Proposal: Hamilton - Pastrnak

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
It's either the Flames D isn't as good as you think
or the Flames would have made the playoffs
Pick your poison Flames homers

No, because the Flames offense was one of the worst in the league this season. You can have the best D in the league but if your offense sucks, it doesn't matter. Flames D by every metrics including goals against is definitely top 10. Special teams don't count because that's more of a system than actual defense. Polak for example excelled throughout his career on the PK, does that make him good defensively? NO.

When a pairing was top in the leagues in every single advanced metrics, they are definitely an elite pairing.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
So despite having a #1C, a top 5W (according to flames fans), a good/not greater starter, TWO #1D and two other top 4D... the Flames still managed to miss the playoffs?

Maybe it's just time to realize your D isn't as good as you say it is. You were like 19th in GA for a reason...

I dont' consider Monahan a 1C. Gaudreau is a top 10W, not top 5 by my standards. Smith is a good starter but he imploded at key moments. Our backups suck. A lot of teams have 2 1D and 2 top 4D man. LA, San Jose, Nashville, St. Louis, Tampa, Winnipeg, etc. Yet LA barely made the playoffs, St. Louis missed as well.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
McAvoy
Carlo
Millar
McQuaid

Bruins are one of the few teams deep at RD... and they already know about Dougie Hamilton and that for their money, he isn’t worth the price tag.

This makes absolutely no sense and won’t happen.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
He is a number 1 D-man on a steal of a contract. You have to pay a premium price for one of those.
Can't tell if you're a caps fan or a calgary fan undercover.

Rielly is amazing and I still don't think he gets you Pasta. You either have not watched a lot of Pasta or are a huge flames homer. Heck, if Boston didn't get eliminated from the playoffs, Pasta was in contention for the conn smythe. Someone of that esque gets you more than "Dougie Hamilton"

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So, by this metric + logic, if you think that Hamilton is worth Pastrnak, then Krug is worth Gaudreau?
Where did I say Hamilton is worth pastrnak? I clearly said it doesn't make sense for the Bruins

Read the posts before responding so you don't look like a moron

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Where did I say Hamilton is worth pastrnak? I clearly said it doesn't make sense for the Bruins

Read the posts before responding so you don't look like a moron

Maybe English is not your native tongue as well (it isn't mine), but I thought that "it doesn't make sense for Boston" =/= "Hamilton isn't worth Pastrnak".
To me "it doesn't make sense for Boston" means that it's not a deal Boston would make solely because it is not what they need personnel wise. As in they have that position (Hamilton's) already covered. It doesn't say anything about if it is a fair value of a trade, now does it?

On the other hand, you mentioning that "the value isn't far off", "Dougie is a 1D" and the whining about how unfair it is to judge Butter Dougie by his complete game (as opposed to only his offensive prowess), seemed to point to the idea that you thought that Hamilton for Pastrnak was a fair deal? If you think that Pastrnak has significantly more value than Butter Dougie, just say it outright and settle this. Easy stuff...

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I dont' consider Monahan a 1C. Gaudreau is a top 10W, not top 5 by my standards. Smith is a good starter but he imploded at key moments. Our backups suck. A lot of teams have 2 1D and 2 top 4D man. LA, San Jose, Nashville, St. Louis, Tampa, Winnipeg, etc. Yet LA barely made the playoffs, St. Louis missed as well.

You literally just listed off some of the best teams in the league, so yes teams like the Jets, Press, Tampa and Sharks have two #1D, hence why they they'e great teams. St. Louis is your one comparable and even then they missed the playoffs on the last game of the year and I've seen 0 Blues fans say they have two #1D (I'm assuming you mean Parayko who 99% say he has the POTENTIAL to be a #1). Finally, LA?? Who the hell is their other #1D?? Goodluck finding even the biggest LA homer who would call Muzzin or Martinez a #1D this past season.

You don't miss the playoffs by 11points with the D you think you have.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He is literally not "stuck at 70 pt range": he JUST had 80 points... and he added 20 points in 12 games in the playoffs, to lead his team (and only 1 point behind the overall lead)... At age 21, while signed long term at a very reasonable cap (6.66m), with minimal signing bonuses (only 3m of the remaining 33.3m left).

His value IS sky high.

And when you say that he has "potential to do more", I imagine the next step up would be 100-110 points, I guess. If he would reach that, for Hamilton to be worth that level of performance, he'd have to become prime Karlsson. And I don't think that'll ever happen.

All in all, Pastrnak's value >>>> Hamilton's. I think it will remain like this too.
While I agree with almost everything, that last statement is overkill. One ">" is plenty because the difference is not nearly as awful as you are making it out to be. It's fine to disagree and explain why, but no need to go full Oiler

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
That would be quit the fleecing dont think treliving would be able to do this without atleast a few draft picks bostons way.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Boston hangs up, and let's your calls go straight to voicemail from now on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad