Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2014-2015 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Hamilton Bulldogs @BulldogsAHL · 9 min il y a 9 minutes
Finley's goal was unassisted at 9:14 of the first period. Hamilton leads St. John's 1-0.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Crisp had 2 goals in 7 games last year in AHL.

He's ready for AHL.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

He's ready for AHL.

Crisp is a very intruiging prospect IMO. He's got size and some offensive instincts. He can play roigh and tumble, he can also fight. I am extremely curious to see what he can do in the AHL.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Crisp is a very intruiging prospect IMO. He's got size and some offensive instincts. He can play roigh and tumble, he can also fight. I am extremely curious to see what he can do in the AHL.

I'm really pulling for him to pan out in the end. He'd fill a definite need/hole in the lineup that's been there for ages and bring a nice balance/complement to some of the other prospects. It's good to have some variety on a team and we could do with some sandpaper. We'll have to wait a few years in his case though.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I'm really pulling for him to pan out in the end. He'd fill a definite need/hole in the lineup that's been there for ages and bring a nice balance/complement to some of the other prospects. It's good to have some variety on a team and we could do with some sandpaper. We'll have to wait a few years in his case though.

It depends. He could also become our Kyle Clifford and start playing as soon as this year, although I don't see MT calling him up with Bowman and Tangradi signed, unless we have too many injuries in our bottom 6.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so are Crisp, Bozon and Nevins better off in the ECHL?

Nevins, Thrower and Crisp are all still injured so that's a big factor as you don't know what impact it's had on them. I'm not sure where Bozon is really at in terms of physical play so I'd have to see him in action to say. If any of these guys start in the ECHL so be it as most would likely be on the Dogs roster at some point this year depending on how the final roster shakes out.

He's ready for AHL.

I would wait and see since last I heard he's still not cleared for contact, he's been injured all off-season, no camp/pre-season, and the Dogs have depth right now so if he misses a chunk of the start of the season they may want to see him get his feet wet in the ECHL first. Lots of factors at this point but I would have said had he not been injured he was a lock for the AHL this season.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Nevins, Thrower and Crisp are all still injured so that's a big factor as you don't know what impact it's had on them. I'm not sure where Bozon is really at in terms of physical play so I'd have to see him in action to say. If any of these guys start in the ECHL so be it as most would likely be on the Dogs roster at some point this year depending on how the final roster shakes out.

I would wait and see since last I heard he's still not cleared for contact, he's been injured all off-season, no camp/pre-season, and the Dogs have depth right now so if he misses a chunk of the start of the season they may want to see him get his feet wet in the ECHL first. Lots of factors at this point but I would have said had he not been injured he was a lock for the AHL this season.

He's bien skating and doing all the drill since the start of big camp. He' just wearing no-contact jersey. He must be real close of game-shape.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Connor is a real steal getting him in the 3rd round, he has a good package of all round skills for a PWF, he just needs some time developing.

True this the Habs/Bulldogs have been acquiring an excellent balance of both ultra skilled playmakers, snipers and PWF's(sandpaper) to compliment a bevy of talented defencemen & a couple of good goalies(Condon & MacDonald).

It depends. He could also become our Kyle Clifford and start playing as soon as this year, although I don't see MT calling him up with Bowman and Tangradi signed, unless we have too many injuries in our bottom 6.

Adding a couple of players like Bowman & Tangradi (With NHL experience) and developing their talents, along with Darren Deitz and Christian Thomas (players with talent and grit). The Bulldogs are quickly becoming a viable contender for the AHL's Calder Cup, while giving our prospects more character/leadership and passionate players that play a complete game(200ft.24/7) Having teammates that give their all to win every shift day after day, always trying to better themselves and their team, this is how championship team's are built. Not by signing one player, teams are built from the ground up, starting in goal then with depth on defence. Finally with the addition of character types like these four complementing their prospects, the chemistry between them blending into a force capable of playing within a system. When playing that system and believing in it's value they can overcome teams built on talent alone, each and every time, that's what team means, all the parts create the whole.(Championships):nod:

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's bien skating and doing all the drill since the start of big camp. He' just wearing no-contact jersey. He must be real close of game-shape.

But he had a major shoulder injury and hasn't been able to work out all off-season. Skating wise he should be fine as that's not the issue. As I said, we'll need to see how much longer he's out and what impact it has on him, there's nothing wrong with seeing some time in the ECHL if that even ends up happening since we still don't know what the roster will end up looking like.

habitue*

What kind of injury does Crisp have all summer long and still be unable to practice yet ?

All our big tough boys are injured: Crisp, Nevins, McCarron, Fournier....

Last edited by a moderator:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I guess we could see something like this for starters (lines are a complete guess):

Bowman-Hensick-Thomas
Hudon-Andrighetto-Tangradi
Carr-de la Rose-Dumont
Macenauer-Dowell-Nevins
extra: Sorkin, Fournier

ECHL to start: Crisp, Bozon

Drewiske-Nygren
Bennett-Pateryn
Finley-Dietz
extra: Ellis, Shea

ECHL to start: Thrower, Makowski
NHL: Tinordi

Analyzer*

Tangradi does well in the AHL. Dogs should have offense this year with him, Bowman, Hensick and Dowell.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
How many veteran do the dogs have actually ?

i will try to have my own projection for this team ( sorry if i do mistake i don't know much about AHL )

Bowman DLR Andrighetto
Carr Hudon Thomas
Tangradi Hensick Sorkin
Nevins Dowell Fournier
Dumont

Tinordi Nygren
Bennett Pateryn
Drewiske Dietz
Finley Ellis

MacDonald
Condon

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What kind of injury does Crisp have all summer long and still be unable to practice yet ?

shoulder. Him and Thrower at the time were said that they might miss the start of the season but we should know more this week.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Bulldogs will have a team that closely resembles their name, a team that is relentless in checking and pressuring their opponents, while still having the skills to score when the opportunities arise. Adding Eric "The Big Dog" Tangradi into this mix is just icing on the cake so to speak.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006

i will try to have my own projection for this team ( sorry if i do mistake i don't know much about AHL )

Bowman DLR Andrighetto
Carr Hudon Thomas
Tangradi Hensick Sorkin
Nevins Dowell Fournier
Dumont

Tinordi Nygren
Bennett Pateryn
Drewiske Dietz
Finley Ellis

MacDonald
Condon

Don't know if I'm overrating here, but that defense core looks insanely good. 4 of those guys could arguably have a shot at cracking a weaker NHL line-up

(hoping Nygren doesn't flee after a couple weeks this time...)

Do the dogs really plan to use DLR at center ? I thought we were supposed to be developping him as a LW ?

habitue*

Bowman DLR Andrighetto
Carr Hudon Thomas
Tangradi Hensick Sorkin
Nevins Dowell Fournier
Dumont

Tinordi Nygren
Bennett Pateryn
Drewiske Dietz
Finley Ellis

MacDonald
Condon

Very possible that Tinordi will finally stay in Montreal. Hopefully Nygren will stick with the Dogs. You forgot Crisp in your depth chart.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

For those fans that haven't had injuries to their shoulders (Rotator Cuffs), I have had both of mine torn. There are four muscles and their tendons that act to stabilize the shoulder and seven in total that act together to create movement. Tearing of one leads to wearing on the others, creating pain and extreme weakness. Quite often the proper surgery and healing times vary, depending upon how bad the injury. It can take up to 7 month's to heal a bad injury to the shoulder, athlete's playing in a sport like hockey (Speed & Contact) would be well advised to take the long term to avoid reinjuring their shoulder. Which could lead to prolonged injuries, more surgeries and career threatening damage. So let's hope our players are heeding the advice of their Dr.'s and following their therapies to a tee and dotting the I's.

PWF's jobs require these players to play the heavy physical roles as do the defensive defencemen's roles. These types of players need to be in peak physical condition too enable their bodies to absorb the physical strains they put themselves through to become the best at their jobs. It's not just about being able to skate, stickhandle and learn systems, they need to learn the proper way to hit and receive heavy checking. Players that play this type of game, are often accused of being goons or worse, people need to actually understand what it takes to become a great PWF or defensive defenceman. Give them the respect they deserve, players like these work so hard for usually 3-4yrs. to earn a career in the NHL, that's after getting drafted.:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Nygren with the 'A'

10710696_10152666304175589_2080347119884589208_n.jpg

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I understand that this is where it was going.....but strange timing to cut Brace after a 2-goal performance. And Bakker seemed to bring a lot of energy. Those guys should be Wheeling material if they can't find a AHL spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad