Injury Report: Hamonic out week to week with facial fracture

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
This sucks, he had a good game and now he is out already with Prout as his replacement. barf

Rasmus is already recalled so please for the love of hockey play him over Prout or Stone. If for some stupid reason (muh toughness and grit) you need to put Prout in, sit Stone. Enough of these big slow d-men who can't do f*** all out there and get walked every shift.

Reactions: Cyrano

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
This sucks, he had a good game and now he is out already with Prout as his replacement. barf

Rasmus is already recalled so please for the love of hockey play him over Prout or Stone. If for some stupid reason (muh toughness and grit) you need to put Prout in, sit Stone. Enough of these big slow d-men who can't do **** all out there and get walked every shift.

If you want to stop guys getting walked every shift why put in the much weaker defensive player in Andersson over a good defensive guy like Stone?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If you want to stop guys getting walked every shift why put in the much weaker defensive player in Andersson over a good defensive guy like Stone?

I think I'm gonna go laugh now. If not for contracts, andersson would be in the nhl right now.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Stone was not better than andersson. If both were paid the same, its likely andersson would be in the NHL right now.

You think the Flames are making decisions on the roster based on who is paid more?

What reason do we have to believe that other than your incorrect belief that Andersson is better than Stone?

If that was how decisions were being made why was Brouwer bought out? Why is Valimaki playing and Kulak waived?

What benefit do the Flames get by playing a guy making more money in their line-up over Andersson? Why not just waive Prout and have Stone sit in the PB and have Andersson play if he is the better player?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You think the Flames are making decisions on the roster based on who is paid more?

What reason do we have to believe that other than your incorrect belief that Andersson is better than Stone?

If that was how decisions were being made why was Brouwer bought out? Why is Valimaki playing and Kulak waived?

What benefit do the Flames get by playing a guy making more money in their line-up over Andersson? Why not just waive Prout and have Stone sit in the PB and have Andersson play if he is the better player?

Because stone is paid 3.5 million. A guy like that is not going to be sat, and even treliving said andersson should be in the NHL. Kulak was waved twice this summer and is making 900k, so it's not the same circumstance. I have no beef against stone, but he definitely was not as good as andersson.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Because stone is paid 3.5 million. A guy like that is not going to be sat, and even treliving said andersson should be in the NHL. Kulak was waved twice this summer and is making 900k, so it's not the same circumstance. I have no beef against stone, but he definitely was not as good as andersson.

You mean like how the Flames wouldn't sit the 5.25 million dollar man Wideman?

Oh wait.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

That is a big assumption that doesn't go along at all with what the team has done.

Passing off Kulak as different is only because it fits your narrative. You ignore Brouwer who they waived, understandly because it hurts your narrative, you provide zero evidence that Stone is playing in the line-up only because of his salary. And then passing off Wideman again because it doesn't fit the narrative.

If salary made their decisions why is prized FA Neal on the 3rd line while cheap Czarnik is up with the 2nd line?

Treliving saying Andersson is ready for the NHL doesn't come close to proving that Stone is playing because of his contract.

And Stone is easily better than Andersson, it isn't even close but I understand he isnt a shiny new toy so people are going to go with the young guy because he is young.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
That is a big assumption that doesn't go along at all with what the team has done.

Passing off Kulak as different is only because it fits your narrative. You ignore Brouwer who they waived, understandly because it hurts your narrative, you provide zero evidence that Stone is playing in the line-up only because of his salary. And then passing off Wideman again because it doesn't fit the narrative.

If salary made their decisions why is prized FA Neal on the 3rd line while cheap Czarnik is up with the 2nd line?

Treliving saying Andersson is ready for the NHL doesn't come close to proving that Stone is playing because of his contract.

And Stone is easily better than Andersson, it isn't even close but I understand he isnt a shiny new toy so people are going to go with the young guy because he is young.

What does brouwer have to do with this? We had to waive him because we needed to sign hanifin and have some cap space left. He would still be a flames if Neal wasn't brought in. And what does wideman have to do with this either? Both the advanced stats and eye test say andersson is better than stone. Again, nothing against stone, but saying he's much better than andersson is just false.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
What does brouwer have to do with this? We had to waive him because we needed to sign hanifin and have some cap space left. He would still be a flames if Neal wasn't brought in. And what does wideman have to do with this either? Both the advanced stats and eye test say andersson is better than stone. Again, nothing against stone, but saying he's much better than andersson is just false.

They are both guys who the made money but the Flames sat or bought out so that better players could play. If the Flames were making roster decisions on salary Brouwer wouldn't have been bought out and Wideman wouldn't have sat.

Again you have shown zero proof that the Flames are making decisions based on salary and there are examples of them doing the exact opposite.

I guess I am trying to figure out why we should think that in this one case they have ignored everything they have done in the past and are currently doing and ignore reasons that make a lot more sense and jump to the idea that Stone is only playing because of salary. To me it makes sense to go with the reasons that have evidence and reason to them.

The eye test certainly does not say Andersson is better than Stone. And besides being useless no matter what the sample size, the sample size is definitely too small to worry about "advanced" stats when it comes to Andersson.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
They are both guys who the made money but the Flames sat or bought out so that better players could play. If the Flames were making roster decisions on salary Brouwer wouldn't have been bought out and Wideman wouldn't have sat.

Again you have shown zero proof that the Flames are making decisions based on salary and there are examples of them doing the exact opposite.

I guess I am trying to figure out why we should think that in this one case they have ignored everything they have done in the past and are currently doing and ignore reasons that make a lot more sense and jump to the idea that Stone is only playing because of salary. To me it makes sense to go with the reasons that have evidence and reason to them.

The eye test certainly does not say Andersson is better than Stone. And besides being useless no matter what the sample size, the sample size is definitely too small to worry about "advanced" stats when it comes to Andersson.

This argument is never going to get anywhere, so let's just agree to disagree. I think stone is a solid bottom pairing guy, but in my opinion, andersson looked better in the pre-season (he got top pairing minutes with gio against nhlers and held his own).

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
This argument is never going to get anywhere, so let's just agree to disagree. I think stone is a solid bottom pairing guy, but in my opinion, andersson looked better in the pre-season (he got top pairing minutes with gio against nhlers and held his own).

Its not going anywhere because you refuse to provide any proof to support your ridiculous theory.

What makes most sense is that coaches and management think Stone is the better player or at worst the better fit for the roster. You are welcome to disagree with the assessment that they made but to suggest that salary is the reason and provide no evidence or reason for it is crazy.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Stone is bottom 5 for worst players in the league. Literally he is one of the worst players in the league. What in the f*** are you people seeing out there from him? He gets walked every shift. He loses every puck battle he is in. He can't make an outlet pass successfully. He can't clear the front of the net (ffs yesterday he cross checked one of our guys in the face and proceeded to fall down on top). He can't shoot the puck and hit the net.

Just atrocious.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
What a class act from Hamonic, getting hurt so the kids can play. Another example of how good a guy he is

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Stone is bottom 5 for worst players in the league. Literally he is one of the worst players in the league. What in the **** are you people seeing out there from him? He gets walked every shift. He loses every puck battle he is in. He can't make an outlet pass successfully. He can't clear the front of the net (ffs yesterday he cross checked one of our guys in the face and proceeded to fall down on top). He can't shoot the puck and hit the net.

Just atrocious.

I think the main difference from those that disagree with you is that we are watching the games instead of ranting about things that don't actually happen because we have a personal grudge against the guy.

I think if you watched Stone play rather than think of made up things you can rant about you might start to see what others, include media, NHL executives, coaches, other NHL players etc., see in him.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad