Hamonic who?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Travis opened up the door for our true #2 Fat Ras to ascend. Good in him for wanting to take care of his family and making us a better team.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He did us a favour by letting us play Andersson in the top 4. Great guy.
Yep. I don't know what took them so long.

Though to be fair, Andersson's development has been pretty insane. I remember watching him in Barrie, being impressed by his offensive skillset but thinking he'd never be able to defend because he was so slow, soft, and lazy. He may never be fast but his skating has come a long way, and he's added a ton of grit to his game.

Funny to read scouting reports from his draft year:

"The big red flag though is hockey sense and positioning, as he doesn’t always read the play well. He also could use more work on his defensive intensity. There are shifts where Andersson seems to be a bit nonchalant out on the ice and this has hurt his stock. If he can solve those defensive issues, the offense is there to be a first round talent. He also needs to add more muscle, as Andersson can be overmuscled in the corners or in front of the net."

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Anybody wishing that the Flames #4 d-man was still in the lineup? What with how protected the players are in the bubble do you think Hamonic made the right decision to opt out? Was it a blessing in disguise for the team?
Not missing Travis at all. Our defence is much better without him I'm afraid.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Anybody wishing that the Flames #4 d-man was still in the lineup? What with how protected the players are in the bubble do you think Hamonic made the right decision to opt out? Was it a blessing in disguise for the team?
I truly haven't even noticed his absence.

Love him as a person, but he doesn't do a lot to improve our lineup anymore.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
That opens up some problems.

Likely that you’d be forced into a situation where one of Kylington or Gustafsson have to kill penalties if one of Brodie, Giordano, Hanifin or Andersson take a penalty.

Not to mention a Kylington-Gustafsson pair would be ripe for the pickings in the DZ.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Let's not pretend Forbort, Andersson, Gio, Hanifin haven't coughed up pucks all playoffs long.

Gio at the end of second period in last game which lead to penalty and Stars goal is a good example.

I havent followed other teams that much but I often get the feeling that Flames are missing that final killer instinct or something. Too often they seem to try too fancy things at D zone, or stop playing at 100% when there's 30 seconds left in the period. Coaching or leadership issue I'd guess

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Gio at the end of second period in last game which lead to penalty and Stars goal is a good example.

I havent followed other teams that much but I often get the feeling that Flames are missing that final killer instinct or something. Too often they seem to try too fancy things at D zone, or stop playing at 100% when there's 30 seconds left in the period. Coaching or leadership issue I'd guess

They're not missing the Killer Instinct.

They're missing the Kyling Instinct

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->