Rumor: Hamonic wants to come to Western Canada...START YOUR BIDDING!

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Meh..... there is no way we can outbid Chiarelli with all of his young assets, and if he doesn't land him, Edmonton will riot.

that said, our soon to be FAs plus a 2nd will be a good starting point. Hammer, Vrbby, Shink, 2nd from Torts.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
top four of tanev, hamonic, edler and hutton for the forseeable future wouldn't be bad at all

and that hamonic contract is a ridiculous bargain...3.857 cap hit through 2020 (just 0.2 million above the cap hit for sbisa)

problem is that winnipeg and edmonton can easily outbid vancouver in this one, and if the islanders want a comparable player then the only candidate the canucks can throw in the deal is tanev

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Have not sucked long enough as the Oilers or Jets to have the assets to trade for him, do not want to deal any of our young prospects we have finally accumulated.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I wouldn't move Tanev or Hutton as it seems counter-productive to the direction our team is heading.

I probably wouldn't offer more than Edler + Cassels (or maybe Edler+Demko for Hamonic+Ilya Sorokin). People act like Hamonic is miles ahead of Edler, but I don't see it, and the Isles are in a situation where Hamonic might not hold his full value. For the Canucks they get a guy who is 4 years young, holds a cheaper cap hit, and has a right handed shot to give our lineup more balance.

But alas, I don't see Edler waiving his NTC, and I have a feeling Edmonton might go HAM on their offer for him seeing as he's exactly the type of player they need and have been looking for for a few years (and they definitely have the assets to acquire him).

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Have not sucked long enough as the Oilers or Jets to have the assets to trade for him, do not want to deal any of our young prospects we have finally accumulated.

They want to win now.

I suggest

Hamhuis
Vrbata
Higgins

or

Edler (50% retained)

Doubt 2nd deal is plausible, Edler would laugh and play even harder.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
They want to win now, they don't want prospects.

Higgins and Vrbata are the pieces with Hamhuis or Edler.

Higgins (50% retained)
Vrbata
Edler

1st
Hamonic

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Edler won't waive his NTC, Hamhuis isn't enough and I don't want to trade Tanev.

I think Hamonic is a great player but we just don't have the pieces to acquire him :(

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Edler won't waive his NTC, Hamhuis isn't enough and I don't want to trade Tanev.

I think Hamonic is a great player but we just don't have the pieces to acquire him :(

Pretty much this, but you never know maybe if Edler was asked he would go. :dunno:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
He's okay, kind of overrated. Wouldn't move Edler for him but if they're looking to compete I'd easily offer up Hamhuis+futures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad