News: Hamonic suspended without pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Strange how tight lipped everyone is about this. You kind of have to assume the real reason behind it is not favorable. I've got my popcorn ready.

Reactions: voxel

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
The silence around this is curious. Still doesn't seem like a straight-up anti-vax play. I hope he and his family are okay.

Will be interesting to see how the Canucks use the cap space to shore up the D.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I hate to speculate, so I will leave this to others.
I will say this tho, Clearly when he decided to not go down to the AHL, It was obvious he would be suspended without pay.
So the Canucks now have an extra 3m in Cap space which is nice

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
the spread of misinformation has really microwaved a lot of people's brains. This is the 'television will rot your brain' moment except it's actually happening

It goes both ways. Get educated and make you own decision.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
So by doing this the Canucks have reduced their cap by $3Mill?

Previously they had him buried in the ahl which cost them 1.875 million…. Now that is zero so technically they’ve reduced their cap by the lower number.
Yes the cap number is reduced but they’re already deep in LTIR. They get no additional space from this move.

never mind they do get approximately that buried relief of $1.9ish

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I hate to speculate, so I will leave this to others.
I will say this tho, Clearly when he decided to not go down to the AHL, It was obvious he would be suspended without pay.
So the Canucks now have an extra 3m in Cap space which is nice

Timing is everything though, no one left on the market.

Time to trade for Stetcher? :naughty:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
the spread of misinformation has really microwaved a lot of people's brains. This is the 'television will rot your brain' moment except it's actually happening
In all fairness, there is no info that has been spread. It's a spread of internet rumors at this stage and nothing more.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Not sure what the cap implications are, if any, but make complete sense from an ownership POV. I wouldn't expect tp get paid if I don't show up to work either.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Some of us don't have the time to gather 6 years of education and countless additional years of experience to make a truly educated decision. That's why we have professionals with those qualifications.....or, you know, random youtubers and twitter users who clearly know more.
Do I say you need to listen to random YouTuber or Twitter? Maybe that education means to you but not me.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Strange how tight lipped everyone is about this. You kind of have to assume the real reason behind it is not favorable. I've got my popcorn ready.

i'm not here to speculate on what's going on in hamonic's life, but there is some organizational precedent to this.

in the spring of 2008, luongo had an extremely major family situation and the vancouver media made it very public and reported on it in a very invasive tabloidy way, speculating on it affecting his play, reporting about his whereabouts on days off, etc.

the team probably could have handled it better, in terms of protecting him. dave nonis was in the offseason and was replaced by mike gillis, who operated with a total cone of silence when it came to players' personal lives (see: rypien, kassian).

luongo was never the same, either in his on ice play (which was still very very good, but the peak 2004 to 2007 luongo was gone), and his relationship to the city was also never the same.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Good. f*** him

f*** him because his daughter is sick? You are a mean person.

"Last year, we spent the longest, scariest and hardest week of our lives by our daughter's hospital bedside. We were unsure of what would come next or where this would lead, but with God's strength our little girl fought her respiratory virus and recovered. During that long week, we were helpless and couldn’t do anything to help her except hold her little hands, kiss her head and pray. We saw what a respiratory virus can do to our healthy little girl and it’s something no parent wants or should go through. Now blessed with our second child, a baby boy at home, the risk of today's COVID-19 pandemic is a very difficult one to weigh as parents.“

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Again, none of us really know what the story is. As Drance said, the Canucks have been cagey about it. From day 1, no information provided.

In Bennings interview last week, he said they were working to get Hamonic the help he needed. That sure doesn’t sound like a vaccine issue.

We know millions of people choose/can’t get vaccinated. We know he has an immune-comprised daughter. We knows he’s a great family man.

We don’t know much else, Canucks truly do need a release a statement to put this speculation to bed

Reactions: HomelessPepper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad