Value of: Hamilton for a winger

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
Nothing against Hamilton, but I think the Leafs would rather target Hamonic, as a bit cheaper option. Kapanen should be available for a defensive upgrade.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Flames have an ok offense right now but i think there missing one good winger to even it out. You need to give to get and with the acquisition of Hamonic in the offseason we can maybe afford to trade Hamilton (it will hurt but you need to give to get). I cant think of many off the top of my head so fans of other teams shoot away. One i think both teams would do is Nylander for Hamilton.
ps. this is just for fun and to see value i know its not smart to trade Hamilton
I would make this trade if I was in the position to do so. In fact, I would try to make it a bigger trade by adding the leafs first rounder for one. I think Toronto and Calgary can be good partners .

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The issue is creating a spot for Andersson and filling a hole up front. But Andersson will not come close to providing what Dougie will, so I’d like to try Hamilton up front.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I think Hamilton is a very, very good defender. I think I might be willing to trade Nylander for him but I feel like trading him now would be selling "low" which might sound crazy.

I've got a question about Hamilton though, why does he take so many minor penalties? Is it his skating not having him be in position in time? Not disciplined or just getting penalties because he's a big guy?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I think Hamilton is a very, very good defender. I think I might be willing to trade Nylander for him but I feel like trading him now would be selling "low" which might sound crazy.

I've got a question about Hamilton though, why does he take so many minor penalties? Is it his skating not having him be in position in time? Not disciplined or just getting penalties because he's a big guy?

I'd say your last two points, he needs to have a sit down and watch all of his penalties taken this season during the off-season and learn from his discipline and since hes a big guy it's easier for a ref to call a hold/tripping because he has bigger body and arms and a longer stick, he's also really bad at taking a penalty in the last 3-5 minutes of the game, I've watched anywhere between 60-75 flames games this season and I swear hes taken a penalty in the final 5 minutes in 40% of the games (60-75) 25-33 ish games.

Reactions: Liminality

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Can we stop the Dougie trades?
One of the best top pairings in the league and we can't wait to sell on one.

I'd rather use cap space than a great young Dman to get a scorer. There's like 5-6 guys hitting FA that'd instantly be our teams' 3rd best winger.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

well he does take some bad penalties at times. But 64 minutes is not the end of the world. Essentially a minor every 2-3 games played.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'd say your last two points, he needs to have a sit down and watch all of his penalties taken this season during the off-season and learn from his discipline and since hes a big guy it's easier for a ref to call a hold/tripping because he has bigger body and arms and a longer stick, he's also really bad at taking a penalty in the last 3-5 minutes of the game, I've watched anywhere between 60-75 flames games this season and I swear hes taken a penalty in the final 5 minutes in 40% of the games (60-75) 25-33 ish games.
Thanks for the analysis, that was pretty much the only thing that stuck out to me when looking up Hamilton. Tied for 3rd most minor penalties by a dman last year and 5th most minor penalties by a dman this year. He's got good points obviously, faces decent competition handles those even strength minutes just fine.

To the final 5 minutes remark. Is that just when a team is really pressuring Calgary and Hamilton is slow to react? Gardiner on the Leafs is sometimes really slow to react in those situations but instead of taking a penalty he'll just get beaten.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad