Blue Jays Discussion: Halladay Retires as a Blue Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I was in the first row over the Jays bullpen for that one-hitter; you can see depressed/confused me on any highlight of it lol

That being said, my favourite Roy Halladay start is this one

I don't know how to say this without sounding hyperbolic, but I've seen a lot of baseball games in my life. I saw Mark Buehrle throw a perfect game, and I've seen probably 8-10 one-hitters and the like. I have never seen a more dominant performance. The Royals did not make solid contact on one ball the entire game. They had four hits; three weak grounders up the middle in the first two innings (unfortunately two of them combined together for a run), and a bloop single. Even if you go that the BR page, it gives the Royals credit for one line drive that's not classified as 'weak' (the fourth hit, which is a hell of a reach for a line drive). I've never seen anything like it.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
From the PC:

1719f158-fe92-49e0-b8ad-116412a4b499_500.jpg

108c2c76-74a1-4c8d-a060-7b2c8c0528b3_500.jpg

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Pretty crazy that Doc is retiring,I wonder if the Jays will give him some sort of job within the organization

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
not his kids' favorite teams. The teams they play for. 'Cause that's obviously not the Tigers' colors.

Gotchya, must have missed that. Halladay has a kid in the jay's organization then? Cause that's a real jays cap.

Unless he's got 1 kid playing minor league ball, and the other 2 hats are just for the teams he played for.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Clearly we are signing Halladay and trading him to the Detroit Tigers for Cabrera and THEN Halladay will retire

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Gotchya, must have missed that. Halladay has a kid in the jay's organization then? Cause that's a real jays cap.

Unless he's got 1 kid playing minor league ball, and the other 2 hats are just for the teams he played for.

Just the two outside hats (the Tigers-like one, and the one with the yellow ribbon). The other two are for for him.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

Haha jays and Phils caps for who he played for. Tigers cap for his kids little league team.

He's only 36... Two kids are both under 10 yrs old. Although they're Halladays so wouldn't be surprising if he's a freak who is already playing in the minors :sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Haha jays and Phils caps for who he played for. Tigers cap for his kids little league team.

He's only 36... Two kids are both under 10 yrs old. Although they're Halladays so wouldn't be surprising if he's a freak who is already playing in the minors :sarcasm:

Halladay the younger would be like that kid from the movie Rookie of The Year :sarcasm:

Well, except for that part about pitching for the Cubs.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Something Mats Sundin should of done with the Leafs. but nope..

If Sundin had allowed himself to be traded for some future assets, then sure. He jerked the Leafs and we fans around, especially, when he signed with Vancouver mid-season, when his excuse for not allowing the Leafs to trade him was 'I want to be with the team for the whole season, not just as a hired gun for the playoffs'.

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
What a great Legacy for Roy Halladay, class act through and through. Hope he can some day find a position in the front office of the Blue Jays organization.

Meanwhile. Morosi tweets out...

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 38m

Pirates discussing multiple trade options for first base vacancy, including Adam Lind and Logan Morrison, sources say.

And also, dreaming big here but this is one of the FEW pitchers id move some serious assets to acquire, this kid has future Cy Young written all over him.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 45s

from @jonmorosi, #chisox open to trading pitchers -- tho chances arent great theyll move Chris Sale http://foxs.pt/1ksdVGq

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
What a great Legacy for Roy Halladay, class act through and through. Hope he can some day find a position in the front office of the Blue Jays organization.

And also, dreaming big here but this is one of the FEW pitchers id move some serious assets to acquire, this kid has future Cy Yound written all over him.

Just with regards to Lind... Who do you think we might be able to get back? Hard to gauge his value...

Obviously we need pitching, Wandy Rodriguez might be a good fit, would love Locke, but with his performance last year he's going to cost a lot more. Pitt is thin in the rotation as it is, might not be a great fit.

Gotta think Lind would be easily replaced on the FA market. You could pay big to go get Cruz etc. Or go cheap and get a bat like Michael Young to DH and platoon

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

And also, dreaming big here but this is one of the FEW pitchers id move some serious assets to acquire, this kid has future Cy Young written all over him.

This one had me drooling and dreaming.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/white-sox-notes-sale-quintana-santiago-uribe.html

If AA is going to blow out all of the rest of the team's prospects, he might as well make it a blockbuster of blockbusters. Imagine getting Sale, Quintana and Santiago in one transaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad