Hall blows off Anderson

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Right? Hall had a pretty terrible rep off the ice but there’s no shortage of people defending him even when he’s being a *****e.

i was more concerned about hall being a do*** in the dressing room and hurting the team that way. whitney was a TERRIBLE influence on hall. unfortunately he was there at a time when hall needed a veteran player to kick the a** do***ness out of him rather than ENCOURAGE being a d****. had we had someone else rooming and hanging out/mentoring hall at that stage in his career rather than giant d**** whits (who STILL seems like a giant d**** into his late 30s) who knows how hall would have turned out here.

North

Jun 25, 2009
It doesn't sound as bad as Glenn Anderson's off-ice rep though.

He had some crazy stuff going on. Wouldn't pay child support. Had a guy mysteriously drown in his swimming pool.

Degrees of douchery really is splitting hairs. They both seemed like a lot of work to be around.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
You clowns bashng Anderson or the OBC are just out to lunch. First of all what Anderson was a big game player and scored many overtime goals for us also So Hall's remark was not accurate and arrogant. Only in Edmonton do we have so called hockey fans saying having older Oilers who were successful around is not good lol lol Grow up!!!! It is the new players that are the problem not the OBC.

Reactions: Dough72

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Sounds like an older person trying to awkwardly start a conversation with a kid he doesn't know. Certainly not worthy of the response he got from Hall and some people on this forum.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Sounds like an older person trying to awkwardly start a conversation with a kid he doesn't know. Certainly not worthy of the response he got from Hall and some people on this forum.

Considering Lowe had to tell Anderson to stay away from the kids, I'm guessing it's not a one time thing.

Marpole Dealer

Dec 19, 2014
My buddy, who is like a brother to me, played mens hockey with Glenn Anderson's brother Dave, and said he was a really good guy. He also said Glenn played a few games with them, and said he was an arrogant piece of shit. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind. He sounds like he's still a doosh.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
If Hall had a 10th of the heart of Ruettiger he would have beaten it.

This happened years ago didn’t it? Just some joshing around and and being cheeky wasn’t it. People brag all the time.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Glad this was just about a comment Hall made. Although if it was more literal...

f7j7bcsn9z811.jpg

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
I bet Anderson was just kidding around in jest. I could see Hall making a quick snarky response like that though.
Well known Anderson is kinda an asshole. Also likes to party. He was told by management to stop hanging around the young kids

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
You clowns bashng Anderson or the OBC are just out to lunch. First of all what Anderson was a big game player and scored many overtime goals for us also So Hall's remark was not accurate and arrogant. Only in Edmonton do we have so called hockey fans saying having older Oilers who were successful around is not good lol lol Grow up!!!! It is the new players that are the problem not the OBC.
Go to bed Kevin

Reactions: MikeYEG

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
When I read the tweet I had to look at the date... yup that is today's date.

What's the point of this thread?

:huh:

Reactions: harpoon

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Old news and it's not really even the full context. The full context is for whatever reason, late 50s Glenn Anderson would be out partying on many nights apparently. Even going to after parties and flipping out when people changed the music (according to Whitney at one after party he insisted nothing but Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" could be played and lost it when it when it wasn't).

So the night Hall scores his first game winner, Anderson was apparently hammered at the bar and according to Hall acting rude all night. It was at that point that Hall ribbed him after he approached them drunk.

So there's more context to that than just the quote. First off, to Glenn Anderson, great player no doubt ... but dude once you hit 40, let alone 50, it's time to hang up the "get blitzed at the bar and partying with 20 year olds" thing.

Also if Anderson is acting like that in his late 50s ... who wants to bet he wasn't getting hammered on the regular in the 80s. Who cares.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Why would Oilers management intervene and tell Glenn to back off? Seems like there’s more to the story, I bet Glenn was coming onto Hall.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
When I read the tweet I had to look at the date... yup that is today's date.

What's the point of this thread?

:huh:
Have no idea myself. Some people like to stir up old crap and rumours, especially so with the Oilers. Next, we can hear accounts of Fuhr's coke use, and Messier partying, and Gretzky getting drunk.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->