Hamilton II: The City, The League, and The Coliseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMROWE

Apr 2, 2010
Hamilton Ontario
I agree what is being said here because Markham is still a long way off from even thinking about putting a shovel in the ground for there arena & from what I understand there are still a few more city council meetings & votes on the subject & if tuesdays vote was any indcation that this arena is still on life support & will most likely die in the the next vote .

Also you can bet on it that if push comes to shove & 2nd NHL. team in southern ontario is going to happen MLSE. will most likely throw there support behind Hamilton & waive there teritory rights to the Hamilton market for next to nothing just to keep Markham out of the NHL. because Hamilton will have little or no impact on MLSE. hockey & non hockey businesses as a team in Markham could really hit MLSE. bottom line pretty hard & team in Hamilton will not .

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Probably not, especially with Quebec City and Seattle gaining steam and standing as the obvious frontrunners, one way or the other.

Maybe if the Yotes relocate to one and another grabs a relocation spot, that'll leave one open option, but I'd be willing to bet that the NHL would be more interested in attracting an ownership consortium in Houston (with or without Alexander) or trying to convince Allen to make a bid in Portland then they would be in Hamilton and dealing with the headache that'd come from the Leafs and Sabres trying to rally votes against them in the BoG.

Oh, and before it's brought up, no other teams are relocation candidates right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad