Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2014-2015 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Yup, 5 inches is pushing it.:laugh:

Hudon has a strong build though, he worked hard on that this summer. He had no trouble hitting bigger players in the preseason.

Desharnais is 5.5

hudon is 5.9 to 5.10.

at least was last year, unless he shrunk? ;)

He isn't by any mean big but is closer to plekanec size then DD.

the fact that he is skating and stands very low on skates make us believe that he is shorter then he actually is, IMO. if you look at him stand up he isn't close to being as small as DD.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That would probably be for the best. Having the prospects pretty much next door makes the call ups and the player development super convenient. Laval sounds like a decent sized place to live in too. Hopefully the fans would show up for the games, although beating Hamilton in that category wouldn't be all that hard these days !

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Devan Dubnyk VS Condon VS MacDonald:
not sure I'm the only one...I still wish Dubnyk was part of our organization (Hamilton). Or did Habs ever have rights to Dubnyk? (last season?). Didn't like hearing he was sent home last playoffs' season...anything could have happened to Tokarski (injury VS Rangers).

I wasn't a fan of Dubnyk, and now Condon is getting the chance to start so it looks like it's working out so far.

You guys do realize that Hainsey has played closed to 700 games in the NHL, right? That only 12 players from that draft have played more games than he has, and only three defensemen (Schultz, Visnovsky and Orpik)? He's 19th for points (from that draft) and 5th for points-by-a-defenseman, 2nd if you only include first round defensemen.

At some point Hab fans are going to have to admit that Hainsey was and is a quality NHL player. Not a star by any stretch, but a good NHL player. We all want Beaulieu to be "better" but if he has a Hainsey-like career then that will be just fine too.

why? other then his good play in the playoffs last year, he's done nothing to show that he's a quality NHL player. I do think he would be lucky to end up anything close to Hainsey's career, he has the tools but imo lacks the toolbox. Such a great skater but so poor defensively and with his decision making.

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site
Are you saying that Hainsey or Beaulieu isn't a quality NHL player?

Hainsey IS a quality NHL player (or at least was throughout his lengthy NHL career). You and another poster compared Beaulieu to him, negatively, which to me is unfair. As I said, if Beaulieu has a career like Hainsey's then it will be quite all right, all things considered.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Are you saying that Hainsey or Beaulieu isn't a quality NHL player?

Hainsey IS a quality NHL player (or at least was throughout his lengthy NHL career). You and another poster compared Beaulieu to him, negatively, which to me is unfair. As I said, if Beaulieu has a career like Hainsey's then it will be quite all right, all things considered.

my bad, thought you were saying Beaulieu is a quality NHLer. I agree if he ends up with a career like Hainsey then it will be more then all right. He's got more edge to his game but will need to translate his offensive skills.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Desharnais is listed at 5'7, Hudon is listed at 5'10, i have never met Hudon so i can't tell wich measurement is more inflated.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Desharnais is listed at 5'7, Hudon is listed at 5'10, i have never met Hudon so i can't tell wich measurement is more inflated.

Hockey DB has him at 5'11.

If this is anywhere close to the truth then hooray for us :handclap:

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Hudon has pretty much the same exact body composition as Patrick Kane. I wonder if he can become a very light version of Kane.

Would be interesting to see.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Geoff Molson sounds like Dogs will be moved to Laval in 2017.

He didn't say that at all.

He said: "There will be a professional hockey team in Laval in 2017 or 2018"

- Could be Wheeling
- Could be the dogs.
- They could break their association with Hamilton and have a new team etc.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Hudon has pretty much the same exact body composition as Patrick Kane. I wonder if he can become a very light version of Kane.

Would be interesting to see.

No, Hudon is a smaller Giroux, if there is a comparable.

He slows down the play, very high IQ, will do the simple things well and consistently and then shock you with a bold stick handling move or pass.

Kane is high IQ as well, but he does the opposite of slowing down the play.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Y'all worrying about hight when MSL is a midget compared to me. Yes, it is true that size matters, but how many 6+ players have we had that can't play hockey. I don't know anything about Hudon, but I know a ton is sub 6 foot players that have made an impact on this league. I am happy with the players we got, and I am happy that we have DD, cuz we have no alternative. Even Koivu, one of my favorite Habs was sub 6 foot. It is all about heart, and heart isn't determined by height. If it were, you ought to be extatic about Allen and Tabgliati. Or even that fighting dude with the great mustache. I'm willing to give our prospects time develop regardless of their height.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Y'all worrying about hight when MSL is a midget compared to me. Yes, it is true that size matters, but how many 6+ players have we had that can't play hockey. I don't know anything about Hudon, but I know a ton is sub 6 foot players that have made an impact on this league. I am happy with the players we got, and I am happy that we have DD, cuz we have no alternative. Even Koivu, one of my favorite Habs was sub 6 foot. It is all about heart, and heart isn't determined by height. If it were, you ought to be extatic about Allen and Tabgliati. Or even that fighting dude with the great mustache. I'm willing to give our prospects time develop regardless of their height.

Blah, blah, blah, small players can be successful in the NHL. Nobody is disputing that, but find me one person that says you can win the Stanley Cup with a team full of smurfs.

If the Habs didn't already have Desharnais, Gallagher, and Plekanec in their top 6, then we wouldn't care about Hudon's size.

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site
I hate when people start quibbling over inches. The only difference one or two inches makes is in the shower, and even that depends on how cold the water is. The truth is whether Hudon is 5'8 or 5'11, he is small by NHL standards. That isn't to say he can't make the NHL, but scouring different web sites to find a height and weight that is more palpable to one's preconceived notions of how big an NHLer has to be is ridiculous.

Hudon is small. That is just a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad