Hall blows off Anderson

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Heh. I wonder the same thing, is having Gretzky and co around good? I imagine him just walking around all arrogant like everyone else exists in his shadow, basking in the light while blocking out the sun. No offence to him, but isn't it time for the Oilers to stop living in the past?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

How often do our former players try to hang out with or spend time around our current players? Do they just parade around the locker room going "lol u r not as good as us lol"?

This happened in a bar where Anderson was and Hall happened to show up. ....geez imagine that Hall and Anderson happening to be in the same bar.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
upload_2019-2-15_11-14-46.png

Reactions: Sask97

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Glen Anderson was one of the most underrated players of his time and still is. I'll be happy about current oilers and ex oilers doing this the day we have a team that is not sheer and utter garbage and actually wins something, anything.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Heh. I wonder the same thing, is having Gretzky and co around good? I imagine him just walking around all arrogant like everyone else exists in his shadow, basking in the light while blocking out the sun. No offence to him, but isn't it time for the Oilers to stop living in the past?

Is Gretzky actually arrogant? I don't know about Anderson, but Gretzky doesn't strike me as someone that considers himself a god among mortals.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They probably had 1/2 the regulation/ot wins in that season than Hall did in his entire time here.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Is Gretzky actually arrogant? I don't know about Anderson, but Gretzky doesn't strike me as someone that considers himself a god among mortals.
I truly have no idea. I do wonder how his presence is received by the players though. It's possible for them to feel in his shadow even if he's not arrogant.

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This happened in a bar where Anderson was and Hall happened to show up. ....geez imagine that Hall and Anderson happening to be in the same bar.
Sure doesn’t say much for Anderson. That said, Hall made these comments two years ago, why is Arthur bringing it up now?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
My favourite memory of Glen Anderson was when Linden Knee'd the shit out of him, then he ran around the ice trying to get away from Odjick who just made 6'6 Creighton turtle. That was hockey.

Reactions: Marpole Dealer

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
This is so old news lol

wasn't Anderson told by Lowe to stop interacting with the young kids lol

Reactions: A91

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017

I bet Anderson was just kidding around in jest. I could see Hall making a quick snarky response like that though.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
NONE of them should have any input into deals, etc, but only in EDM is having guys like Anderson, Messier, Gretky a bad thing and mocked when it comes to interaction with players.

If I was a player, I would love to talk to these guys, get some tips, etc. What Hall did was pretty disrespectful.

Chicago seems to do it right with their "Ambassadors"

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
NONE of them should have any input into deals, etc, but only in EDM is having guys like Anderson, Messier, Gretky a bad thing and mocked when it comes to interaction with players.

If I was a player, I would love to talk to these guys, get some tips, etc. What Hall did was pretty disrespectful.

Chicago seems to do it right with their "Ambassadors"
It's a bad thing because they keep getting put into important positions in the organization when they have no idea what they're doing.

Of all the players currently in the rafters, how many are not currently employed by the Oilers? Is it just Fuhr?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad