Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2014-2015 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He's not even allowed to coach in the AHL because of his contract with Tampa. IIRC he can't even accept an assistant coach position in the NHL.

He got fired. I don't think there's any such non-compete clause allowed in a business where there's only one place to earn a living.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Watched the game last night.

Here are a few points:

Nygren just keeps looking better. I think at this point he has surpassed Pateryn....in fact I think he might be the next call up EVEN wwith Tinordi & Beaulieu down there. Especially if a RHD goes down.

Ghetto & Hudon are both pretty fantastic. They both make things happen offensively. Hudon is less flashy, but finds a way to get things done. They rarely play together but bring skill to each of their lines.

Tangradi is big and plays like a big man. I am impressed. Has settled in nicely since the start of the year. Could definitely be a call up for a 4th line roll.

Nevins is solid and makes things happen. Plays on the 4th line and looks good. He is one of those guys that's so easy to like because he wants the puck and never quits. If he makes it, it will be 'cause he has heart.

Tinordi did not look great. Seems confused out there...lacking confidence. This year will be a big test for him in many ways.

De La Rose - wow...so he is playing 4th line minutes, but the coach is making sure he gets involved in the game. I like him & Nevins together and I think a very direct approach to the game is a good thing while he get's used to the ice and NA style. Anyways he hustles and crashes and plays great defense...coaches are going to love him. Won't be long until he knocks on the door. He might never be a top 6 but a solid complimentary top 9 guy that can play with skilled guys and create room and tap home some goals. I see him as modern power winger type. I was impressed...big improvement on the last few games I saw from him.

Dietz looked good. Needs to thicken...good 2 way game and tough.

yup i watched the game and pretty much agree on all this.

Best player in my eyes was easily Hudon. I'm glad he impressed me the way he did when I last saw him in those Subway Series 2 years ago.

His goal was a beauty slapper from the point. Made so many nice steals and defensive plays. Beautiful passes. And as montreal has mentioned skating doesn't seem to be an issue.

Oh yeah and he's chippy as hell. He got into a scrap that was very similar to the one he had with Yakupov 2 years ago in the SSS. No punches thrown but just pushing and shoving but at least he has some fire in him. He sticks up for himself and throws the odd check. With some more physical maturing he could be a special player.

Andrighetto looked better as the game went on. Pretty slick. A part of me wonders if his game will translate though but I was less sceptical as the game went on. Just something about his game made me think that Hudon's game will translate better.

Nygren looked good later in the game and had some chances. Looks really mobile and seems just fine defensively. Really glad we didn't lose him. Didn't really get to see his slapper but he still looked good which makes me think we should really find a way to get him into our line up.

Pateryn has such a great wrister from the point. I like his game. Don't know if he can leap frog enough depth to get into our line up but he's still nice to have. I can see him picking up the offense soon enough.

DLR is a back checking monster. Man can he skate. He had one good chance but the pass didn't get to his stick. Also had a nice rush which might've been off the PK. Which leads me to his penalty killing which is exemplary. he could probably be a solid 4th liner with the Habs now but I'm optimistic that he's got decent offense in the tank. Even if his offense doesn't improve a millimeter you can see how he can be effective. His speed and size could create tons of space. I really think they should give him a few years down there and give him a chance to be a scorer. Either way tracking his progress is going to be really exciting.

Tangradi did look good. Nice game. Kind of has you wondering and hoping a bit. Could be a nice reclamation project.

Nevins had a few very good shifts and of course that fight. Definitely think he has the goods to be a very effective 4th liner. Very astute signing by MB.

Crisp was pretty invisible but didn't see the ice much. Too bad he had that injury which will set him back a bit. I'm not expecting much from him this year but there's no way you can count this kid out. I'm sure he'll get better as the year goes on though.

Disagree about Tinordi, I thought he looked solid. Could've stuck out more and made one small error that I saw but otherwise you can see the potential.

Didn't notice much from Dietz except one one-timer. Definitely didn't seem bad.

I like Dumont. I wonder whether we'll give him a shot. I think he deserves it. Decent offense and has the grit to play a 4th line grinder game. I think he Weise and Manny could do well together. Both he and Tangradi could be nice options to have on the Habs 4th line.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
What? He was fired.

Yes but he's still paid by Tampa. I listened to an interview with Boucher not too long ago when he got the job to coach at the Spengler Cup. He said there were ramifications that prevented him from taking various jobs in the NHL/AHL. He would't go into great details about it. Heard Pierre McGuire and Danny Dubé talk about this also.

Now, I don't know if it's because Tampa won't tear the contract or Boucher simply wants to go through with the said contract but for now it's NHL head coach job or Switzerland for him. He said he was very happy out there. His family is now with him, he goes back home every night, loves the country, less travel and so on.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
oh yeah and Condon didn't seem tested too much but looked solid for not having much pro experience. The one goal he didn't have a chance on. Don't know enough about goalies to really say yay or nay on but he seemed positionally solid to me. Didn't realize how big he was.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
oh yeah and Condon didn't seem tested too much but looked solid for not having much pro experience. The one goal he didn't have a chance on. Don't know enough about goalies to really say yay or nay on but he seemed positionally solid to me. Didn't realize how big he was.

1st game of the development camp made me a big Condon fan. I really think this guy could do some damage. Just an awesome signing.

Analyzer*

1st game of the development camp made me a big Condon fan. I really think this guy could do some damage. Just an awesome signing.

He had good numbers in the AHL when we signed him. However, that was only 5 games I think.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow....Nevins is just good at what he does. Took a much bigger man in Devane and yet succeeded to cut him pretty hard. Don't think Nevins will ever be good against big goons....but everything else slightly below that, this guy has no fear.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL 1h1 hour ago
Sorkin had the lone assist on Macenauer's second goal of the season to give the Bulldogs a 1-0 lead on @TorontoMarlies at 11:40 of the 1st.

Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL 21m21 minutes ago
Hudon, from de la Rose and Pateryn, at 3:33 of the second period. Hudon's sixth of the season has the 'Dogs up 2-0 on the @TorontoMarlies.

Mitch Brown ‏@MitchLBrown 21m21 minutes ago
Jacob de la Rose with a really nice assist on Charles Hudon's goal. Showcased hands, vision, smarts. Slowly improving.

Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL 11m11 minutes ago
Andrighetto splits the D and dekes the pants off of Beebs to make it 3-0 'Dogs! Assists to Drewiske and Nygren at 9:17 of the second period.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Wow....Nevins is just good at what he does. Took a much bigger man in Devane and yet succeeded to cut him pretty hard. Don't think Nevins will ever be good against big goons....but everything else slightly below that, this guy has no fear.

Devane is a big goon. 6'4" 220+ lbs. If you are talking super heavyweights than yes he won't be fighting them. Then again they have been fazed out.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Mitch Brown ‏@MitchLBrown 45s46 seconds ago
VIDEO: Sven Andrighetto's beautiful goal versus the Toronto Marlies - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqyMuRJ_FG4 … #Habs #Bulldogs

he sure loves to play the Laffs.

tumblr_n12jmxps3C1rvnlw7o3_r1_250.gif

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL 25m25 minutes ago
Bennett's second goal of the season was assisted by Nygren and Hudon at 7:38 of the third period. Hamilton leads 4-1.

Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL 6m6 minutes ago
Sorkin takes a sweet feed from Hensick and rips one far side to put the 'Dogs ahead 5-1! Commence the @TorontoMarlies jersey watch.

Mitch Brown ‏@MitchLBrown 3m3 minutes ago
Charles Hudon's 18P in 18GP puts him t-5th in AHL scoring, t-1st among rookies. He keeps getting better & better. Great start to the year.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Hudon reminds me of Kaberle except a forward. Always seems to get a secondary assist on every goal. It wouldn't shock me to see he or Andrighetto on our third line by the trade deadline. Also wouldn't shock me if both of them stayed in Hamilton until they were waiver eligible, since we seem to be focusing on development now.

steph1982

May 6, 2013
Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL 15 minutes ago
In defence of @TorontoMarlies, no jerseys were harmed in this game and it's commonplace to not salute fans after you receive a beat down.

:laugh:

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Hudon reminds me of Kaberle except a forward. Always seems to get a secondary assist on every goal. It wouldn't shock me to see he or Andrighetto on our third line by the trade deadline. Also wouldn't shock me if both of them stayed in Hamilton until they were waiver eligible, since we seem to be focusing on development now.

He earned that secondary assist tho he stole the puck and sent them up the ice

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If you look at the Bulldogs' individual stats, they're not that bad, but their actual record... Ugh

That's why I don't understand people saying Lefebvre has nothing to work with. He has three near point per game players and probably the best defense the AHL has seen in years.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He earned that secondary assist tho he stole the puck and sent them up the ice

I've seen like 3 games of him but I swear I've never seen a player steal the puck right off of players sticks as much as Hudon.

he's now top of rookie scoring and 8th in the league. That's unreal. Kid's a beast.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
To tell you the truth, i never believed in Hudon, but since the beginning of the season i'm starting to believe there's an NHLer in him.

Analyzer*

To tell you the truth, i never believed in Hudon, but since the beginning of the season i'm starting to believe there's an NHLer in him.

The skill is there. I figured how often injured he was and how weak he was he wouldn't play this many games.

Still hasn't made the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad