Injury Report: Hamonic out week to week with facial fracture

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

Good to see Gudbranson knew it was a bad hit.

As for Hammer, I've respected him so much since we've acquired him with all the stuff he does in the community and how he's always sticking up for teammates, he had a solid pre-season and played well with Hanifin Wednesday too even though he was injured, hopefully he doesn't miss too much time and when he comes back, he can keep the solid play up that we've seen since September so far.

Hamonic is just straight up a solid dude.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

As for Hammer, I've respected him so much since we've acquired him with all the stuff he does in the community and how he's always sticking up for teammates, he had a solid pre-season and played well with Hanifin Wednesday too even though he was injured, hopefully he doesn't miss too much time and when he comes back, he can keep the solid play up that we've seen since September so far.

Yeah.. Gudbranson is a relatively clean player. Lets not start a war here. Lets move on. Revenge isn't necessary. No need to for us to play short a d-man for 7 minutes (2 min. instigating/ 5 min fighting major)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Clicked on the link. This is what I get...
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Stone was not better than andersson. If both were paid the same, its likely andersson would be in the NHL right now.
Man, this argument gets old. I love Andersson and I didn’t catch much preseason so he very well could have been better than Stone.

But people need to realize is not good enough for prospects to be better than veterans for a 5 game sample in preseason. They’re fighting against the entire career and resume of veterans.

Reactions: Cyrano

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Man, this argument gets old. I love Andersson and I didn’t catch much preseason so he very well could have been better than Stone.

But people need to realize is not good enough for prospects to be better than veterans for a 5 game sample in preseason. They’re fighting against the entire career and resume of veterans.
I've said this every year since I signed up, the same people will complain every year

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wish Hamonic a speedy recovery. He’s the definition of what a good teammate should be.

I’m also excited for Andersson, let’s see what you got kid.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Rematch time...
Prout to avenge Dube, Hamonic and himself...

Wow, that was a long fight. Both guys were gassed by the end.

There's lots to like about both these quotes.

I wish Hamonic a speedy recovery. He’s the definition of what a good teammate should be.

I think we can all agree Hamonic is a straight up good human being.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think we can all agree Hamonic is a straight up good human being.

'Good human being' is massively underrating Hamonic's character.

Hated seeing Hammer get hurt, not surprised at what he did as that is exactly who he is. I posted that he was character+++ when the deal was initially made, I wasn't exaggerating.

Wishing him a fast recovery, he is still beloved by this Isles fan!

Good luck the rest of the season.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Sucks for Hamonic that he has to pay the price because Treliving built a gutless team that doesnt have players capable of standing up for the kid.

No Engelland, no Ferland, no nothing. And the PP cant make them pay on the scoreboard either.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Canucks' Gudbranson ready for whatever comes his way in rematch - Sportsnet.ca

Was a good read. Of note, Gudbranson says he was trying to time the hit with Dube getting the pass, realized immediately he screwed up, and tried to hold back on the hit. And he says that he apologized to Dube, that he knew it was a bad hit. Feels bad he hurt Hamonic, but that's part of the fight. Really respects Hamonic coming to Dubes defense, and if theres a fight with Prout it is what it is.

It's kind if refreshing to hear a guy go,yeah, I screwed up, and I feel like he genuinely means everything he says. I don't like the hit, but I don't feel like harboring any bad feelings to him after this read.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Canucks' Gudbranson ready for whatever comes his way in rematch - Sportsnet.ca

Was a good read. Of note, Gudbranson says he was trying to time the hit with Dube getting the pass, realized immediately he screwed up, and tried to hold back on the hit. And he says that he apologized to Dube, that he knew it was a bad hit. Feels bad he hurt Hamonic, but that's part of the fight. Really respects Hamonic coming to Dubes defense, and if theres a fight with Prout it is what it is.

It's kind if refreshing to hear a guy go,yeah, I screwed up, and I feel like he genuinely means everything he says. I don't like the hit, but I don't feel like harboring any bad feelings to him after this read.

Never been a Gudbranson fan, I thought he was overrated in Florida and dogshit in Vancouver. I still don't think he's very good, especially for what he's paid. That being said, I respect when a guy owns up to his mistakes.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Call me an old school. He injured our important player, he has to pay for it. Let's see how he can match up with Prout.
He matches up well. He's fought him before and had no trouble. We have nobody on our team that would teach Gudbranson a lesson. Let's not forget he's 6'5", 220lbs and a good fighter.

He made a bad play, had to fight, won that fight and now it's over. You wanna keep sending guys after him until HIS face is busted!?

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
He matches up well. He's fought him before and had no trouble. We have nobody on our team that would teach Gudbranson a lesson. Let's not forget he's 6'5", 220lbs and a good fighter.

He made a bad play, had to fight, won that fight and now it's over. You wanna keep sending guys after him until HIS face is busted!?

Nah, just want to make sure this won't happen again. He can always decline ;)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Call me an old school. He injured our important player, he has to pay for it. Let's see how he can match up with Prout.
We played them at home after this happened, nothing happened and nothing will happen. All Gudbranson did is answer the bell when challenged by Hamonic, blaming him for that and seeking retribution for that is nothing short of stupid. I love Hamonic, but his injury is on him, not Gudbranson.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Which player are you talking about? Dube or Hamonic?
Actually forget I even asked. It really doesn't matter because your thirst for vengeance is stupid.

Get over it. Move on. Gudbranson doesn't have to pay for anything.. Bad things sometimes happen and unintentional bad things happen too. Its hockey.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Given that this is a Hamonic thread, and Hamonic is the one who was injured...

Still, I'm as old time hockey as the next guy but Gudbranson answered the bell when Hamonic came calling. Situation over. Play on.
Exactly. Gudbranson lived up to the old school code and that IMO is enough. Honestly, it wasn't even a case where I'd expect Gudbranson to reach out to Hammer, the fact he did says alot about the character of Gudbranson.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Given that this is a Hamonic thread, and Hamonic is the one who was injured...
Well if you want to split hairs the Hamonic fight and injury solely came about because of the Dube check and injury... but as I said in my next sentence... it really doesn't matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad