Value of: Hamilton for a winger

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'd be tempted honestly. I really like pulju. But I'm also one of the ones that wants Brodie back on the right side with Gio.

I don't mind it, but it's the team that I don't want to trade it to. I don't want McDavid/Draisaitl feeding Hamilton all day and seeing Hamilton pot 20 on a yearly basis, with 5 of those goals against us. You know that's what would happen. Strome is Bennett 2.0, Puljujarvi is still a big question mark (but could be a home run), and the 10th OA pick isn't as good as the top 5. If we could pick Wahlstrom with #10, I'd definitely look into it though.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
How's Puljujarvi, Strome, and the 10th overall?
The value is fair overall, but ZERO chance we trade a stud like Hamilton to a division rival, especially to the oilers. If the oilers want Hamilton, the conversation starts with draisaitl. I wouldn't like to trade Hamilton for Drai because it would be plugging a hole in one part of our lineup with another, but it would be fair value.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
not even close to fair. calgary makes out like bandits. your evaluation of leafs players is remarkably disgusting
It's just the Leafs tax....in this thread, you have Flames fans saying the Oilers offer is good...from a division rival no less:
Poolparty (65 games 20 points)
Strome (82 games 34 points)
10th pick (admittedly better than TO's)

But from TO it's Nylander+Liljegren+1st? I'm willing to bet that if a poll was made on value, the Leafs one wins 100%. (or at least should....but we know how anything Leafs goes on this site)

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
It's just the Leafs tax....in this thread, you have Flames fans saying the Oilers offer is good...from a division rival no less:
Poolparty (65 games 20 points)
Strome (82 games 34 points)
10th pick (admittedly better than TO's)

But from TO it's Nylander+Liljegren+1st? I'm willing to bet that if a poll was made on value, the Leafs one wins 100%.
that offer is more close to the value of hamilton than Nylander+Liljegren+1st because hamilton is so overrated

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
From reading this thread it is obvious that Hamilton is going nowhere. Flames fans in this thread are dreaming when it comes to value. They can keep Stay Puff.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
that offer is more close to the value of hamilton than Nylander+Liljegren+1st because hamilton is so overrated
I like Hamilton, but to demand Nylander+Lil+1st just seems insane to me....there aren't many players i would be willing to deal that package for.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
No, it will need to be for a legitimate 1st line winger. A player of a similar age with team control years left.

You don't trade Dougie Hamilton alone, if it is a package you get that legitimate 1st line winger + more.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think a trade that could make sense would be:

Chicago: Kotkaniemi (10th OA) + 3rd round pick in 2018 (EDM) + 3rd round pick in 2019 (CGY)
Calgary: Wahlstrom (8th OA) + Tyler Benson + 1st round pick in 2019 (EDM)[lottery protected]
Edmonton: Hamilton

Chicago gets the center prospect they need, and gain a few picks to move back just 2 spots. They also stay in the top 10, where there is a big drop off at 11.

Calgary gets a big bodied right handed RW sniper. Fits their needs like a glove, is young, cost controlled, and a good fit for their team overall. They also add a good forward prospect (Edmontons best) since they already have good young defensemen in the system. Lastly they add a 1st round pick which is valuable as Calgarys is short on picks this year as well as next year.

Edmonton gets a big, puck moving, RHD which fills a large hole in their roster. Could be part of a great top pairing with Nurse.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Calgary is better off trying Hamilton at RW.

- It would probably help his development a la Burns
- It gives you a 7th Dman in case of emergency
- You don't risk getting burned
- Hamilton could score 35-40 as a winger

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I think a trade that could make sense would be:

Chicago: Kotkaniemi (10th OA) + 3rd round pick in 2018 (EDM) + 3rd round pick in 2019 (CGY)
Calgary: Wahlstrom (8th OA) + Tyler Benson + 1st round pick in 2019 (EDM)[lottery protected]
Edmonton: Hamilton

Chicago gets the center prospect they need, and gain a few picks to move back just 2 spots. They also stay in the top 10, where there is a big drop off at 11.

Calgary gets a big bodied right handed RW sniper. Fits their needs like a glove, is young, cost controlled, and a good fit for their team overall. They also add a good forward prospect (Edmontons best) since they already have good young defensemen in the system. Lastly they add a 1st round pick which is valuable as Calgarys is short on picks this year as well as next year.

Edmonton gets a big, puck moving, RHD which fills a large hole in their roster. Could be part of a great top pairing with Nurse.

Calgary doesn't do this deal at all, first of all because if Edmonton is getting Hamilton, Edmonton better be ready to bleed, to get him.

Calgary is not rebuilding, Wahlstrom is a good prospect, but he's a prospect, Tyler Benson isn't skirt raising and a lottery protected pick in next years draft. None of that is getting Hamilton.

Its a active young NHL top 6 right hand shooting RW now. Its a need for a need draft.

Its not parts, or futures,

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Calgary doesn't do this deal at all, first of all because if Edmonton is getting Hamilton, Edmonton better be ready to bleed, to get him.

Calgary is not rebuilding, Wahlstrom is a good prospect, but he's a prospect, Tyler Benson isn't skirt raising and a lottery protected pick in next years draft. None of that is getting Hamilton.

Its a active young NHL top 6 right hand shooting RW now. Its a need for a need draft.

Its not parts, or futures,
I don't know what you expect, but I can tell you: Its too much.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I don't know what you expect, but I can tell you: Its too much.

Then we don't trade a young big RHS Dman who lead the league in defensemen goals.

I don't know why this is so difficult to understand, but trading Hamilton for picks and prospects makes absolutely zero sense. This organization isn't going to restart a rebuild.

the price is a young top 3/6 RHS RWer and probably a small plus because top pairing defensemen have more value then wingers.

If the trade is within the Pacific like the Oilers for example then the price goes incredibly high.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Then we don't trade a young big RHS Dman who lead the league in defensemen goals.

I don't know why this is so difficult to understand, but trading Hamilton for picks and prospects makes absolutely zero sense. This organization isn't going to restart a rebuild.

the price is a young top 3/6 RHS RWer and probably a small plus because top pairing defensemen have more value then wingers.

If the trade is within the Pacific like the Oilers for example then the price goes incredibly high.
Its just the Oilers don't feel like gifting a player like Wahlstrom to the Flames, there is an incredibly high price on that side too, and the kinda cancel out. Also this fan hatred for other teams doesn't exist among professionals. Your "it goes incredibly high" is just immaturity that wouldn't really exist.

I think what I proposed was fair, and frankly my main team isn't the Oilers, so I really don't care if CaptainCrunch67 (aka obviously the GM, President, and Owner of the flames) vetos the trade.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Its just the Oilers don't feel like gifting a player like Wahlstrom to the Flames, there is an incredibly high price on that side too, and the kinda cancel out. Also this fan hatred for other teams doesn't exist among professionals. Your "it goes incredibly high" is just immaturity that wouldn't really exist.

I think what I proposed was fair, and frankly my main team isn't the Oilers, so I really don't care if CaptainCrunch67 (aka obviously the GM, President, and Owner of the flames) vetos the trade.

I agree to an extent but sometimes there are differences. Boston wouldn’t trade with chia and he went to the flames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad