Blue Jays Discussion: Halladay Retires as a Blue Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
What a great Legacy for Roy Halladay, class act through and through. Hope he can some day find a position in the front office of the Blue Jays organization.

Meanwhile. Morosi tweets out...

And also, dreaming big here but this is one of the FEW pitchers id move some serious assets to acquire, this kid has future Cy Young written all over him.

I'd sell the farm + for Sale, but thats not going to happen.

As for Lind, I'd be all over trading him, but I'd want major league talent coming back. I'm not sure if the Pirates would be interested in trading Jeff Locke, but that's who I'd be interested in, we'd have to add of course.

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
This one had me drooling and dreaming.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/white-sox-notes-sale-quintana-santiago-uribe.html

If AA is going to blow out all of the rest of the team's prospects, he might as well make it a blockbuster of blockbusters. Imagine getting Sale, Quintana and Santiago in one transaction?

Seeing as how were apparently "Going for it" with the trades we made last year. AA better start some serious talks with Chicago and the fact that sale as 6 years...YES 6 years of control is unbelievable and is a lefty. AA should be drooling and doing anything to get this guy.

I mentioned this to a buddy the other day and now that there is a chance the trading of Sale might be a reality is just unbelievable.

Go for it AA, go for it.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Seeing as how were apparently "Going for it" with the trades we made last year. AA better start some serious talks with Chicago and the fact that sale as 6 years...YES 6 years of control is unbelievable and is a lefty. AA should be drooling and doing anything to get this guy.

I mentioned this to a buddy the other day and now that there is a chance the trading of Sale might be a reality is just unbelievable.

Go for it AA, go for it.

I also think that Santiago and Quintana have years of control left as well.

In a deal like that, however, I would imagine the White Sox would want prospects and young major league players. I could easily see them asking for Lawrie and Morrow in a deal like that, plus a boatload of prospects.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Teams should be in on Chris Sale and not David Price.

Moving Lind for pitching, then signing Kendrys Morales could be a good move.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Teams should be in on Chris Sale and not David Price.

Moving Lind for pitching, then signing Kendrys Morales could be a good move.

A.A. could make a pretty smart play if he went after Sale or Quintana. If he turned it into a three way, he could send Lind with the return (prospects) going to the Pirates, then we acquire John Danks + Chris Sale or Jose Quintana. Taking on Danks terrible contract, and trading Lind would greatly decrease the rest of the assets we have to give up.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I also think that Santiago and Quintana have years of control left as well.

In a deal like that, however, I would imagine the White Sox would want prospects and young major league players. I could easily see them asking for Lawrie and Morrow in a deal like that, plus a boatload of prospects.

Which is why Quintana is the cheaper option. I think with a better defense behind him he could be a real steal.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Which is why Quintana is the cheaper option. I think with a better defense behind him he could be a real steal.

We could use another lefty starter. I hope A.A. hops all over Quintana. Imagine he pulled off seperate deals to acquire Locke and Quintana.

:naughty:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Thanks Roy

For actually acknowledging that Toronto has a MLB team, while others come here and go through the motions, you always gave your all. This is the first good news that Jays fans have had in 2013.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

Quintana is the guy I would make a move for as well. I *think* you could probably get him without giving up Sanchez or Stroman, which really is the goal here.

The price for Sale will be far too rich for us, and would probably include one if not both of those guys^.

Quintana probably plays as a 3-4 in the AL east, and he's trending the right way. Lots of yrs of control. I think you could do a combo of a few id Norris, Nolin maybe Osuna if you absolutely need to and CWS need OF help. Sierra, Gose or Pillar might fill a need

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
We wouldn't (or shouldn't) be adding anything if an EE/Price deal were to happen. Elite bats are worth more than elite pitchers, and bringing in salaries, plus EE's position (reduces the value), then it'd be a pretty fair swap. Only reason I'd do this though is if another trade is waiting in the wings that brings us a bat, or we end up signing Choo or (a more likely situation) Cruz.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Seems like AA went all in one season to early. Had he still had the prospects from both the Marlins and Mets trades. We could have used those for Sale and Price??? And used our current prospects still with us to grab a Buerhle type pitcher!!! Hind sight is 20-20 but I am sure AA wishes he could do things all over again!

Imagine last year all we acquired from the Marlins was Reyes and Buerhle! For what lets say Heccheveria, Alvarez, and B prospect.

We dont make the Dickey trade and this year we can go after Sale, Quintana, Cubs pitcher (cray ass name I cant spell), and Price!!!

Who would you rather have? Dickey and Johnson or the guys rumored to be available this year?

D'Arnaud, Synerguard, Sanchez, Stroman, Nolin, Drabek, Hutch all would have been perfect trade chips this year and definitely would have grabbed you Sale and Price at minimum

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
We wouldn't (or shouldn't) be adding anything if an EE/Price deal were to happen. Elite bats are worth more than elite pitchers, and bringing in salaries, plus EE's position (reduces the value), then it'd be a pretty fair swap. Only reason I'd do this though is if another trade is waiting in the wings that brings us a bat, or we end up signing Choo or (a more likely situation) Cruz.

Yep agreed. If A.A. swings that deal to get a starter and signs one of the bats left on the market then I'd be pretty happy with this deal. If he trades EE and doesn't replace him, then we just filled one hole but open up another.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Can we dump the Sundin nonsense please? This is not a hockey thread; it's is neither the time nor the place.

and regarding Sale, the rumors very clearly state that the Sox won't entertain any offer for Sale that's not ludicrously in their favor. I'd just focus away from those rumors and instead look at Quintana as a nice possible stabilizing piece for the middle/bottom of the rotation.

In other news, David Cooper is apparently healthy again and going to sign a minor league deal with Cleveland.

Good for him, that back injury he had was almost a career ender.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Can we dump the Sundin nonsense please? This is not a hockey thread; it's is neither the time nor the place.

and regarding Sale, the rumors very clearly state that the Sox won't entertain any offer for Sale that's not ludicrously in their favor. I'd just focus away from those rumors and instead look at Quintana as a nice possible stabilizing piece for the middle/bottom of the rotation.

In other news, David Cooper is apparently healthy again and going to sign a minor league deal with Cleveland.

Good for him, that back injury he had was almost a career ender.

New thread time?

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I would rather trade Bautista then EE. Then go out and sign or trade for some more pop to put in outfield either Cruz or Kemp or someone else. Bautista will and can get you a very good starter if coupled with a Casey Janssen.

How about Bautista, Janssen and Happ TO TEXAS FOR Andrus, Holland. We then go out and sign Cruz to play outfield

Reyes
Andrus
Cabrera
EE
Cruz
Lawrie
Rasmus
Lind
Navarro

Dickey
Holland
Buerhle
Morrow
Hutch/Drabek/Rogers

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I would rather trade Bautista then EE. Then go out and sign or trade for some more pop to put in outfield either Cruz or Kemp or someone else. Bautista will and can get you a very good starter if coupled with a Casey Janssen.

How about Bautista, Janssen and Happ TO TEXAS FOR Andrus, Holland. We then go out and sign Cruz to play outfield

Reyes
Andrus
Cabrera
EE
Cruz
Lawrie
Rasmus
Lind
Navarro

Dickey
Holland
Buerhle
Morrow
Hutch/Drabek/Rogers

You should be able to get a better pitcher than Holland if were talking about dealing Bautista and Jansen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad