Hall blows off Anderson

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Andy was my favourite player back in the day, fearless, talented and swift. Besides scoring a bunch of "4th goals in an 8-3 win", he also scored a pile of OT winners and lots in 2-1 games. I'm sure the conversation was all in fun, but someone out there had to make it seem more than that. Typical Edmonton crap.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
NONE of them should have any input into deals, etc, but only in EDM is having guys like Anderson, Messier, Gretky a bad thing and mocked when it comes to interaction with players.

If I was a player, I would love to talk to these guys, get some tips, etc. What Hall did was pretty disrespectful.

Chicago seems to do it right with their "Ambassadors"
That’s because they haven’t been put in to ambassador roles.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
It's a bad thing because they keep getting put into important positions in the organization when they have no idea what they're doing.

Of all the players currently in the rafters, how many are not currently employed by the Oilers? Is it just Fuhr?
I agree.

Get them all out of any positions. Do what Chicago does. Bring them around here and there for events, etc.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
NONE of them should have any input into deals, etc, but only in EDM is having guys like Anderson, Messier, Gretky a bad thing and mocked when it comes to interaction with players.

If I was a player, I would love to talk to these guys, get some tips, etc. What Hall did was pretty disrespectful.

It took Bill Wirtz dying and Rocky Wirtz taking over to achieve that result in Chicago. As I have posted before, John McDonough was hired by Rocky with the specific task to clean up the Hawks front office. He put Pulford (their version of Lowe) out to pasture and made sure that former players were "ambassadors" only.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Yeah, coming up to a player after a game at a bar and talking about how great you were is a great "tip" to pass on.

Glenn Anderson was a great player for this organization. No doubt. 30 f***ing years ago. That doesn't give him a free pass for life to hang around.

f*** off already. The whole lot of them.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Man you know if Anderson joked with McDavid, McDavid would have just laughed it off, not disrespect a legend lol.

Then again, I don't think McDavid goes out bar hopping much.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I'm just kidding around, but do we know what happened exactly. Hall walked into a bar Glen was at. Did Glen just start going up to him and start bugging him?

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
I'm just kidding around, but do we know what happened exactly. Hall walked into a bar Glen was at. Did Glen just start going up to him and start bugging him?

On the podcast where this was first mentioned, it was implied by both Whitney and Hall that Anderson was pretty rude and obnoxious to begin with. So much so that Lowe told him to stay away from the kids.

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
Maybe people should reference where they get these stories so you can read the whole thing instead of just a screenshot on a twitter feed and read how Anderson had already been drinking when Hall had entered the same bar and got chirped and that Hall had previously chirped Ryan Whitney in the same manor without being provoked into it. His attitude was definitely an issue, but not worth a 1 for 1 deal for Adam Larsson.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/...nton-oilers-if-they-win-the-cup-ill-be-choked

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
On the podcast where this was first mentioned, it was implied by both Whitney and Hall that Anderson was pretty rude and obnoxious to begin with. So much so that Lowe told him to stay away from the kids.

Lowe and company were trying to instill "culture" into the team.;)

And Whitney is a douche regardless.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The whole exchange does not reflect well on either of them. Anderson was a big game player though.

Hall? No one is going to remember Taylor Hall for much of anything.....
I don't know. A lot of people don't even know who Anderson is anymore.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Its pretty funny they didnt get along since as players they are so alike. Oh theyre also extremely alike in terms of their reputation off ice. Glenn and Taylor probably both thought they were having an out of body experience interacting with themselves being equally arrogant to each other.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The whole exchange does not reflect well on either of them. Anderson was a big game player though.

Hall? No one is going to remember Taylor Hall for much of anything.....

Anderson was a guy who played in an era when you could take a guy out of the stands and have them score 20 goals a year.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
My favourite memory of Glen Anderson was when Linden Knee'd the **** out of him, then he ran around the ice trying to get away from Odjick who just made 6'6 Creighton turtle. That was hockey.
You get lost?

I’m surprised you could remember that with the lack of hockey knowledge you’ve displayed.

I quite enjoyed the brashear running from Mcsorely and getting KOd from a love tap.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Bruce Arthur tweeting about stuff that happened several years ago is so Bruce Arthur. IIRC he has a passionate hate on for the Oilers and isn't he amongst the card carrying Toronto "McDavid belongs in Toronto" media members?

Anderson was clutch as clutch can be.
We don't know the context of what was said but Hall is as full of himself as much as Anderson was/is.

The difference is Anderson actually was a key contributor to quite a few Stanley Cups and scored overtime goals in bushels come playoff time. Hall? He has a shiny trophy the eastern hockey media gifted him for being the best player on a team who barely qualified for the playoffs. 4 playoff games played. 0 wins.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bruce Arthur tweeting about stuff that happened several years ago is so Bruce Arthur. IIRC he has a passionate hate on for the Oilers and isn't he amongst the card carrying Toronto "McDavid belongs in Toronto" media members?

We don't know the context of what was said but Hall is as full of himself as much as Anderson was/is.

The difference is Anderson actually was a key contributor to quite a few Stanley Cups and scored overtime goals in bushels come playoff time. Hall? He has a shiny trophy the eastern hockey media gifted him for being the best player on a team who barely qualified for the playoffs. 4 playoff games played. 0 wins.
I'm thinking it's more because spitten chicklets brought this up. I think it needs to be brought up too.

Why are ex-oilers even say shit like this to guys? It's bad enough we have ex-oilers making decisions or involved in decisions. Now we hear that they are walking around like they are still relevant busting players balls for no reason?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm thinking it's more because spitten chicklets brought this up. I think it needs to be brought up too.

Why are ex-oilers even say **** like this to guys? It's bad enough we have ex-oilers making decisions or involved in decisions. Now we hear that they are walking around like they are still relevant busting players balls for no reason?

Ryan Whitney is an Edmonton hating doucebag as is Bruce Arthur. Consider the source gentlemen before carving.
This happened 7 years ago or more and again, we do not know the context or even the exact words.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

This is really old news. We’ve already had our Anderson/Hall debate on the topic. What should be being discussed is why Arthur is bringing this up now, two years later. Is he going after cheap click bate or is he such a dinosaur that he’s just discovering Spittin’ Chicklets now? Anderson and Hall aside, the real douche bag in this story appears to be Bruce Arthur.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad