Rumor: Hamonic wants to come to Western Canada...START YOUR BIDDING!

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I mostly agree with CC I always thought that hamonic was kind of overrated as a player, he's on a fantastic contract and is absolutely a great #3 though. no one should be moving brodie, tanev, trouba or nurse for him. it's hard to gauge what he's actually worth, players of his ilk usually aren't traded (young top 4 dman on good contracts)

hearing that the wild are heavily in on hamonic, I wouldn't move scandella for him personally as I think he's better and has chemistry with a lot of guys in their system.

will be interesting to see what he returns

I think he's going to end up in his hometown with the Jets. Something around Myers for Hamonic probably works for both sides. That NYI defence is pretty soft and could use a guy like him imo

Side question: out of Myers, Hamonic and Bogosian, who do you pick?

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
VAN: Hey I heard about Hamonic. Let's make a deal.
NYI: We need a D ba-
VAN: Biega, Clendenning, Jordan Subban, 2nd
NYI: We need a direct replacement, and you've already traded Clendenning
VAN: We're not trading you Sbisa *hangs up

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I think he's going to end up in his hometown with the Jets. Something around Myers for Hamonic probably works for both sides. That NYI defence is pretty soft and could use a guy like him imo

Side question: out of Myers, Hamonic and Bogosian, who do you pick?
Ive never been big on Myers or Bogosian so Id take Hamonic over them.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
VAN: Hey I heard about Hamonic. Let's make a deal.
NYI: We need a D ba-
VAN: Biega, Clendenning, Jordan Subban, 2nd
NYI: We need a direct replacement, and you've already traded Clendenning
VAN: We're not trading you Sbisa *hangs up

:laugh:

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I know earlier I said don't want to trade Tanev but thought of bigger deal. How about Tanev, Brock Boeser and Jared McCann for Hamonic, Mathew Barzal and Ryan Pulock?

Islanders get the D replacement for Hamonic, get a promising power forward in Boeser and McCann a skilled forward.

Canucks get Hamonic, Barzal who we wanted all along at draft and Pulock another promising RD.

Islanders forward prospects lack grit according to Hockey Futures Boeser helps this and Canucks need more D prospects. I think this trade helps both clubs and value is pretty close IMHO.

Last edited:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
that's awful for the islanders. ryan pulock and matt barzal are blue chippers.

it's like us trading edler + mccann + horvat for burns + goldobin + wingles

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
as much as I love tanev id do it. im sure the islanders wouldn't though. im pretty sure they think hamonic is better than tanev (he isn't)

Snow is not gonna get what he wants but I think this deal helps both clubs going forward. We need D and they need more grit upfront and to accomodate Hamonic's request before it gets ugly and he stops playing if he really wants to go somewhere else.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Doesn't sound like Hamonic is even being rumoured to come here at all, and from what I've seen speculated, he prefers to be in the more "central western" part of Canada or even the states(MIN/COL).

Also, he seems to be fine with letting Snow take his time in finding the right deal so I wouldn't be surprised if this drags out until the draft(must be a bit awkward in the locker room though).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Doesn't sound like Hamonic is even being rumoured to come here at all, and from what I've seen speculated, he prefers to be in the more "central western" part of Canada or even the states(MIN/COL).

Also, he seems to be fine with letting Snow take his time in finding the right deal so I wouldn't be surprised if this drags out until the draft(must be a bit awkward in the locker room though).

I don't know where his family is based now? But assuming it is close to where he is brought up - Vancouver is basically the same as New York except for us being in the "right" conference.

Minnesota makes at least as much sense as Vancouver in terms of travelling back home more often.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I don't know where his family is based now? But assuming it is close to where he is brought up - Vancouver is basically the same as New York except for us being in the "right" conference.

Minnesota makes at least as much sense as Vancouver in terms of travelling back home more often.

my math may suck (being an oiler fan that is expected)

Vancouver to the peg 2'314 KM
Minny to the peg 763km

about 1'500km difference

from what I heard over the weekend--the jets are in it full but they are trying to rejig their D and add a FW as well--my gutt tells my it will be the jets or wild who win this horse race

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver

This issue is impacted by clearing Customs. Also, connecting flights. Vancouver to Winnipeg is a direct flight or one hop, several times a day.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
This issue is impacted by clearing Customs. Also, connecting flights. Vancouver to Winnipeg is a direct flight or one hop, several times a day.

I'd wager most every Canadian and US player have a Nexus pass and if not they are not difficult to get so I doubt customs is a big concern. Direct flight from Minneapolis and honestly not a terrible drive either.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'd wager most every Canadian and US player have a Nexus pass and if not they are not difficult to get so I doubt customs is a big concern. Direct flight from Minneapolis and honestly not a terrible drive either.

I don't know anything about his situation but it could be less about him going home and more about this person / people visiting Hamonic. The person / people in question might have a criminal record, for example. (I have absolutely zero knowledge of the situation and just putting a complete hypothetical out there that would make Canada a preferable destination.)

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I don't know anything about his situation but it could be less about him going home and more about this person / people visiting Hamonic. The person / people in question might have a criminal record, for example. (I have absolutely zero knowledge of the situation and just putting a complete hypothetical out there that would make Canada a preferable destination.)

Some Islanders fans think a family member might have a long term illness that would make them ineligible to get visas or permanent residency status in the US.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
^ Shame that's not even true this season, let alone in 'forever'. Colin White, Kyle Connor and Jack Roslovic have higher GPG — all from the same draft.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If the Wild get him, I'm guessing Garth Snow will be targeting Jared Spurgeon as part of the deal which would be a smart move.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Have to worry about the mindset of a kid dealing (potentially) with family issues.

Trading for the kid and not having his head in the game could make things worse if he comes to a Canadian city where the media scrutiny increases if he doesn't play up to the standard expected.

Tough situation all round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad