Hamonic who?

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Because skating has no defensive value?
It does, but it does nothing to help in the reasons Calgary's been scored on. They've scored what, two goals on the rush? Everything else has been set up in the zone and either tipped in front/scored off rebounds, or just been put in from their d-men. Kylington wouldnt really help to combat their play-style.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It does, but it does nothing to help in the reasons Calgary's been scored on. They've scored what, two goals on the rush? Everything else has been set up in the zone and either tipped in front/scored off rebounds, or just been put in from their d-men. Kylington wouldnt really help to combat their play-style.

The reasons for this are due to the huge territorial advantage the Stars have as a result of our lack of a transition game. If you think Kylington could help the transition game and allow us to spend less time defending, he would absolutely help our issues.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
The reasons for this are due to the huge territorial advantage the Stars have as a result of our lack of a transition game. If you think Kylington could help the transition game and allow us to spend less time defending, he would absolutely help our issues.
It would definitely help the team to have someone standing up at the line but as a young guy I can't assume he has that poise. Our lack of transition is even moreso based on our breakout and I'm unsure how Kylington would change that either since it feels we're never in positions to take passes in the d-zone.

I could see Kylington being useful for the breakout if he had the confidence to cut back into the zone and break it out like Backlund has been, but I don't have the faith for him to do be able to do it without a turnover after so long without playing an actual game. The time to put him in would've been early in the series, not in a do-or-die game.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I’ll miss him when the Flames have 2-3 guys down due to injury. Otherwise not really.

Edit - I also think he’s played his last game of professional hockey.
Could be right there, depending on his internal desire and condition of his daughter, family overall.
I have a mini inkling that the Jets are going to to try sign him, on the cheap-er for 1 year at least, for his lockerroom leadedship, mentorship to the young D roster they are likely going to employ this year. And, if they cannot resign Dylan Demelo, they exp'd r.h.s. dmen badly. Same with Flames, tho.
Pretty sure Hamonic was done with the Flames when he chose not to return to the "bubble" for the play-ins.
His contract is officially up now, I believe.
He is "free".

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Ah-ha. Brain pharrtt. Maybe they should change their play-style? Being not effective with your players, playing the "coaches desired play-style", you should probably: a) change all your players, or b) change your coaching play-style, to fit your rosters' skill-set. No?

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Ah-ha. Brain pharrtt. Maybe they should change their play-style? Being not effective with your players, playing the "coaches desired play-style", you should probably: a) change all your players, or b) change your coaching play-style, to fit your rosters' skill-set. No?
This is actually a good point. When the Flames were good they were applying constant pressure, and using speed to breakout out of the zone negating the forecheck. Kylington's skills are built for a quick breakout so he would actually have helped execute the plan the Flames tried in the start of game 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad