Proposal: Hamilton - Pastrnak

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Isnt the guy that traded him for picks still running the Bruins?

"Hi Don, looks like you traded Dougie for a bunch of busts. We'll give him back for your best young and potential franchise player"
In this deal, it would not make sense, you're right. Do not even think for a second that Hamilton is less valuable than Pastrnak though.

Reactions: MoneyHandsMonahan

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Potential? He just had 70 an 80 point seasons. Hes the real deal and getting better.

I know what he did, I meant he has potential to do even more and if he does that his value will be sky high.

If he is stuck at 70 pt range, his value it not higher than a top pairing dman.

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
I think youre overvauling Hamilton just like a bunch of people in this thread. Hes soft and its well known. Thats not what you want in a TOP PAIRING dman( which Hamilton is not).

Reactions: BruinLVGA

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think youre overvauling Hamilton just like a bunch of people in this thread. Hes soft and its well known. Thats not what you want in a TOP PAIRING dman( which Hamilton is not).

Well, he is not a tough defensive dman. That doesnt mean he is soft. There are few at his age that can generate more offense. There is no doubt he is a f***ing top pairing dman.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I think Pastrnak is a good young player, but his production is someone tied to playing with Marchand and Bergeron. They tried him on the 2nd line this year and it didn't work out so well for him. Considering what a top pairing defenseman goes for these days, the value is pretty even. An argument can be made that Hamilton could command more considering Pastrnak is a winger.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
He is a number 1 d-man and there should not even be a debate about it. I can pull up some advanced stats if you want? Just to further prove my point.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He is a number 1 D-man on a steal of a contract. You have to pay a premium price for one of those.

He's a #1D in the same sense that Krug is (aka only one end of the ice). Pastrnak is also on an even better contract, 4 years younger, and while already being PPG he still has plenty of room to grow.

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
I think Pastrnak is a good young player, but his production is someone tied to playing with Marchand and Bergeron. They tried him on the 2nd line this year and it didn't work out so well for him. Considering what a top pairing defenseman goes for these days, the value is pretty even. An argument can be made that Hamilton could command more considering Pastrnak is a winger.

Argument to be made? Only by flame fans its seems like. I think Marchand and Bergerons production is tied to playing with Pastrnak.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
He's a #1D in the same sense that Krug is (aka only one end of the ice). Pastrnak is also on an even better contract, 4 years younger, and while already being PPG he still has plenty of room to grow.
I can't comment on Krug because I rarely watch him play, but Hamilton is solid in his own zone. I do not know where you got that from?

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Hamiltons getting overrated by alot of my fellow flames fans. He doesnt come close to Pastarnak

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Hamiltons getting overrated by alot of my fellow flames fans. He doesnt come close to Pastarnak
Pasta plays with the best defensive center in the NHL and a beast in Marchand. I think if anything Pasta is getting overrated here. I would like to see Pasta drive a line by himself like the top NHL wingers do.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I can't comment on Krug because I rarely watch him play, but Hamilton is solid in his own zone. I do not know where you got that from?

When you're 3rd in both ES and overall ice time per game for D on a bad defensive team, it's very hard to believe you're a #1D. He's seconds above Hamonic 5/5.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Pasta plays with the best defensive center in the NHL and a beast in Marchand. I think if anything Pasta is getting overrated here. I would like to see Pasta drive a line by himself like the top NHL wingers do.
Hamilton also is very below average defensively and gets carried by Giordano

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
When you're 3rd in both ES and overall ice time per game for D on a bad defensive team, it's very hard to believe you're a #1D. He's seconds above Hamonic 5/5.

I wouldnt say the Flames is a bad defensive team. They are in the middle of the pack, could have been better except for some blown out by bad goaltending and Smith's injury.

Also not sure why people pick on Hamilton defense. That is not his strength. His value is on offense and he doesnt play a terrible defensive game. That's all you can ask from most offensive dmen.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I haven't read any posts in this thread but I imagine the fundamental question is why would Boston want to trade a top player who wanted out of Boston?

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
The flames problem was not their defense last year. If you actually watched the team play, you would know that. For I think a two-three month period they gave up the least amount of goals in the league. I forgot how long it was exactly.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The flames problem was not their defense last year. If you actually watched the team play, you would know that. For I think a two-three month period they gave up the least amount of goals in the league last year. I forgot how long it was exactly.

Which adresses that he was 3rd in ice-time how, exactly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad