancing out. Both are lefties, Dermott was on pace for just under 25 pts at 22 y/o, and Lindholm paced for about 30 at 25 y/o. So far, Lindholm's best pace for points on the back end has been just below 40. Dermott has a slightly higher WAR/min while Lindholm has an even 1 WAR and Dermott comes in at .700. I'd go as far as to say Toronto would make a mistake trading Dermott for Lindholm straight up if cap didn't exist. The value difference here definitely isn't even a late first but to add Nylander? That's insane. Nylander makes a lot, yes, but he plays well defensively and had a pace for over 40 points last year in an "abysmal" season. I'd say if you set the over/under for his point pace this season at 55, I'm taking the over with everything I own. This trade is brutal for TML and the only thing they get out of it is losing a young defenseman for maybe a slightly better, slightly older one, about 2.5M in cap space, give away a winger who has hit 61 points at 20 and 21 and lose yet another 1st. That's 3 years in a row without a first and as a Rangers fan, I know that's a dangerous path.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Am I missing something on Lindholm? His defensive stats are pretty average at around 50 CF%. Although, he starts way more shifts in the DZ on a pretty poor team. Dermott and Lindholm may be pretty even defensively, Dermott has a 55% with heavy OZ starts so it probably ends up balancing out. Both are lefties, Dermott was on pace for just under 25 pts at 22 y/o, and Lindholm paced for about 30 at 25 y/o. So far, Lindholm's best pace for points on the back end has been just below 40. Dermott has a slightly higher WAR/min while Lindholm has an even 1 WAR and Dermott comes in at .700. I'd go as far as to say Toronto would make a mistake trading Dermott for Lindholm straight up if cap didn't exist. The value difference here definitely isn't even a late first but to add Nylander? That's insane. Nylander makes a lot, yes, but he plays well defensively and had a pace for over 40 points last year in an "abysmal" season. I'd say if you set the over/under for his point pace this season at 55, I'm taking the over with everything I own. This trade is brutal for TML and the only thing they get out of it is losing a young defenseman for maybe a slightly better, slightly older one, about 2.5M in cap space, give away a winger who has hit 61 points at 20 and 21 and lose yet another 1st. That's 3 years in a row without a first and as a Rangers fan, I know that's a dangerous path.

This is why advanced stats need to be checked at times. As a Leaf fan, this is a f'ing ridiculous thing to say, lol. Calm down with your stats maybe watch a lil more hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad